• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#21 astevens54

astevens54

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 08:53 AM

I liked gtabcomb 3.3 with the exception that the camera didn't work (no biggie). Of all the ROM's I've tested to this point it is the the best HC however, VeganTab works the best for me. From early reading I thought gtabcomb wasn't going to be developed any longer (which I didn't want to waste my time using if development had stopped) . I was wrong and may go back to it, I did like it the best and the video worked well with it too.

Edited by astevens54, 05 September 2011 - 09:01 AM.

Viewsonic G-TAB TeamDRH-ICS-Beta
Droid X rooted
Motorola Droid 1 rooted

#22 astevens54

astevens54

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 01:58 PM

I am on. stock-5274-rooted with 300 apps with all tegra games working.

What was you install process? I just DL it.
Droid X rooted
Motorola Droid 1 rooted

#23 sharpe351

sharpe351

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • LocationApopka, FL

Posted 05 September 2011 - 02:48 PM

Same here (running "stockish" 5274)... flashed with Clockwork... then NVflashed clockwork only to get it back up and running. After which, I flashed Clemsyn Froyo Kernal, installed the Market install with Superuser (zip file). It runs stable, its faster, it supports full 1080p HD video and games that support hardware acceleration. Roebeet (aka ROM master) used pieces of this ROM to update Mountain Laurel and Brilliant Corners. I am still getting used to the interface and the inability to change the keyboard, but I need to try this out fully, a torture test, if you will. I want to see how much I can do to this before it fails miserably. I already dumped the Phone.apk and the Telephony.apk. Still stable. I'll keep you posted as I beat it senseless.

sent from my Stockish 5274 running Clemsyn kernal Gtablet using Tapatalk
Devices: Asus Transformer running ICS no-bloat deodexed and zipaligned, Motorola Triumph on ICS/CM9 ROM, Pandigital Novel White.

Official released ROMs:PRIME Redux v1.0

If you can't get ahold of me here, check HERE...

Custom UOT file built for Brilliant Corners (BC Comb) Confirmed working on FrankenTab Alpha--HERE

Custom UOT file built for Clemsyn's Beast ROM (BeastyComb)--HERE

Member of Team Flashback

Seeking team members for Asus ICS modification... PM me for details

#24 astevens54

astevens54

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 03:17 PM

Since the release of the new kernel .36 which will help with video problems etc. I am suspending any further installations of current ROM's until .36 has been fully incorporated.
Droid X rooted
Motorola Droid 1 rooted

#25 cgingermany

cgingermany

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 07:53 PM

I tried almost all of them and now running as follows

ROM : VEGAn-GE-7.1.0-smb_a1002-BL-1.2-fixed_assert.zip
Kernel : Clemsyn 1.5boot1.2Gingerupdated.zip
CPU : @1.5ghz
Launcher : ADWLauncher EX using iphoneish UI
OC : CPU_Master_for_Root_Users_v1.9.1
Voltage : pimpmycpu-3.0

Able to run 1080p and 780p test video and they are smooth.

1080p : big_buck_bunny_1080p_surround.avi
720p : Medusa.mp4

Everything works, camera, Bluetooth, video. I don't use any of my tab
as game machine so I cannot say all the game works.

I will recommend VEGAn-TAB ROM and also Brilliant Corners as a daily runner. BTW ran both ROM using Clemsyn's kernel with no issue. :good:

I did what you have here and yea sir it runs smooth. I had a small issue when trying to run fruit ninja but was easily corrected by doing a fix permissions in cwm. I'm just wondering, what are your settings in pimpmycpu? Thanks BTW.

#26 mike ekim

mike ekim

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 10:21 AM

Can anyone compare stock-5274 to Vegan 5.1.1? I'm contemplation a switch from BL 1.1.

Also, does stock-5274 plav Plants vs Zombies?

#27 sharpe351

sharpe351

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • LocationApopka, FL

Posted 06 September 2011 - 01:28 PM

Can anyone compare stock-5274 to Vegan 5.1.1? I'm contemplation a switch from BL 1.1.

5274 supports HD video and most HD games without issue.

sent from my Century Eyes Gtablet using Tapatalk
Devices: Asus Transformer running ICS no-bloat deodexed and zipaligned, Motorola Triumph on ICS/CM9 ROM, Pandigital Novel White.

Custom UOT file built for Brilliant Corners (BC Comb) Confirmed working on FrankenTab Alpha--HERE

Member of Team Flashback

#28 Adelamarc

Adelamarc

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 02:41 PM

I don't believe 5274 will play PvZ. I couldn't get Peggle to run. I didn't have PvZ to try though.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

#29 ben_2g0

ben_2g0

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:25 AM

I installed the market on it. some apps are missing but when you use your google account on browser, you can get the apps that are missing. I believe stock is better. I have been running 5274 now for about 2 weeks and have not experienced any FC. Stock kernel set at default. not yet changed. I will try a.36 soon. Vid might improve.

Edited by ben_2g0, 12 September 2011 - 11:45 AM.

#30 astevens54

astevens54

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 11:57 AM

I tried almost all of them and now running as follows

ROM : VEGAn-GE-7.1.0-smb_a1002-BL-1.2-fixed_assert.zip
Kernel : Clemsyn 1.5boot1.2Gingerupdated.zip
CPU : @1.5ghz
Launcher : ADWLauncher EX using iphoneish UI
OC : CPU_Master_for_Root_Users_v1.9.1
Voltage : pimpmycpu-3.0

Able to run 1080p and 780p test video and they are smooth.

1080p : big_buck_bunny_1080p_surround.avi
720p : Medusa.mp4

Everything works, camera, Bluetooth, video. I don't use any of my tab
as game machine so I cannot say all the game works.

I will recommend VEGAn-TAB ROM and also Brilliant Corners as a daily runner. BTW ran both ROM using Clemsyn's kernel with no issue. :good:

How's the battery usage?
Droid X rooted
Motorola Droid 1 rooted

#31 sharpe351

sharpe351

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • LocationApopka, FL

Posted 13 September 2011 - 04:40 PM

How's the battery usage?

Of all the ROMs I've used, I've never had issues with battery outside of HoneyComb. Those ROMs kill for some reason.

sent from my Brilliant Corners with Clemsyn Kernal Gtablet using Tapatalk

Member of Team Flashback

#32 lartomar2002

lartomar2002

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 09:36 PM

I installed the market on it. some apps are missing but when you use your google account on browser, you can get the apps that are missing. I believe stock is better. I have been running 5274 now for about 2 weeks and have not experienced any FC. Stock kernel set at default. not yet changed. I will try a.36 soon. Vid might improve.

I am having problems with a app I need it says it is incompatible with NVIDIA Brilliant Corners but when I go there with my pc it says it is compatible with NVIDIA Brilliant Corners. What do you mean by "when you use your google account on browser". It is probably something simple but it eludes me at the moment. Could you give me an example?
Thanks

Asus Transformer Infinity TF700 32gb unlocked, rooted, CROMI-X 5.3a
Viewsonic G-tab (BL1.2 ROM) SmoOth Bean 1.5.2
Acer Iconia a100 Rooted and Unlocked bootloader. Just in case I want to install a custom Rom:D
Ainol Novo 7 Advanced
Nothing left in my right brain! Nothing right in my left brain!

#33 scoony

scoony

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 09:38 PM

Has anyone tried TnT 1.2 with gapps and a kernel upgrade. If what results have you had?

wha is the differance between tnt lite 4.4 and tnt 1.2 ?

#34 ben_2g0

ben_2g0

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 08:17 AM

anyway you want it installed.

heres another good stock. look for hannspad stock-5303. as is way faster than any rom. with some issues on buttons but I can live with that. it functions as if you are using an ipad. all tegra games work. camera is way better and configured for skype, fring type of com. pvz dont know. it has an amazing UI. I believe what we have in viewsonic is garbage. it is way better than 5274.

#35 Phil K

Phil K

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 09:27 AM

anyway you want it installed.

heres another good stock. look for hannspad stock-5303. as is way faster than any rom. with some issues on buttons but I can live with that. it functions as if you are using an ipad. all tegra games work. camera is way better and configured for skype, fring type of com. pvz dont know. it has an amazing UI. I believe what we have in viewsonic is garbage. it is way better than 5274.

I can't find it anywhere - not got a link ?

#36 lartomar2002

lartomar2002

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 01:24 PM

I can't find it anywhere - not got a link ?

Are all ROMs from other Tegra2 devices compatible with the GTab?

Acer Iconia a100 Rooted and Unlocked bootloader. Just in case I want to install a custom Rom:D
Ainol Novo 7 Advanced

#37 tjevans

tjevans

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 07:46 PM

Are all ROMs from other Tegra2 devices compatible with the GTab?

no

#38 lartomar2002

lartomar2002

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 12:14 AM

no

Short and to the point. The reason I asked is because I see where are different roms based on the Advent Vega and Hannspan.

Ainol Novo 7 Advanced

#39 tjevans

tjevans

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 12:46 AM

Short and to the point. The reason I asked is because I see where are different roms based on the Advent Vega and Hannspan.

They can be "ported" (portable) over to our tablets, with some work. Things need changed to make up for hardware differences.

What I thought you were asking was "Would a Rom for the Acer Iconia work on the Gtablet?" They are both Tegra2, but the Acer uses slightly different hardware, and therefore, the rom made for it would not work on the Gtablet.

Beasties rom is a custom rom made for the Notion Ink Adam, I believe. It was modifed in order to work on our systems.

Similarly, EVERY honeycomb rom that we have available now, was a port of a rom made for a different device, from a different device.

This isn't EXACTLY how it happened, but say for instance:
Advent Vega developers got source for the stock firmware for the motorola xoom. They took that firmware and modifed it so that it would run on an Advent vega. Of course, because of hardware differences, not everything worked properly...like Hardware acceleration and the camera.

Now, one of the Gtablet developers, let's say Roebeet, took that rom, we'll call it vegacomb, and decided to port it by changing a few tings in order to make it run on the Gtablet...

Then another developer, we'll call him Linuxboxsolutions, decided to take Roebeets port and change it to better suit his needs.

What you end up with is Illuminate, which in a sense is a modification of a port, of a rom, of a port, of a stock firmware. Or at least it was when it first came out.

Now, Gtablet users have Calkulin/clemsyn for our machines...it could be ported over to work on the Adam, or the Vega, if they so wished.

The original 1.1 roms were named similar to their origination. Roebeet had released TNT Lite, which was a modified version of the original Tap N Tap firmware that was on our tablets. TNT Lite became Mountain Laurel when it was moved to the 1.2 bootloader.

Similarly, he also released a rom called Gadam (Gtablet Adam) that was a port of the stock firmware from the Notion Ink Adam. That one for 1.2 bootloader is Century Eyes.

Vegan 5.1.1 was a creation of the Vegantabdevs team, Gojimi, Roebeet et al.

Cyanogen is a gingerbread based rom. It's available for a plethora of devices, including phones, tablets, etc. My wife has a Coby Mid7022, which is a gingerbread based device. CM is availabel for it, but it's hers, and until she figures out how to flash roms, she'll be staying stock (rooted of course)

What you've been noticing are the Hannspad, and maybe Malata roms that are popping up. They are similar devices to the Gtablet, actually made by the same company. With a few modifications, their STOCK firmware can be ported to work on our devices. The general thinkings is "can't have too many roms, can we?" It's also nice to see firmware that was packaged with devices from companies that actually cared to make them functional out of the box.

In a sense, these new "stock" firmwares are similar to the original building blocks that roebeet used way back when (OK, 10 months or so, but it DOES seem like a long time) where he took the Adam, Vega, and TNT stock firmwares to create a superior rom, developers can also tweak and modify the firmwares from Hannspad and Malata to create something that is superior to their stock, and include better aspects of other firmwares.

So, my simple answer was correct. Can we use a rom created for another Tegra2 device on the Gtablet? The answer is still NO, unless it's changed to make it work. The same is true for Stock firmwares...they need to be modifed to work with our hardware.

Ok ,I think I actually answered your question now...

And how do I know all of this after owning my Gtablet for only 4 months...I've read just about every stinking thread on 3 different forums. All 3 forums are bookmarked, and I read each one every day...

#40 lartomar2002

lartomar2002

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 01:10 AM

They can be "ported" (portable) over to our tablets, with some work. Things need changed to make up for hardware differences.

What I thought you were asking was "Would a Rom for the Acer Iconia work on the Gtablet?" They are both Tegra2, but the Acer uses slightly different hardware, and therefore, the rom made for it would not work on the Gtablet.

Beasties rom is a custom rom made for the Notion Ink Adam, I believe. It was modifed in order to work on our systems.

Similarly, EVERY honeycomb rom that we have available now, was a port of a rom made for a different device, from a different device.

This isn't EXACTLY how it happened, but say for instance:
Advent Vega developers got source for the stock firmware for the motorola xoom. They took that firmware and modifed it so that it would run on an Advent vega. Of course, because of hardware differences, not everything worked properly...like Hardware acceleration and the camera.

Now, one of the Gtablet developers, let's say Roebeet, took that rom, we'll call it vegacomb, and decided to port it by changing a few tings in order to make it run on the Gtablet...

Then another developer, we'll call him Linuxboxsolutions, decided to take Roebeets port and change it to better suit his needs.

What you end up with is Illuminate, which in a sense is a modification of a port, of a rom, of a port, of a stock firmware. Or at least it was when it first came out.

Now, Gtablet users have Calkulin/clemsyn for our machines...it could be ported over to work on the Adam, or the Vega, if they so wished.

The original 1.1 roms were named similar to their origination. Roebeet had released TNT Lite, which was a modified version of the original Tap N Tap firmware that was on our tablets. TNT Lite became Mountain Laurel when it was moved to the 1.2 bootloader.

Similarly, he also released a rom called Gadam (Gtablet Adam) that was a port of the stock firmware from the Notion Ink Adam. That one for 1.2 bootloader is Century Eyes.

Vegan 5.1.1 was a creation of the Vegantabdevs team, Gojimi, Roebeet et al.

Cyanogen is a gingerbread based rom. It's available for a plethora of devices, including phones, tablets, etc. My wife has a Coby Mid7022, which is a gingerbread based device. CM is availabel for it, but it's hers, and until she figures out how to flash roms, she'll be staying stock (rooted of course)

What you've been noticing are the Hannspad, and maybe Malata roms that are popping up. They are similar devices to the Gtablet, actually made by the same company. With a few modifications, their STOCK firmware can be ported to work on our devices. The general thinkings is "can't have too many roms, can we?" It's also nice to see firmware that was packaged with devices from companies that actually cared to make them functional out of the box.

In a sense, these new "stock" firmwares are similar to the original building blocks that roebeet used way back when (OK, 10 months or so, but it DOES seem like a long time) where he took the Adam, Vega, and TNT stock firmwares to create a superior rom, developers can also tweak and modify the firmwares from Hannspad and Malata to create something that is superior to their stock, and include better aspects of other firmwares.

So, my simple answer was correct. Can we use a rom created for another Tegra2 device on the Gtablet? The answer is still NO, unless it's changed to make it work. The same is true for Stock firmwares...they need to be modifed to work with our hardware.

Ok ,I think I actually answered your question now...

And how do I know all of this after owning my Gtablet for only 4 months...I've read just about every stinking thread on 3 different forums. All 3 forums are bookmarked, and I read each one every day...

WOW, thanks for all of that info.it is very informative.
On a different note maybe you can answer this question. I installed roebeet's Brilliant Corners and it is working great. I also installed the 1.3.1 update or at least I think I did. After flashing 1.3.0 and then rebooting to CWM and selecting the 1.3.1 update.zip from the ROM folder I created and selecting install from sd card zip do I do the "wipe data/factory reset","wipe cache partition"."Wipe Dalvik Cache"? That is what I did so I do not know if I have 1.3.1. I went into settings "About" and all it says is "Brilliant Corners"? How can I tell if I have BC or not? Thanks

Ainol Novo 7 Advanced