Android 2.3.1 custom ROM - rooted with Market

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#41 nht

nht

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 02:47 PM

Looking at specification I think you can but every tablet has something specific. Keep your original ROM as backup. Good idea is use only boot and system.img from my ROM and your original kernel and other parts of ROM.

i can not unpack update.img file how can unpack on windows 7 64 bit

#42 zarko47

zarko47

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 07:09 PM

i can not unpack update.img file how can unpack on windows 7 64 bit

I have Win XP 32 bit and do not have experience with win 7 64 bit. I think it should not be any difference, only you need win 7 64 bit driver. Probably there is some information about that issue in earlier posts on this forum, or someone who has win 7 will answer to your question.

Edited by zarko47, 18 October 2011 - 07:10 PM.

#43 nht

nht

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 08:10 PM

i can see info afptool -info update.img commands but i cant unpack. is command afptool -unpack update.img update\ ?

#44 It_was_me

It_was_me

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 19 October 2011 - 03:57 AM

i can see info afptool -info update.img commands but i cant unpack. is command afptool -unpack update.img update\ ?

That is correct. Only thing I have problems with is the parameter for the location of the extracted files. Play with that a little bit for getting the right location.
Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

#45 DaremoS

DaremoS

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationChile

Posted 19 October 2011 - 09:41 AM

I have Win XP 32 bit and do not have experience with win 7 64 bit. I think it should not be any difference, only you need win 7 64 bit driver. Probably there is some information about that issue in earlier posts on this forum, or someone who has win 7 will answer to your question.

Zarko47 Nice work done with 2.3.1... WIFI is not working really? I mean isn't possible to get a connection. How do you connect with Market?

I know there is a problem between WIFI an rockchipservice.apk... both collide, then you have to choose between WIFI or movies in one ROM.

Kindly check my CM 7.1 for RK2818 (gingerbread 2.3.7) available here My link to XDA. You'll see that WIFI work fine but NO MOVIES.

Again... congratulations for your ROM... and How do you connect with Market?

Edited by DaremoS, 19 October 2011 - 09:43 AM.

#46 zarko47

zarko47

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 06:52 PM

Zarko47 Nice work done with 2.3.1... WIFI is not working really? I mean isn't possible to get a connection. How do you connect with Market?

I know there is a problem between WIFI an rockchipservice.apk... both collide, then you have to choose between WIFI or movies in one ROM.

Kindly check my CM 7.1 for RK2818 (gingerbread 2.3.7) available here My link to XDA. You'll see that WIFI work fine but NO MOVIES.

Again... congratulations for your ROM... and How do you connect with Market?

I do not have any problems with WI-FI or Market. My ROM has only problem with screen orientation in portrait mode. For your tablet may be is necessary to apply Market fix explained several times on this forum (clear Market cache, open Google Framework services and clear data and restart tablet).
Did you try just use boot.img and system.img from my ROM and rest from your original firmware? How tablet behave in that case?

Edited by zarko47, 19 October 2011 - 06:54 PM.

#47 DaremoS

DaremoS

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationChile

Posted 19 October 2011 - 08:51 PM

I do not have any problems with WI-FI or Market. My ROM has only problem with screen orientation in portrait mode. For your tablet may be is necessary to apply Market fix explained several times on this forum (clear Market cache, open Google Framework services and clear data and restart tablet).
Did you try just use boot.img and system.img from my ROM and rest from your original firmware? How tablet behave in that case?

Thanks for your replay... I don't have any problem with Android Market... or Wifi or other function.
Except my ROM can't play videos. In fact my ROM don't accept rockchipservice.apk, know issue of GB above 2.3.3.
Thank again

Edited by DaremoS, 19 October 2011 - 09:12 PM.

#48 zarko47

zarko47

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 09:30 PM

Thanks for your replay... I don't have any problem with Android Market... or Wifi or other function.
Except my ROM can't play videos. In fact my ROM don't accept rockchipservice.apk, know issue of GB above 2.3.3.
Thank again

OK, I will download your ROM and see if we can do anything about that issue. I did not play to much with CM7. I believe that author fun_ could have some solutions.

Edited by zarko47, 19 October 2011 - 09:35 PM.

#49 nht

nht

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 03:28 PM

i just can unpack and i used just system and boot images. Tablet seems rooted i can see all files and superuser installed but if i use root explorer for copy a file to system, i click mount r/w but it doesnt work :S i cant copy wpa_suplicant to system/bin.

#50 qixing

qixing

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 12:13 PM

I just try your rom with my Aoson (M98A) and it bricked !!

Currently i have the trackball turned in green, the screen black and even worse i cannot shutdown the tablet!!!! So i cannot do a rollback to a previous rom!!

Pressing the power button does nothing (same with menu button, esc button and track ball button).
I connected with adb and did a reboot recovery and bootloader and altough it seems a reboot was made (cause the adb logged me off), the screen remains black and the track ball light green.

I Already tried doing:
$> adb shell
# reboot -p (which in teory does a shutdown of the tablet)

then press the trackball button and reconnect the usb, hoping the RKAndroidBatchUpgrade.exe recognize the device (but of course it didnt).
did the same thing pressing the esc button instead of the trackball (cause i saw your firmware didnt recognize trackball button). Also didnt work

Apparently RKAndroidBatchUpgrade.exe it doesn't even recognize the device (nor green box nor violet box)

Extra Info: When i connect the usb windows recognize this new HD with the name "N3N3T".

I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO UNBRICKED!!!
And its making me crazy!!!

I need a way to make RKAndroidBatchUpgrade.exe recognize the device, or another way to reflash the tablet.

PLEASEEEE any help would be appreciate it

Regards

Hi, I think I know how to solve the problem with your pad ,there is a little hole near the sdcard . push a pin into it ,the pad will reboot instantly.

#51 qixing

qixing

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 12:22 PM

I just try your rom with my Aoson (M98A) and it bricked !!

Currently i have the trackball turned in green, the screen black and even worse i cannot shutdown the tablet!!!! So i cannot do a rollback to a previous rom!!

Pressing the power button does nothing (same with menu button, esc button and track ball button).
I connected with adb and did a reboot recovery and bootloader and altough it seems a reboot was made (cause the adb logged me off), the screen remains black and the track ball light green.

I Already tried doing:
{:content:}gt; adb shell
# reboot -p (which in teory does a shutdown of the tablet)

then press the trackball button and reconnect the usb, hoping the RKAndroidBatchUpgrade.exe recognize the device (but of course it didnt).
did the same thing pressing the esc button instead of the trackball (cause i saw your firmware didnt recognize trackball button). Also didnt work

Apparently RKAndroidBatchUpgrade.exe it doesn't even recognize the device (nor green box nor violet box)

Extra Info: When i connect the usb windows recognize this new HD with the name "N3N3T".

I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO UNBRICKED!!!
And its making me crazy!!!

I need a way to make RKAndroidBatchUpgrade.exe recognize the device, or another way to reflash the tablet.

PLEASEEEE any help would be appreciate it

Regards

Hi,I may need your help now ,I failed tring an android 2.2 rom with my aoson m98a .the problem comes when I deleted the previous rom carelessly.
So ,I would appreciate you if you send the initial rom. Thanks!

#52 zarko47

zarko47

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 10:40 PM

i just can unpack and i used just system and boot images. Tablet seems rooted i can see all files and superuser installed but if i use root explorer for copy a file to system, i click mount r/w but it doesnt work :S i cant copy wpa_suplicant to system/bin.

If you use system.img from my custom ROM you do not need copy wpa_suplicant to system/bin. It should be already there. It is true, system is still read only and for further customization you need some ROM and system.img unpacking tool as NewTuxFlash.exe.

#53 Manson

Manson

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 05:24 AM

HI!
I have several questions, with a custom ROM for my 2818:
First one, how can I add an app in my custom firmware . I added app in system.img \ app\
But it doesn’t appeared in my menu when I booted. When I did my custom ROM rooted I added superuser.apk in system.img \app\ and in \bin\ “SU ” but I downloaded it with this “SU”. So what i have to do to if I downloaded jast *.apk
I use newtuxflashtools.
The second one is: how can I customize my desktop? I mean when I booted I want to see app widgets on my desktop in that order as I want.
And should I change something in boot.img?

#54 perichel

perichel

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 24 October 2011 - 07:21 AM

HI!
I have several questions, with a custom ROM for my 2818:
First one, how can I add an app in my custom firmware . I added app in system.img \ app\
But it doesn’t appeared in my menu when I booted. When I did my custom ROM rooted I added superuser.apk in system.img \app\ and in \bin\ “SU ” but I downloaded it with this “SU”. So what i have to do to if I downloaded jast *.apk
I use newtuxflashtools.
The second one is: how can I customize my desktop? I mean when I booted I want to see app widgets on my desktop in that order as I want.
And should I change something in boot.img?

Hello Manson,

You must put the apps in system.img file in /apps folder.

Look the attached pictures to view how to put the file rights in /apps and in /bin folders.

SuperUser.apk must be in /app folder. User and Group attributes must be "0" and "0" and permissions should be all for user, and read only for Group and Other (look in properies picture)

"su" and busybox must be in /bin folder. User and Group attributes for "su" must be "0" and "0" and permissions should be all for user, and read only for Group and Other (look in properies picture)

Be careful because the User and Group UID numbers for the rest of apps in /app and file commands in /bin should be diferent to "0" and "0" can be different in you ROM.

You can get user and group UID numbers looking in /data/apps.

I can onlu attach 2 images, next post you will see more ;-)

Attached Files

Edited by perichel, 24 October 2011 - 07:35 AM.

Perichel
Woxter PC97 IPS Allwinner A10 9,7" user. "Because learning is fun"

Woxter PC97 IPS (Allwinner A10 9,7") clon of Momo 11 bird. Digma Rom and AOKP 4.1.2

Old stuff: Original ROMS for I-Joy Spirit 7", RkCooking: fast and dirty RK2818 kitchen utility for windows. Froyo rooted ROM for I-Joy Spirit 7" and compatible tablets, like M98A, standard and lite roms, spanish and english versions. Unofficial CyanogenMod7 (my beta 3) for I-Joy Spirit 7" and compatible tablets, like M98A, just experimental, no HD video...
Help recovering bricked I-Joy Spirit 7" and M98A compatible tablets.

#55 perichel

perichel

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 24 October 2011 - 07:39 AM

Hello Manson,

You must put the apps in system.img file in /apps folder.

Look the attached pictures to view how to put the file rights in /apps and in /bin folders.

SuperUser.apk must be in /app folder. User and Group attributes must be "0" and "0" and permissions should be all for user, and read only for Group and Other (look in properies picture)

"su" and busybox must be in /bin folder. User and Group attributes for "su" must be "0" and "0" and permissions should be all for user, and read only for Group and Other (look in properies picture)

Be careful because the User and Group UID numbers for the rest of apps in /app and file commands in /bin should be diferent to "0" and "0" can be different in you ROM.

You can get user and group UID numbers looking in /data/apps.

I can onlu attach 2 images, next post you will see more ;-)

Here you can see one image more.

Attached Files

Edited by perichel, 24 October 2011 - 07:49 AM.

Perichel

Woxter PC97 IPS (Allwinner A10 9,7") clon of Momo 11 bird. Digma Rom and AOKP 4.1.2

Old stuff: Original ROMS for I-Joy Spirit 7", RkCooking: fast and dirty RK2818 kitchen utility for windows. Froyo rooted ROM for I-Joy Spirit 7" and compatible tablets, like M98A, standard and lite roms, spanish and english versions. Unofficial CyanogenMod7 (my beta 3) for I-Joy Spirit 7" and compatible tablets, like M98A, just experimental, no HD video...

#56 DaremoS

DaremoS

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationChile

Posted 24 October 2011 - 09:54 AM

Here you can see one image more.

Awesome Perichel!!!...

We know all this tricks, but sharing with others you are creating new Modders... which is pretty good IMHO.

In other topic,I have a question for you: Zarko47 (our OP) have a RK2818-7" (M6xxxx) y have almost the same machine RK2818-7" (verne).
When I load hie ROM nothing is display (different display configuration). Using my kernel display is OK, ROM works as expected (this is normal).
but... different kernels make my machine lose some features, one very important: WIFI.
In zarkos47's device GB.2.3.1 wifi work great, in my device WIFI get not connected (signal out of range).
What do you think about this situation?...

Thanks in advances for your time.

PD: si prefieres hablamos español

Edited by DaremoS, 24 October 2011 - 09:55 AM.

#57 perichel

perichel

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 24 October 2011 - 11:04 AM

Awesome Perichel!!!...

We know all this tricks, but sharing with others you are creating new Modders... which is pretty good IMHO.

In other topic,I have a question for you: Zarko47 (our OP) have a RK2818-7" (M6xxxx) y have almost the same machine RK2818-7" (verne).
When I load hie ROM nothing is display (different display configuration). Using my kernel display is OK, ROM works as expected (this is normal).
but... different kernels make my machine lose some features, one very important: WIFI.
In zarkos47's device GB.2.3.1 wifi work great, in my device WIFI get not connected (signal out of range).
What do you think about this situation?...

Thanks in advances for your time.

PD: si prefieres hablamos español

Hello Daremos,

I readed a lot of post from you in ForoTablets ;-)

I have one idea, test to put the file "wlan.ko" from your working rom to the target rom. The folder is "lib/modules" in system.img.

There are some files for wifi as wpasupplicant.... but they are parameters...

I think "wlan.ko" is a kernel module, if you change the kernel, you should change the module(s) too!!!

I'm very glad to see you here!!

Perichel

#58 fun_

fun_

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 08:15 PM

I have one idea, test to put the file "wlan.ko" from your working rom to the target rom. The folder is "lib/modules" in system.img.

There are some files for wifi as wpasupplicant.... but they are parameters...

I think "wlan.ko" is a kernel module, if you change the kernel, you should change the module(s) too!!!

wlan.ko is kernel module, but it's just a wrapper to control in-kernel actual wifi driver.

in rk2818 tablets, some kind of wifi chip are used (at lease marvell, atheros, realtek, and probably broadcom). chip specific wifi driver is exist in kernel. wlan.ko just kick it. so same wlan.ko is used in many roms for rk2818 tablets.

what is different is, wpa_supplicant. in general android world, to talk in-kernel driver, special method was added to wifi driver. some wifi driver support it, so some wpa_supplicant uses it. some other wifi driver doesn't support it, so some other wpa_supplicant uses another method.

I think N3NET has driver/wpa_supplicant which uses android special method. if wifi chip/driver can use android special method, you can use wpa_supplicant in N3NET 2.3 ROM. otherwise, you need to replace wpa_supplicant.

EDIT:
wpa_supplicant for "another method" will work on tablet which supports "android special method". wpa_supplicant on my CM7 uses "another method" (because it's needed for my ONN N2), but no one claim about wifi yet :)

EDIT2:
actually I don't know well about n3net 2.3.1 rom. I tried it only few hours, what I know is about wlan.ko, about difference between drivers and between wpa_supplicant, but I'm not sure which wpa_supplicant will work on your tablet.

Edited by fun_, 24 October 2011 - 09:01 PM.

http://androtab.info/

#59 Manson

Manson

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 04:51 AM

Thank you Perichel!!!
with superuser it's ok! but i want to add root explorer, but i don't see it whet i booted that ROM with Root expl. in it. i changed several User and Group attributes numbers...

and how can i do that when i first time boot i coud see that widgets on desktop that i want/ what should i do for this?

#60 perichel

perichel

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 25 October 2011 - 09:15 AM

Thank you Perichel!!!
with superuser it's ok! but i want to add root explorer, but i don't see it whet i booted that ROM with Root expl. in it. i changed several User and Group attributes numbers...

and how can i do that when i first time boot i coud see that widgets on desktop that i want/ what should i do for this?

Hi Manson,

If you want to add Root Explorer with Newtuxflashtools, just copy and paste the apk file in system.img in /apps folder.
The rights should be the same of rest of applications because is another standard app . SuperUser is the exception, because need Superuser user UID and Group.
If the app you need to add is a widget the process is the same.

Beware some apps don't work when placed in /system/apps.

I don't know how to customize the desktop to show icons and widgets on initial boot.

Edited by perichel, 25 October 2011 - 09:18 AM.

Perichel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users