Android Tablets Forum banner

FS-805T Power problems (Need Help)

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  androidlove 
#1 ·
So if you read my other thread (further adventures in pandawill and the cortex a8) you'll know what's going on. If not I'll summarize. They sent me a replacement pad, I plugged it in had problems, troubleshot and after opening the power supply saw two bare 120V input wires (from being pinched by case) and after repairing that the pad isn't charging. So here's what I've got so far:

1)Power supply is outputing 9v and 1500 mA
2)Pad works with power supply connected but battery won't charge
3)At the battery I'm getting 324 micro amps with the pad plugged in and charging.

I'm thinking that a short caused some damage to either one of the 2 slim boards (the one with the 30 pin socket or the one that is above the mainboard that connects to the battery) but I need help figuring out which one since I have no specs or diagrams for either of the boards. So if any of you know what I should test on either one of the boards please let me know.

Also I broke the touchscreen the last time I opened it up (don't ask). Has anyone found a reliable source for replacements parts?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.