• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#41 tjevans

tjevans

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 01:42 PM

WOW, thanks for all of that info.it is very informative.
On a different note maybe you can answer this question. I installed roebeet's Brilliant Corners and it is working great. I also installed the 1.3.1 update or at least I think I did. After flashing 1.3.0 and then rebooting to CWM and selecting the 1.3.1 update.zip from the ROM folder I created and selecting install from sd card zip do I do the "wipe data/factory reset","wipe cache partition"."Wipe Dalvik Cache"? That is what I did so I do not know if I have 1.3.1. I went into settings "About" and all it says is "Brilliant Corners"? How can I tell if I have BC or not? Thanks

If it rean fine without a hangup, then it's safe to assume that it worked. You could read the changelog on the BC thread and see what 1.3.1 added, then check to see if it was.

#42 Targaryen

Targaryen

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 08:53 PM

Tried vegantab, gtabcomb, ended with flashback 8.1. Can't stand gb interface on gtab after getting accustomed to hc.

Good battery life, smooth interface, flash works very well. No hd vid, no camera.

Couldn't get vlc remote to work using vegantab ge, dealbreaker. Plus too much like a huge droid x.

#43 sharpe351

sharpe351

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • LocationApopka, FL

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:09 PM

If it rean fine without a hangup, then it's safe to assume that it worked. You could read the changelog on the BC thread and see what 1.3.1 added, then check to see if it was.

The changes are to add market updater, and a few small code issues I think.

sent from my AOSP CM7 with Clemsyn Kernal using Tapatalk
Devices: Asus Transformer running ICS no-bloat deodexed and zipaligned, Motorola Triumph on ICS/CM9 ROM, Pandigital Novel White.

Official released ROMs:PRIME Redux v1.0

If you can't get ahold of me here, check HERE...

Custom UOT file built for Brilliant Corners (BC Comb) Confirmed working on FrankenTab Alpha--HERE

Custom UOT file built for Clemsyn's Beast ROM (BeastyComb)--HERE

Member of Team Flashback

Seeking team members for Asus ICS modification... PM me for details

#44 Agactual

Agactual

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 02:16 PM

I have a very similar question. I was using vegantab 7 but I am not really liking it too much. It gets reallyn slow at times, while becoming compleatly unresponsive, and I get a fair number of force close errors. I did everything that g tablet for dummies said to do in situations like that but it didn't really do much. So I want to try something different. I used nvflash to put the 1.2 bootloader onto my gtablet, so that I what I am working with now (I am typing this on the stock firmware, so please pity me) and I am unfamiliar with the new options that I have.

What I really want is speed. I don't care if it is froyo, gingerbread, or honeycomb, I just want a rom that is smooth and fast. Which 1.2 roms should I look into? I suppose stability would be nice too but as long as the rom works, speed is my main concern.

#45 lartomar2002

lartomar2002

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 03:15 PM

I have a very similar question. I was using vegantab 7 but I am not really liking it too much. It gets reallyn slow at times, while becoming compleatly unresponsive, and I get a fair number of force close errors. I did everything that g tablet for dummies said to do in situations like that but it didn't really do much. So I want to try something different. I used nvflash to put the 1.2 bootloader onto my gtablet, so that I what I am working with now (I am typing this on the stock firmware, so please pity me) and I am unfamiliar with the new options that I have.

What I really want is speed. I don't care if it is froyo, gingerbread, or honeycomb, I just want a rom that is smooth and fast. Which 1.2 roms should I look into? I suppose stability would be nice too but as long as the rom works, speed is my main concern.

I have been using robeet's "Brilliant Corners" for 2 months. I have found it to be the most stable and is fast.

Asus Transformer Infinity TF700 32gb unlocked, rooted, CROMI-X 5.3a
Viewsonic G-tab (BL1.2 ROM) SmoOth Bean 1.5.2
Acer Iconia a100 Rooted and Unlocked bootloader. Just in case I want to install a custom Rom:D
Ainol Novo 7 Advanced
Nothing left in my right brain! Nothing right in my left brain!

#46 Agactual

Agactual

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 05:50 PM

Right now I am trying out this Calkulin + Clemsyn Combo. Feels a bit odd. Some of those strange tap n tap icons and stuff but seems incredibly fast (and not absolutely retarded). I'll try this one first. Hopefully is stays fast when I put stuff on and hopefully it remains stable.

#47 desteele

desteele

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 11:44 PM

Go grab Clemsyn's Beast ROM...oh my gosh. It flys, and boots VERY fast. I timed a cold boot at 50 seconds today.

#48 Agactual

Agactual

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 11:59 PM

Go grab Clemsyn's Beast ROM...oh my gosh. It flys, and boots VERY fast. I timed a cold boot at 50 seconds today.

Maybe some other time. I went back to Vegan tab (1.2 version this time) since I could not get the market to work on the newest Calkulin + Clemsyn. Anytime i got an update notification, it forced closed and would not open again. Plus the wifi notification thing would pull down from the top and wouldn't go away, no matter what i would do. And i heard about something called "sleep of death" with it, which sounds extremely spooky. It was fast as hell but stability seemed to be a problem for me.

Plus, I couldn't get the damn thing off for awhile. Any attempts to restore the stock rom from clockwork mod were unsuccessful. Didn't try nvflash but data wipes and factory restores didn't do *oops. Not sure if that is meant to be that way but it was frustrating. I just wanted it gone but it kept coming back, kind of like herpes. I'm done exploring for awhile. I need this thing for school and this was my one night off of studying.

Vegantab has its little problems but of the 5 roms i have tried, it is the most stable. Much like marriage, maybe i should just stick with stability over excitement.

#49 lartomar2002

lartomar2002

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 09:09 AM

Maybe some other time. I went back to Vegan tab (1.2 version this time) since I could not get the market to work on the newest Calkulin + Clemsyn. Anytime i got an update notification, it forced closed and would not open again. Plus the wifi notification thing would pull down from the top and wouldn't go away, no matter what i would do. And i heard about something called "sleep of death" with it, which sounds extremely spooky. It was fast as hell but stability seemed to be a problem for me.

Plus, I couldn't get the damn thing off for awhile. Any attempts to restore the stock rom from clockwork mod were unsuccessful. Didn't try nvflash but data wipes and factory restores didn't do *oops. Not sure if that is meant to be that way but it was frustrating. I just wanted it gone but it kept coming back, kind of like herpes. I'm done exploring for awhile. I need this thing for school and this was my one night off of studying.

Vegantab has its little problems but of the 5 roms i have tried, it is the most stable. Much like marriage, maybe i should just stick with stability over excitement.

Have you tried Brilliant Corners, its Froyo but with the 1.3.1 you get full market.

Asus Transformer Infinity TF700 32gb unlocked, rooted, CROMI-X 5.3a
Viewsonic G-tab (BL1.2 ROM) SmoOth Bean 1.5.2
Acer Iconia a100 Rooted and Unlocked bootloader. Just in case I want to install a custom Rom:D
Ainol Novo 7 Advanced
Nothing left in my right brain! Nothing right in my left brain!

#50 Agactual

Agactual

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 10:19 AM

Have you tried Brilliant Corners, its Froyo but with the 1.3.1 you get full market.

I was going to but I saw that it was a .avi file or something along those lines and I am not entirely sure how to install those. Is it exactly the same as installing the .zip files or is there a different set of instructions somewhere?

Edited by Agactual, 15 October 2011 - 10:26 AM.

#51 Adelamarc

Adelamarc

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 05:45 PM

Its an rar, just a different type of zip. Just look online for an rar extractor. Then use the update.zip in the. rar file.

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk

#52 Agactual

Agactual

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 07:04 PM

Its an rar, just a different type of zip. Just look online for an rar extractor. Then use the update.zip in the. rar file.

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk

Hey, it worked, who would have guessed? Looks nice but for some reason the camera has turned itself on for a split second and then shut off a 3 times. Not sure what the deal with that is. I'll try to sort it out though.

Still confused about one thing. I installed 1.3.0 but i see there is a supplement file too. Do i just install that now, the same way i installed 1.3.0?

#53 sharpe351

sharpe351

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • LocationApopka, FL

Posted 15 October 2011 - 07:09 PM

Hey, it worked, who would have guessed? Looks nice but for some reason the camera has turned itself on for a split second and then shut off a 3 times. Not sure what the deal with that is. I'll try to sort it out though.

Still confused about one thing. I installed 1.3.0 but i see there is a supplement file too. Do i just install that now, the same way i installed 1.3.0?

Install the supplement the same as the ROM. Right on top of your original install. It should work just fine.

sent from my Gtablet with Clemsyn Kernal using Tapatalk
Devices: Asus Transformer running ICS no-bloat deodexed and zipaligned, Motorola Triumph on ICS/CM9 ROM, Pandigital Novel White.

Custom UOT file built for Brilliant Corners (BC Comb) Confirmed working on FrankenTab Alpha--HERE

Member of Team Flashback

#54 Agactual

Agactual

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 07:19 PM

Install the supplement the same as the ROM. Right on top of your original install. It should work just fine.

Gracias

So far I do like it. Aesthetically, it is very nice. I like the buttons at the bottom. It isn't the fastest i have seen but also seems to be much more stable than Calkulin + Clemsyn. I'll have to test this one out, hopefully there aren't any unpleasant surprises.

Edited by Agactual, 15 October 2011 - 07:54 PM.

#55 Agactual

Agactual

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 09:55 AM

After a few days of running brilliant corners, i have to say it is by far the best rom I have used and I have tried most of them now. Besides having to spend 5 minutes unlocking the full market, I have not had a single issue. Every other rom had some kind of flaw. Some i would get force close errors, or the thing would grind to a halt, or the market wouldn't work correctly or system apps wouldn't work right. This is the first rom where everything seems to function 100% perfectly. And it actually feels like it was built for this tablet. Everything seems to match up perfectly, i like the permanent apps at the bottom of the screen, i like how it is fast but not so fast that the battery drains right away or like it feels unstable. I think whoever built it knew exactly what the g tablet needed. I think i have found my permanent rom.

#56 pixelrider

pixelrider

FW Developer

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 19 October 2011 - 11:21 AM

BC is by far my favorite ROM. With 99% of the features of the Gtab working great, it just feels complete. I am working on doing a mod of the BC ROM to possibly streamline a few more things.
I just KNOW I am gonna break somthin......oh well....wheres that new rom......

FrankenTAB v1.1.0 Official Release here

You can DONATE to me if you want to buy me a beer.

#57 Agactual

Agactual

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 05:17 PM

In terms of speed and stability, how does mountain laurel compare to brilliant corners? The screen shots seem to show that it is similar to tnt lite, which i always liked but i don't know if it is worth straying from brilliant corners.

#58 Adelamarc

Adelamarc

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 03:18 PM

I always liked BC much more than ML. BC just feels better to me.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

#59 sharpe351

sharpe351

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • LocationApopka, FL

Posted 24 October 2011 - 08:44 PM

ML is a good base for someone who actually likes TnT. I like the "adam" style ROMs like BC. Especially after dropping in my Launcher and UOT files. Real nice.

Member of Team Flashback

#60 Agactual

Agactual

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 11:14 PM

I think you guys are right. There were a few features of tap n tap that I did like (note the word "few") that I wouldn't mind having again but i was using my g-tablet all day for school and I realized that it is absolutely perfect with brilliant corners. The other roms aren't bad but if I was using any of the other ones tday, I feel like i would have had issues here and there. That wasn't the case at all today and besides occasionally having to do the market fix (sometimes the market reverts back to the more limited version), i have had no issues with this rom since i put it on about 2 weeks ago. It isn't the most exciting rom but it seems to be the most functional, by far. There probably is no point in really playing with new ones. I doubt i will find anything better at this point.