• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 wol3

wol3

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationCrofton, Maryland

Posted 19 September 2011 - 11:34 AM

My PDP's 5.2vdc/2.0amp charger uses a tiny ring & barrel type connector. I have a 5.2vdc/0.8 amp Sanyo cell phone charger that fits my PDP. I'm wondering if it's safe to use the cell phone charger on the PDP. Is it safe to use a charger that has a lower rating...does the charger protect itself against overload?

#2 Spz0

Spz0

Advanced Shoe Gum Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Location..Look under your Shoe..

Posted 19 September 2011 - 03:46 PM

I would say it is somewhat safe. BUT, I don't think you would be able to run the PDP and charge it at the same time. It would have to be a power off charger if anything.
I have a similar issue with my Cell phone. I have a car charger that is my wifes, but the micro usb also fits my phone. The amperage is lower than my wall charger, and when I try to charge my phone in my car with the power on, it is only enough juice to sustain the current charge, it wont store more juice.

Good Luck!
I will not answer requests for help on bricked devices. USE THE SEARCH! If you are confused by clearly written instructions, you shouldn't be hacking your tablet!!!!!

Posted Image
.......Devices.......
.Moto Droid X
LiquidICS

------------------------------------
.Samsung Vitality (Admire)
OpenAndroid ROM 2.3
Spz0's OC Kernel

.Kyocera M6000(zio)
Rooted2.2.1
OpenZio ROM 2.1.2
Adrynalyne OC

.Pandigital Planet 2.3.4 REFRESH
OpenPDP ROM 2.3.4-v2.1

...and many other devices.

>>Donate<< to my Marriage counseling fund. o.0

#3 jondar

jondar

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 04:26 PM

I'm curious, wol...what type of Sanyo phone is that charger for? I use the iGo charger for all my in car charging, and I'd love to find a tip that I could use with the PDP.

#4 wol3

wol3

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationCrofton, Maryland

Posted 21 September 2011 - 12:22 PM

I no longer have the phone,so don't know. But the charger is a Sanyo model SCP-10ADT.

I'm curious, wol...what type of Sanyo phone is that charger for? I use the iGo charger for all my in car charging, and I'd love to find a tip that I could use with the PDP.

#5 tfiveash

tfiveash

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 01:41 AM

I have found that a tip from a Samsung VM-A680 or a SPH-A680 phone will fit just fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users