6 replies to this topic

#1 jackbox

jackbox

Banned Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 09:38 AM

Is there a place to stick in a paperclip or something to perform a hard reset on the device? Also what is a good music and video player for the device? The ones on it suck. Any other tips on getting it to work better would be greatly appreciated. I am afraid I am stuck with this device that I didn't order. Got cheated from an Aliexpress seller.

#2 ratthing

ratthing

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 09:43 AM

The reset button is the small hole located between the on/off button and the volume rocker switch. But it won't do a hard reset. Best way to do that would be to download the 1.7.4 firmware and re-install it.Buried in the Settings menus somewhere is a selection for restoring to factory defaults. But I tried it once and it just bricked my M003.

#3 jackbox

jackbox

Banned Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 09:50 AM

The reset button is the small hole located between the on/off button and the volume rocker switch. But it won't do a hard reset. Best way to do that would be to download the 1.7.4 firmware and re-install it.Buried in the Settings menus somewhere is a selection for restoring to factory defaults. But I tried it once and it just bricked my M003.

Thanks that is what I needed to know. I didn't want to stick stuff in the wrong hole and screw stuff up. The manual it came with is lame and doesn't show the physical device and what everything does. Also, are there apps that should be deleted. I keep having google do stuff in the background slowing down the device. Is there somewhere in settings I can tell Google to calm down and stop searching and indexing stuff? Plus the GMail app only seems to be able to handle one email address. Is that the fact or is there a newer version to download and replace the one on the device with? Any tune-ups and improvements you can offer to help me speed up the device would be appreciated.

#4 ratthing

ratthing

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 10:08 AM

The M003 comes with all the Google sofware, and it helpfully syncs itself, which on a slow machine like the M003, totally sucks.To disable this, go into settings and into the "Data Synchronization" settings. Uncheck all the boxes except for "Background Data". This will stop the Google apps from syncing themselves and taking up resources. GMail can handle multiple POP accounts, but you have to set those up on the Gmail web site. Once you do that, all the mail will show up in your Inbox, labeled according to how you set your labels on the Google Mail web site.

#5 ratthing

ratthing

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 10:11 AM

The best thing I have done to speed up my M003 and make it more stable is to download a task manager app, one that kills apps on command. I execute it almost every time I leave an app, and since starting to do this my M003 rarely crashes and is fairly responsive.The task manager app I use is the one available via the Chinese "Apps Store" on the M003. You can get the same app on the Android Market, but of course you'll need to do the special M003 ritual to access the Android Market.

#6 jackbox

jackbox

Banned Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 10:11 AM

[quote name='ratthing;19427]GMail can handle multiple POP accounts' date=' but you have to set those up on the Gmail web site. Once you do that, all the mail will show up in your Inbox, labeled according to how you set your labels on the Google Mail web site.[/QUOTE'] I have multiple GMail accounts, not multiple POP accounts. I want to be able to check email for all my GMail accounts with separate inboxes for each account.

#7 ratthing

ratthing

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 10:14 AM

In that case you might want to have all your Gmail accounts forward to one account, or maybe try to use one Gmail account to grab the mail from the other accounts via POP or IMAP.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users