Anyone got Whatsapp/viber working???
Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:43 AM
I installed the latest version of Viber, but there are no notification sounds (ringing sound, incoming message). Anyone else noticed this problem? I use VeganTab Rom...
Thank you in advance
Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:24 AM
Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:55 PM
Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:53 PM
Blackberry Playbook: Whatapps works, Viber does not work.
Acer A700 Tablet: Whatsapp does not work, Viber works.
Just wondering why I can't get whatapp to work on the Acer, and the other two tablets it works fine...
Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:29 PM
You won't have any luck mate, Whatsapp and Viber are linked to IMEI number, being tablets, we don't have one (or all share the same one) and they won't work..
no change atall sadly mate.
This is not entirely correct, as long as you have a phone with a sim card, it seems some tablets will work, you just get the verification code from the phone, and enter it in the tablet. Although some tablets you can't get that far it will just say non compatible.
I guess it depends on the model.
Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:58 AM
However, in the meantime you can still download Viber from PlayStore, or from the direct link in our official HelpDesk at http://bit.ly/rqbZEw . Try it out and we would be happy to receive your feedback on how it works on your device so we could improve Viber accordingly.
Insructions for activating Viber on iPod/iPad/Tablet:
1. connect to WiFi from your iPad/iPod/Tablet.
2. download and install Viber app. when asked for your number, enter your regular cellphone's number (or any other number of yours that can receive the code, for example a landline (fixed) number, a prepaid number, etc.), then confirm.
3. an SMS message with the code will be sent to your regular cellular phone.
4. take that code and use it in your iPad/iPod/Tablet. Viber will then be activated, and you're good to go.
* this means that if anyone dials your number on Viber, you will get the call on your iPad/iPod/Tablet.
** Please note that Viber does not officially support iPods/iPads/Tablets yet. In the future, we plan to release fully compatible versions, but unfortunately we still don't know when exactly it will be ready.