2 replies to this topic

#1 Painting

Painting

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationJeddah, Saudi Arabia

Posted 28 August 2011 - 06:42 PM

Thanks to a post in Ce4Arab, Now I can use Whatsapp without needing a data connection, just using Wi-Fi!

Requirements:

1- Rooted Android phone.
2- Rooted Android Tablet.
3- Titanium Backup PRO
4- Whatsapp of course! :)

On the phone:
1- Install Titanium Backup PRO on your Android Phone.

2- Install Whatsapp on your Android phone and activate it.

3-
Open Titanium Backup PRO, press Batch and then Backup your user data, they say you must make a full backup but I only did the following:

Open Titanium Backup PRO, then go to Backup/Restore, scroll down till you find Wahtsapp, press on it once and then hit Backup!

4- Using any method/file explorer brows your Android phone to folder named TitaniumBackup ( you'll find it in sdcard ), copy it to your computer, then copy it to your Tablet sdcard.

Now on the Tablet:

5- Install Wahtsapp on your Tablet.

6- Install Titanium Backup PRO On your Tablet.

7- Open Titanium Backup PRO , Press Menu, then press Batch then scroll down to ( restore All apps with data ).

Notes:
- I haven't used Titanium Backup PRO before, so all the steps above is with using the program once. If anyone is using it and has backup their data before please paid attention if you do have previous backups.

- These steps has been made on Froyo 20110211 update.

Source ( Arbaic thread )

Attached Files

-------
Asus Laptop ..!!
DSL Connection ..!!
Xperia S ..!!
Sony Tablet S ..!!

With things like these who needs enemies ..!!

#2 jaya

jaya

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 02:10 AM

Hi,

I recently bought a MID, Ramos W12 (no GSM module, just WiFi) and this is what I did to get WhatsApp running on my tablet:
  • I have a mobile phone with my number ready
  • I installed WhatsApp from 1Mobile Market app
  • I run WhatsApp, in the registration dialog I entered my mobile number
  • WhatsApp will automatically SMS my number on my phone, I got message: WhatsApp code XXX
  • WhatsApp will wait for the incoming SMS on my tablet (which of course would never come), I just waited until it times out.
  • WhatsApp offered me to retry validation from Voice, I clicked that and got incoming call telling me verification code.
  • I entered the verification code and that's it, I got my WhatsApp up and running.

I did it just a few hours ago, could it be because it's the latest version that it is easier? Anyway I just thought I would share with everyone.

Cheers.
  • Blotch likes this

#3 Blotch

Blotch

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 01:50 PM

Thanks Jaya, worked for me on aurora ICS tablet (wifi only) using old sim in old phone :good:;-)