Photo

[GUIDE] Cruz T10x / T301: Rooting, Dalvik Turbo, Removing Bloatware, Gapps & Market & More

• Please log in to reply
517 replies to this topic

#501 bmanzana

bmanzana

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:30 PM

Thats alright now your "playing around" with a linux os so things are going to be very different. Ineed the requested out put of the comands i gave u though

Edited by bmanzana, 09 November 2012 - 02:32 PM.

#502 bbwolf

bbwolf

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:38 PM

is this what your after?
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.2.9200]
© 2012 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\dave>cd C:\SDK

C:\sdk>cd platform-tools

C:\sdk\platform-tools>adb devices
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
List of devices attached
INGENIC108A device

C:\sdk\platform-tools>adb shell
#

# cd/system/bin/
cd/system/bin/
cd/system/bin/: not found
# is
is
is: not found
#

#503 bmanzana

bmanzana

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:15 PM

yes that's part of what i was looking for the return of a # symbol when you "adb shell" means you already have root and don't need to continue with the root commands to push /system/bin/su to /system/bin/sh. the other commands should have been cd (space) /system/bin (enter) then (lowercase) LS not IS this is a list command to show me what you've got in that directory but as i said that's completely unnecessary at this point as you have root what you need to do is make shure you down loaded the .apk package from the bold and underlined section of the quoted text. make sure you either extract the zip file to the same folder that the adb too is in or specify the path to where you extracted them when you attempt to push them to you /system/app folder. then move on to the #push gapps section of the guide(which is also bold and underlined). once that's done head over to http://androtab.info...c/clockworkmod/ get your self a recovery image set up and use that recovery to install the superuser.apk file they suply

Hey all,

I know there's a lot of scattered info on how to improve the Cruz T10x / T301 but I wanted to create a single topic to consolidate all this knowledge.
The guides you find here are for the Android 2.2.1 (froyo) version of the Cruz T301 / Carrefour CT702 AND the Android 2.2.1 (froyo) version of the Cruz T10x.
They are also very easy to use, just copy and paste it into the command prompt and adb will batch process these commands.

If u have the 2.0 version, please update by downloading the latest T301 update from the official site. The T10x froyo update can also be found on the official site.
U will need to put the update.zip on an SD card and boot while holding down the volume up key to start the update (power+volume up gets you into recovery).

I have also uploaded the required tools (apk's and files) that are needed for these guides. Click here to get them
In order for the batch commands to work, you'll need to extract this archive in the android SDK's platform-tools folder.

Let's get started!
First of all, to perform these steps you will the Android SDK platform tools
For this tutorial I'm going to assume the SDK is set up at C:\SDK.
So we open up command prompt and type the following:

cd C:\SDK
cd platform-tools
Now let's make sure our device is connected:
adb devices

Once you get a response, you can go ahead and try out the following guides:

#ROOT DEVICE (credits to zires)
You will need a rooted device for the following steps, so here's how to root the T301:

adb shell mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
adb shell cat /system/bin/sh > /system/bin/su
adb shell chmod 4755 /system/bin/su
adb shell sync
adb reboot

#INSTALL DALVIK TURBO MIPS (T301 only!)
This installs Myriad Dalvik Turbo VM for MIPS which increases the performance of your device.
The version of the Dalvik Turbo VM is 2.2 froyo hard-float.

adb remount
adb push libdvm.so /system/lib/libdvm.so
adb shell rm /data/dalvik-cache/*.dex
adb shell sync
adb reboot

#REMOVE BLOAT
This removes all the bloatware that comes with the device and leaves you with plenty of free space in /system/app which is required for the following step.

adb remount
adb shell rm /system/app/ASTRO_2_5_3-70-foxconn.apk
adb shell rm /system/app/com.anddoes.fancywidget-1.apk
adb shell rm /system/app/com.workpail.inkpad.notepad.notes.apk
adb shell rm /system/app/CruzMarket.apk
adb shell rm /system/app/CruzSync-release-2010-07-10.apk
adb shell rm /system/app/CruzUserGuide.apk
adb shell rm /system/app/DreyeForAndroidTablet.apk
adb shell rm /system/app/ebuddy-android-live-20100720.apk
adb shell rm /system/app/facebook-mobile-v1.1.apk
adb shell rm /system/app/LiveWallpapers.apk
adb shell rm /system/app/LiveWallpapersPicker.apk
adb shell rm /system/app/MobileSudokuFree.apk
adb shell rm /system/app/Napster-Phone-1544-vmicro.apk
adb shell rm /system/app/OfficeSuite_Full_1.5_282.apk
adb shell rm /system/app/Solitaire_1.12.1.apk
adb shell rm /system/app/Term.apk
adb shell rm /system/app/TwidroydFree344-final-rev1.apk
adb shell rm /system/app/UerWallpapers.apk
adb shell sync
adb reboot

#PUSH GAPPS, MARKET & EXTRAS
This will install Google Apps, Market and a couple extra apps that are not available in the market or are required for vending.apk (Android Market) to function correctly.
The included Android Market is the latest version (v3.1.3). YouTube is at version 2.0.26 (newer version caused problems in HQ mode). Here's a list of what's included:
- Android Market 3.1.3
- Google Maps 5.9.0
- Google Books 1.1.4
- Google Talk 1.3
- OI File Manager 1.16
- Facebook 1.6.4
- Twitter 2.1.2
- Spare Parts 2.3.5
- YouTube 2.0.26

Also, the quicksearchbox has been replaced by the default Google Search one.

Be advised, removing bloat is required before installing gapps since you will need some free space in /system/app

[/b]
adb remount
adb push AppWidgetPicker.apk /system/app/AppWidgetPicker.apk
adb push BooksPhone.apk /system/app/Booksphone.apk
adb push Facebook.apk /system/app/Facebook.apk
adb push FileManager.apk /system/app/FileManager.apk
adb push GoogleBackupTransport.apk /system/app/GoogleBackupTransport.apk
adb push GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk /system/app/GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk
adb push GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk /system/app/GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk
adb push GoogleFeedback.apk /system/app/GoogleFeedback.apk
adb push GooglePartnerSetup.apk /system/app/GooglePartnerSetup.apk
adb push GoogleServicesFramework.apk /system/app/GoogleServicesFramework.apk
adb push kickback.apk /system/app/kickback.apk
adb push Maps.apk /system/app/Maps.apk
adb push MediaUploader.apk /system/app/MediaUploader.apk
adb push NetworkLocation.apk /system/app/NetworkLocation.apk
adb push OneTimeInitializer.apk /system/app/OneTimeInitializer.apk
adb push QuickSearchBox.apk /system/app/QuickSearchBox.apk
adb push MarketUpdater.apk /system/app/MarketUpdater.apk
adb push soundback.apk /system/app/soundback.apk
adb push SpareParts.apk /system/app/SpareParts.apk
adb push Talk.apk /system/app/Talk.apk
adb push Twitter.apk /system/app/Twitter.apk
adb push Vending.apk /system/app/Vending.apk
adb push YouTube.apk /system/app/YouTube.apk
adb reboot

Finally, you can leave out a couple of steps when removing bloatware (if u want to keep an app) or when installing the gapps & extras (if u don't want to install every app). However keep in mind that for the Android Market to function properly, some dependent apk's must be installed (like GoogleServicesFramework, Talk, ..).
The following can be skipped without any issues: Twitter, Facebook, Maps, SpareParts, BookPhone (Google Books) and FileManager.

There you go, your device will be ready to go from here on. I do advice to perform a Factory data reset after these steps, just to clean out the system.
To do this, go to Settings -> Privacy -> Factory data reset. This will not reset your system apps, root or dalvik turbo.

#ENABLE WIFI AD-HOC
This will allow your Cruz to connect to WiFi ad-hoc networks (e.g. tethering to phone).
You can find the steps here: (credits to fbelleri)
http://forum.xda-dev...472&postcount=4

Hope this thread helps you all out

ps if anyone has a guide on how to install busybox or maybe other useful stuff, feel free to contact me so I can add it to this post

Edited by bmanzana, 09 November 2012 - 04:21 PM.

#504 bbwolf

bbwolf

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:19 PM

Well, I guess the problem I am having stems from using windows 8, as there is no driver for the usb that will work. So I guess I have an e-reader with no xtra stuff on it.

#505 bmanzana

bmanzana

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:41 PM

or you could download a live cd of ubuntu 10.04 boot it from the disk hit try it set up adb in that environment and then do all of this from there then when you reboot you will go right back to windslows 8 without having to change anything

Edited by bmanzana, 10 November 2012 - 06:41 PM.

#506 RGIII

RGIII

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:02 PM

Hey. Just joining the forum. Reading some of the thread and wanted to give a little input. Ive found that Windows7 is much easier than this new W8 thing. Really dont know if the tweaks have been worked out of it yet.

#507 bbwolf

bbwolf

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:10 PM

or you could download a live cd of ubuntu 10.04 boot it from the disk hit try it set up adb in that environment and then do all of this from there then when you reboot you will go right back to windslows 8 without having to change anything

Ya, I have used Ubuntu a bit before, time to play there again I guess lol

#508 bbwolf

bbwolf

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:24 AM

Ok, after a few days of looking around, and waiting for my Windows 8 64 bit disk to arrive, I all but gave up on this thing.
After booting to a 64 bit system, and seeing that it comes with an adb built in, I thought I would try again.
I reloaded the ADB kit, reloaded the T301 tools, and started again.
1st thing I found was that the adb kit has a 64 bit option. I had to move the sdk files to the root of C:. I then restarted the removing of the old files, and had no problems pushing the new files to the T301.
So far, the only problem I am having is when I try to log in to the market, it locked up. After a reset, it crashed at the first book I tried to DL. I cleared the cash, did a reboot of the tablet. Still not allowing me to get to the DL part of the page. Any ideas. The kindle store works fine.
I also stopped java from running to see if that helped, nope.

Edited by bbwolf, 24 November 2012 - 10:38 AM.

#509 bbwolf

bbwolf

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:14 PM

Ok, I have it working... kinda. Its good enough for the ex-ol lady lol

#510 Skytzo

Skytzo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:43 PM

Hiya all. Looking into rooting a Cruz T301. Thanks for the work. I'll let you guys know how it goes. Lol.

#511 sirtokesalot

sirtokesalot

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:47 PM

the download link is broken the file was removed. is there anywhere els i can download the files?

#512 bmanzana

bmanzana

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:04 PM

I might gave them if I have them on my card when I get home ill try and repost them for you

#513 Living2Serve

Living2Serve

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:24 PM

Everything worked! Just one thing though...

Download link is broken. Can someone re-post the files or email them to me? Would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance

#514 easp

easp

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:16 AM

Where can you get the required tools you mention. The link you have does not function;
Thanks

#515 spcano01

spcano01

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:29 PM

The Huns says he has it, just need a PM here...

My link

Nevermind, someone just reposted a new upload of that file.

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?format=go&key=fe637899102546c859ea28a9bbd34bb5&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.slatedroid.com%2Ftopic%2F52794-rom-feyers-resurrection-alpha-1-feb-6-2013%2F&v=1&libid=1360704592485&out=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.robherc.com%2Fhosted%2FFeyer%2527s%2520Resurrection%2520-%2520A1.zip&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.slatedroid.com%2Findex.php%3F&title=%5BROM%5D%20Feyer's%20Resurrection%20Alpha%201%20%5BFeb%206%202013%5D%20-%20SlateDroid.com&txt=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.robherc.com%2Fhosted%2FFeyer's%2520Resurrection%2520-%2520A1.zip&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13607045980382

Edited by spcano01, 12 February 2013 - 04:30 PM.

#516 mslaxmeter

mslaxmeter

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:26 PM

This topic seems long dead, but I'm wondering if I could get a clearer explanation of how to use dalvik-turbo. Where to download, what to install, how to install, and how to operate / test.
I have some T301 and T103's to sell, and im trying to modify them so theyre not slow pieces of crap. Stock 2.2 installed on all, market, removed bloatware. Im interested in any ROMs available (didnt see any yet), dalvik-turbo (more info?) and Overclocking. Im not going to install CWM though, ive tested and it doesnt install updates properly for me.

#517 heatherob

heatherob

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:12 AM

mslaxmeter-

Please check the "[ROM] Feyer's Resurection A2" thread for the newest & best ROM (imho) currently available for the t301s. Note, however, that installing his unsigned ROMs requires the use of CWM, which you can obtain a good, working (at least for me) copy for the t301 from Steven J Hill's v0.3ROM (also linked in that thread...opening post, I believe).

I'm not 100% sure if Feyerbrand's ROMs include dalvik turbo, or not; but I do know that they're based on the SJH v0.3 kernel, and that it's been trimmed-down to 50% the size of the factory 2.2 kernel (and runs plenty better for the weight loss).

As for overclocking; that's still in the works, but none of us have a stable, overclocking-ready kernel yet (to my knowledge).

#518 Marlvalous30

Marlvalous30

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:14 PM

Hey i got a cruz tablet T301 as a gift and my screen calibration is waaayyy off. It keeps pressing other numbers. Can someone help... Ismy screen over with....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users