• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 vette

vette

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 02:57 AM

If this helps everybody with this machine,I happen to come across DarkLord's easyroot kit from xda,supposed to root almost anything...Well it offically does! I tried it and came with working superuser,and busybox,I know this works,I downloaded the yaffsExpert app from here,Hope this helps,let me know on any more info.. :good:

#22 rericb

rericb

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 04:51 PM

Im am new to "rooting" i bought a pandigital 9" for my daughter for christmas and want to get a full running android market on it.i dont know were to.start

Need help rooting 9" pandigital some one please help

#23 panengineer

panengineer

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:19 PM

Go over to the 9" thread and look for terminander's fw. He rooted it and added market I believe.

#24 brandonjvick

brandonjvick

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 08:27 PM

I was stumbling around and found that Z4ROOT v1.3.0 by ryanZA ive had it on my HDD for 15 mos and just decided to try it, Just got my WPDN Today and already have root and about to try a modded cwm.. have a nice day

is a one click root app easy as PIE!!!!

Ha i have attached it to this post!!!

Edited by mrsburnout, 08 April 2012 - 07:46 PM.
removed email address

#25 tR4w

tR4w

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 02:01 AM

Jeff....Jeff....Jeff...
The search tool works wonders as there is more than enough information and solutions to go around for everyone.

That said:
Start here: http://www.slatedroi...eltablet-users/ (yes, the main announcement at the top of the forum you posted this in that reads "ATTN: Pandigital Novel/Tablet Users"

Then

You can find some "patches" here:
http://www.slatedroi...d-enhancements/

Please read up on FW flashing and get to know your novel or you'll be answering the age old question:
Which came first - The WPDN Brick or the App?

Hey Saint,

I have read the introduction instructions in the forums and I feel like some of it is contradicting itself.

So I went to the links (for the enhancements and 'ATTN')you gave Jeff here and under the enhancement link, I read the whole page and found out none of those will support my Pandigital Novel... My firmware ver. is: SKI20_20110321_B_PD_INX7E_ENG_6410POP
That came stock on the device.

Its a build version that dates 3/21... ya'll only have enhancements for up to 3/2. So does that mean, those enhancements by Kewl will not work on my Pandigital that I bought 3 days ago?

Please let me know. I know ya'll dont want noobs to clutter the experts but I have read everything, youtubed everything and I keep coming to a conclusion that these enhancements (rooting, market, netflix etc) wont work for my pandigital because its firmware is newer. Or am i just stupid and am missing something really simple here?

Thanks,
Nate

#26 etp23

etp23

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 05:18 AM

ok so i updated to latest firmware and tried flashing the combo pack one to rooot and i didt know where to place the file anybody know where to??
ialso lost es file explorer and the slide me market frm my apps anybody know how to fix and where i can placethe file??
dcim?? root of sd card didnt work or in the pandigital folder??

#27 panengineer

panengineer

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 09:53 AM

In the root of the SD card and still zipped with the correct name and a full downloaded file? Are you getting a triangle with an explanation mark?

#28 etp23

etp23

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 01:40 PM

In the root of the SD card and still zipped with the correct name and a full downloaded file? Are you getting a triangle with an explanation mark?

No no triangle but there is 2 memory cards on mine which do I put it on and how can I tell the difference? Would u happen to know how to fix my lost apps

#29 shamrockdaddy

shamrockdaddy

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 01:44 PM

I was stumbling around and found that Z4ROOT v1.3.0 by ryanZA ive had it on my HDD for 15 mos and just decided to try it, Just got my WPDN Today and already have root and about to try a modded cwm.. have a nice day

is a one click root app easy as PIE!!!!

Droid3Ologist@gmail.com

Ha i have attached it to this post!!!

I dont see your attachment????

#30 panengineer

panengineer

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 02:26 PM

PD_Novel is the internal card, the external will be SD card.

Did you ever get those apps when you originally flashed? The S20 FW must be flashed twice, the second flash installs the apps that come with the unit. Most prefer to flash from the external SD card as it is easier to do something with if something should go wrong.

#31 etp23

etp23

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 02:51 PM

The s20 is the update?? If so I only flashed the update once but lost my apps nothing new was really added just was the lates firmware from the pandigital website

#32 tR4w

tR4w

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:39 AM

I just installed all the enhancements found under kewlguys forum post and they work.

Just had one question. When I accessed the market app, i signed in with my google account, and it went to the home screen. Then the market popped back up and it said it cannot connect to it and it prompts me to retry to connect to the market.

I reinstalled and still same problem. The problem is not signing in, its accessing the market homescreen.

Please Help!

#33 panengineer

panengineer

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 08:53 AM

You may want to try to move the date back one day, and try again. Sometimes moving the date backwards and forwards 24 hours several times will get it working. Then download a free app real quick after you get in to lock in the market hack. This information is all over the place, including in the WIKI.

Also, the market hack broke recently, so you may still get no matching content after you get in. If you get that, read the last 5 or 6 pages of Kewlguy's FW thread at the top of the FW development forum on how to fix that problem.

#34 Joseph Pruitt

Joseph Pruitt

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationHayesville, NC

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:25 AM

Has anyone rooted the 2012 wpdn? I read somewhere on the forums about changing a file to allow setting a permission and then g2g but I can't seem to find it anymore. If it's something straightforward like that I'd like to know.
"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." - Mahatma Gandhi

"Perhaps... Today is a good day to live." - Lt Commander Worf

#35 sy6351

sy6351

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:21 AM

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone Im in the process of rooting my ereader and all the information and links are great

#36 DominicEne

DominicEne

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:21 PM

I have the white pan digital novel. is it possible to install uberoid on it

#37 minenow

minenow

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 10:45 AM

i have the pandigital white 7" reader i get security certificate warnings in the browser looking for android help

#38 ironwulf105

ironwulf105

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 09:38 PM

Is there a way to have netflix on this paperweight?