lefeudedieu

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 664 posts
  • LocationToulouse

Posted 21 August 2011 - 10:52 AM

Hello,

I just ordered this model in white :

Wopad i7 Android 2.3 Tablet PC 7 Inch Screen Capacitive Touch Points 5 Rockchip 2918 4GB Silver.

Posted Image

7 "Capacitive Multi-touch Screen
:

Android 2.3

512 RAM, 4GB HDD
CPU: Cortex A8, 1.2 GMHz
Capacitive 7 "touchscreen 5 point
Flash 10.3 support
Support HDMI (1080P)
24 hour standby time
Built-in Camera

Model:

i7

Surface boad: 7 inch metal surfaces
CPU: Rockchip 2918 ARM Cortex-A8

Storage: 4GB/8GB/16GB/32GB for option, FLASH, SD / MMC / TF Card: Up to 32GB

Memory: 512M DDR3

USB: USB HOST, MINI USB, HDMI, TF card
LCD: 7 inch Capacitive Touch Screen (five points), resolution 800 * 600
Camera: 30W
TV out: HDMI (1080P), Flash10.3
Network: WiFi (IEEE 802.11b / g)
G-Sensor: Support
Audio: 1W x 2 stereo speaker Earphone jack
Battery: 3400mAh
Power Jack: 5V/2A power adapter (100 ~ 240V input)
Weight: 380g

SPEC Software

Operating System: Android 2.3
SW online: QQ, MSN, Skype, etc..
3D game: Various Support 3D games, G-Sensor
Office tools: PDF / Word / Excel / Powerpoint
Video: 1080p HD video, MPEG4/H.264/H.263/VC1 (WMV9) / AVI / MKV, etc. RMVB/RM/3GP
Audio: MP3/WMA/WAV/AAC/AAC +
Image viewer: JPEG / PNG / BMP / GIF
Email: send / receive email online
Flash: Adobe Flash10.3
input: Fran├žais / Chinese input tools
Language: Multilateral

Test the system on Quadrant, it gets 1312 and ranks number 2

Posted Image

I would make a general description of its capabilities after receipt (7/10 days)

I am looking for utilities to extract the firmware, thank :clapping:

Edited by lefeudedieu, 28 August 2011 - 08:50 AM.

Htc DREAM : FroYo Relax
EKEN M001 : SlateDroid Steel v2
APAD IROBOT 7 "M" : Eclair 2.1
Rocktab : Xperia 1.5 HS
Wopad M7001 : Relax 2.1
Wopad i7 : Gingerbread Update v1.0
ZT280 C91 : FroYo Relax v1.0
Asus Transformer : Revolver 3.9.3

#2 lordsbm

lordsbm

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 10:25 PM

I'm interested in this tablet too, the price and on specs it makes it seems like a worthwhile buy.

Please comment on the wifi connection and 1080p mkv playback. Will look forword to your review. Thanks :)

#3 kevinw

kevinw

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 02:11 AM

Yes, please post your review.

I've evaluated many different Rockchip 2918 models, though not this one in particular, and have generally had good experiences. Fast, good video, stable, what's not to like? The biggest differences between the models is usually the touchscreen, button layout, and software installation.

Kevin Warne
Director of Software Development
X10 Wirelss Technology, Inc.

#4 lefeudedieu

lefeudedieu

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 664 posts
  • LocationToulouse

Posted 25 August 2011 - 08:15 AM

Hi,

As already mentioned, I expect the reception of the i7 to make you a full return on its carry operation.

The delivery time is 10 days maximun.

I am looking for a tool to extract the firmware RK2918, you know, please?

See you soon ;)

Edited by lefeudedieu, 25 August 2011 - 08:17 AM.

#5 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 25 August 2011 - 10:21 AM

My Primary supplier just started carrying these devices. I just ordered one to try out. If I like it, I am going to start selling it in my store :). The price is fantastic. I should be able to sell them for EDIT:$180 $189 and include DHL shipping in the price :). That is, barring that they check out and are a decent device...

I was going to sell an 8" RK2918 device but after using it for a few weeks I decided it wasn't up to snuff. It was very nice but was too expensive for what it was. Furthermore, internet browsing was not as smooth as my A9 but I think this might have been because of the high-resolution. This device has a much lower-resolution so I am hoping that overall operations and internet are a bit more snappy.

Anyhow, I am really excited to get one. I already have some tools to work with the RK2918 firmware. The one thing I CAN'T do is extract firmware FROM a device. However, if I have firmware files, I am very familiar with opening them up and modifying them and repackaging them and flashing them back to the tablet. I will be happy to help with this once I get my device.

The other thing that drove me crazy about my other device was short battery life. My supplier is telling me that this unit should get 6 hours of use on Wi-Fi and/or 24-hours of standby. If that is the case, it will do MUCH better than my old RK2918 if not as well as my A9 (I have a RENA3)

It would be nice if we could have a new forum created for this device if we start getting a lot of people in here discussing.

I had thrown in the towel with this chipset before but I have decided to give it a second go. It has strong 3D performance and excellent media performance. I don't discount those things. If the rest of android is more snappy on the smaller screen, I will be pretty happy and I think I will have a new device to sell.

-Roman

http://topnotchtablets.com

Edited by Roman2025, 02 September 2011 - 11:45 PM.

www. Rockchip Firmware.com - Firmware Development Tutorials and Image Repository for all things Rockchip! - "Dedicated to getting new devs started and to helping end-users get the firmware and tools they need to manage their Rockchip based devices!"

www. Top Notch Tablets .com - U.S. Based Android Tablet Reseller - "We like to think we are really good at what we do; so far our customers, and the larger android community, have reinforced this belief. Thanks!"

People have asked (thank you btw) so here it is... If you would like to monetarily say thanks and continue supporting me in my firmware development efforts, you can donate by clicking here: Posted ImageTO MY FIRMWARE DEVELOPMENT FUND

"Money is a tool of exchange, which can't exist unless there are goods produced and men able to produce them. Money is the material shape of the principle that men who wish to deal with one another must deal by trade and give value for value."
-Ayn Rand

#6 lefeudedieu

lefeudedieu

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 664 posts
  • LocationToulouse

Posted 26 August 2011 - 02:52 AM

HI,

if someone has a link to get the original firmware, I could start working on it.

Thank you in advance

(I'm sorry for my bad english)

Lfd

Edited by lefeudedieu, 02 September 2011 - 06:11 PM.

#7 lordsbm

lordsbm

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 03:10 AM

On US end, the rom should be released at http://www.wopadusa.com/

The official China company website is http://www.szirobot.com/

I'm interested as there's not many tablets running on RK2918 that offers 5 points multi-touch at such cheap prices.

There's one brand that's really cheap with 2 points multi-touch just released in China. Top Tpad 701 (<US$100) & 801pro (<US$130). However, their previous A9 7" tablet with resistive screen seems to be using very low quality screen.

#8 lefeudedieu

lefeudedieu

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 664 posts
  • LocationToulouse

Posted 26 August 2011 - 05:33 AM

Hi Lordsbm ,

thank you for these links, but the i7 we are on Android 2.3.

This is the version I'm looking Gingerbread while waiting for my WOPAD.

#9 kevinw

kevinw

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 06:18 PM

Hi Lordsbm ,

thank you for these links, but the i7 we are on Android 2.3.

This is the version I'm looking Gingerbread while waiting for my WOPAD.

Check out http://www.x10.com/p...oid_tablet.html

Rockchip 2918 w 5 point touch, $199, US company. We released this Wednesday.

I'll start a new topic so as to not hijack this one.

#10 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 28 August 2011 - 11:51 PM

On US end, the rom should be released at http://www.wopadusa.com/

The official China company website is http://www.szirobot.com/

I'm interested as there's not many tablets running on RK2918 that offers 5 points multi-touch at such cheap prices.

There's one brand that's really cheap with 2 points multi-touch just released in China. Top Tpad 701 (<US$100) & 801pro (<US$130). However, their previous A9 7" tablet with resistive screen seems to be using very low quality screen.

Oi' I have found that you often get what you pay for :(... and that is especially true with tablets under the $200 mark. You can find some good ones but it is like finding "diamonds in the rough." Be careful when you get down into the ultra-low price range (sub $150) usually the battery is tiny, the build quality is awful, and the firmware is very very buggy. If you end up with a device that uses some odd part then you can't just swap out the firmware with ease but have to rely on the manufacturer... not cool.

Anyhow, I am encouraged to see a community forming around the i7 so quickly. I think my device is going to show up tomorrow. I will try to push out some pictures and perhaps even a quick video review if possible. It looks like this device uses the same body style as the first Wopad. Does anyone know how difficult it is to crack open the case and take a peek at the internals?

Cheers,

Roman

www. Rockchip Firmware.com - Firmware Development Tutorials and Image Repository for all things Rockchip! - "Dedicated to getting new devs started and to helping end-users get the firmware and tools they need to manage their Rockchip based devices!"

www. Top Notch Tablets .com - U.S. Based Android Tablet Reseller - "We like to think we are really good at what we do; so far our customers, and the larger android community, have reinforced this belief. Thanks!"

People have asked (thank you btw) so here it is... If you would like to monetarily say thanks and continue supporting me in my firmware development efforts, you can donate by clicking here: Posted ImageTO MY FIRMWARE DEVELOPMENT FUND

"Money is a tool of exchange, which can't exist unless there are goods produced and men able to produce them. Money is the material shape of the principle that men who wish to deal with one another must deal by trade and give value for value."
-Ayn Rand

#11 lordsbm

lordsbm

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 08:38 AM

Oi' I have found that you often get what you pay for :(... and that is especially true with tablets under the $200 mark. You can find some good ones but it is like finding "diamonds in the rough." Be careful when you get down into the ultra-low price range (sub $150) usually the battery is tiny, the build quality is awful, and the firmware is very very buggy. If you end up with a device that uses some odd part then you can't just swap out the firmware with ease but have to rely on the manufacturer... not cool.

Anyhow, I am encouraged to see a community forming around the i7 so quickly. I think my device is going to show up tomorrow. I will try to push out some pictures and perhaps even a quick video review if possible. It looks like this device uses the same body style as the first Wopad. Does anyone know how difficult it is to crack open the case and take a peek at the internals?

Cheers,

Roman

Actually The prices of Cube U9GT have also reduced in China. It seems that most RK2918 tablets will soon be below US$200 (by International resellers). Which is good :)

Look forward to wopad i7 review^^ I requested from pandawill a week ago, they said they'll do it in a few days. But they didn't do it when I checked yesterday :(

#12 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 29 August 2011 - 04:19 PM

Okay, I just got my WoPad device via DHL about 30 minutes ago... My supplier is wicked fast. I ordered on Thursday night and I got today on Monday :). here is a quick rundown on my impressions of everything thus far...

Packaging - Nice... looks professional :), sweet color graphics on the box. Although the picture of the tablet on the top of the box is a different device lol... Overall a plus though.

Accessories - Headphones SUCK! (big surprise... or not... I didn't have any expectations anyhow...) They include a screen protector (and not the crappy pre-installed one, but a separate apply-it-yourself screen protector... this is a plus... of course I haven't tried using it yet :)... Power Adapter... cheap but I am sure it will work. At least it is probably easy to replace :)... USB cable is your standard fare...

Device - So far I am fairly impressed...
Each out of 5 stars...

Physical - 3.0 Stars
It is a little bit bigger than the RENA3 all around. Same width, slightly thicker (although I will comment on this in a moment), slightly taller. Despite being a little bit thicker than the RENA3, it actually feels thinner in the hand because of the shape of the device. This is a plus. Also, the back IS NOT PLASTIC... At least it sure doesn't feel like plastic. It is extremely rigid and it isn't glossy. This is a HUGE plus and the main reason it earns 3 of its 3 stars on the physical... Speaker placement is good, hands don't block them when holding the device and the mesh grilles look nice.

a. I/O (input output) Full Size USB port... another BIG plus. No stupid adapter needed to plug in a mouse or keyboard or hub. Just a standard size USB :)... It also has a Micro-USB port to connect the device to a pc... Power Connector... Headphone jack... Micro-HDMI out.... MicoSD card slot. I/O looks a "little" bit cheap. For example, the Full size USB port doesn't match up "exactly" with the outside of the case. I am nitpicking a bit but it is noticeable. However, it is important that I note that it doesn't hinder its function. Also, HDMI-out works, almost perfectly (except the screen on the device goes black but HDMI-out works really well) and this is a HUGE plus in that it seems the manufacturer actually put time into the firmware! Amazing... My only problem is that the connection doesn't feel very secure and if if the cable isn't placed into the device "just so" then the colors on the screen it is outputting to go awry. Overall, the HDMI "loose connection" issue AND the I/O ports looking just a little bit off... I dock half a star...

b. Buttons - Across the top - Power, Menu, Back... I would knock a partial star off for NOT having physical volume keys but I am already docking enough points in the next section and some would argue that physical volume keys are a personal preference. Anyhow, I wish they were there, but they aren't. I also wish the back button was on the front face like pretty much every other android device. It is annoying in that it is on the top edge but, oh well. The buttons all "feel" good and are fairly solid. I think I will eventually get used to the placement of the back button and it won't be that big of a deal. This setup IS probably preferable to the UBER sensitive capacitive buttons on the front of the RENA3.

c. Overall Build Quality - Here is why it isn't a 4.5-star... The front face of the device doesn't feel extremely "secure" with the back aluminum shell. It feel just a tiny tiny bit loose. So, slightly cheap feel on the front... If I "try" to "bend" the device the front face will start to come up at one of the corners... Not COOL... I should note that this only happens if you are actually trying to bend the device... but it isn't taking much pressure. I worry that if I were to say... drop the device from 2 or 3 feet up (like off of my kitchen table) and a corner of it hit the ground that the front face would "pop out" I am only docking 1.5 stars for this as the device overall looks and feels good... But it is obvious that build quality could have been a little bit better... perhaps super glue or stronger plastic snaps would have helped? But then it is probably easy to get into so that might be a plus for the hacking community.

Performance - WOOT! 5 Stars - First thing I noticed... Decently QUICK boot-up. Like 25 - 40 seconds max. WAY BETTER than the 90 seconds on my previous RK2918 device. This is a HUGE positive as it makes the device much more usable all around. Touchscreen response is EXCELLENT. Easily as good as the RENA3. The Android UI is ridiculously smooth. I haven't had much time to test internet browsing yet but I have high hopes based on the phenomenal UI experience. This is what I expected from the first RK2918 device I had but it just didn't quite deliver... I did try out heavy gunner. (I ran into an odd issue with the keyboard where the "enter" key disappeared and was replaced by a smiley key... this kept me from getting into heavy gunner which also has the poor design of requiring you to enter a name into a box that has no "okay" button under it to confirm. So without an enter key on my keyboard and without an okay key in the game I was literraly stuck and had to force a device reboot lol, I replaced the built-in keyboard and this fixed the issue) Heavy Gunner is PHENOMENAL on this device. It is fast, responsive and the graphics look great. I will discuss this further in another section. I *might have to lower this slightly after playing with web browsing some more. That was a BIG complaint I had against the other RK2918 device. Web browsing was NOT as smooth as it could be. This was web page loading speeds AND scrolling/pinch-to-zoom. I haven't used this device enough yet to say yay or nay yet though. The one or two pages that I did look at felt better than how things were on my last RK2918 device but they did not feel as smooth as the RENA3.

...............More to come ---> I am tired of typing and I am waiting on the device to charge up ----> Getting a feel for battery life is going to be important -----> so far I am pretty happy though and this device is probably going to be on my digital shelves at TopNotchTablets in the very near future (as long as battery life checks out...)-------> Did I mention it charges via the micro-USB port!!! Heck yes! That is also another huge plus :).........................

Cheers,

Roman

Edited by Roman2025, 29 August 2011 - 04:21 PM.

-Ayn Rand

#13 lordsbm

lordsbm

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 07:09 PM

Thanks Roman for part 1 of the review :) Sounds like a good start, look forward to part 2 of your review :) Please also comment on the wifi if possible. Thanks.

#14 androidlove

androidlove

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 12:51 AM

So detailed review. That is helpful for people who tend to buy this wopad i7. Look forward to your part 2 review too.

#15 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 30 August 2011 - 09:40 AM

PART II:

WiFi - 5 Stars - Stable, Strong Signal

WiFi has been pretty good today. To clarify it is WiFi "N" not just "G". It says this explicitly on the back of the device. This is really good news as I run an "N - Only" network at my house. I was thinking I was going to have to slow the whole network down by changing back to mixed mode while I tested this device. Very nice surprise. It connected quickly with my Network. I think I get almost exactly the same signal strength and distance as the RENA3, which I have always considered decent. I live in a 2 bedroom apartment though, so other folk's use may vary. The real test is if I can sit outside and still get a signal. Which I can. It is feint, but it stays connected and I can skim the internet. I know this is all very subjective but I think I can say with a fair bit of assurance that most people won't be disappointed by the WiFi.

Stability/Bugs - Ongoing testing - 4.5 Stars

Also.. I am impressed by the fact that this thing has been ROCK SOLID STABLE. No crashes, no hangs when waking up from sleep. Today is going to be my first full day of use with it. So far I have used Google Reader (which has a bug that screw up the lettering in article previews, this is specific to this tablet as I do NOT have this issue on the RENA3) and I have played a game. The bug with google reader is annoying to say the least and it makes me wonder about other apps. The built-in Android keyboard not having an "enter" key in some circumstances was NOT GOOD. I am not using the built-in keyboard anymore. For the time, I am docking a half-star for all of this. The WoPad people however should really be commended. It is so rare for a new China Tab device to be so stable and to work so well. For comparison, the RENA3 is still really a "3.5star" device in this area. Overall the RENA3 is stable, but it still freezes on occassion or it can't be brought out of sleep. This is rare, but it still happens enough to be bothersome. I haven't gotten any indication that I will have those kinds of issues with this device. The RENA3 has come a long way though, it was probably more like a 2.5 Star device at release on my "subjective scale of how I feel about things" :)

Boot times were MUCH slower today. Like around 70 Seconds. This is very noticeable when put next to the RENA3 which boots in roughly 20 seconds. I hit the power buttons on both at the same time, the RENA3 boots much faster. I am not sure why the increase in boot times? Perhaps because I have added an 8gb SD card and installed some apps? This also is why i am docking half a star.

Part III to come soon...

Cheers,

Roman

-Ayn Rand

#16 lordsbm

lordsbm

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 09:59 AM

Thanks for testing the wifi :) Look forward to your part 3.

#17 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 30 August 2011 - 08:58 PM

Part III

Battery Life - 3.5 Stars

I used the WoPad I7 all day today, on and off throughout the day. I can't seem to find a definite answer on the actual battery size (I have seen everything from 2800mAh to 3400mAh) and my wife has already informed me that, unlike the last device I had (the RENA3) I am not allowed to open this one up. :) Apparently the RENA3 doesn't feel as "sturdy" as it did before I took a peek inside. Anyhow, I used the device "light" throughout the day and I got 8 hours out of it before I finally plugged it in. I think I could have pulled another half hour out of it doing like internet browsing before it would have completely died. Stuff I did... I probably played a couple of different games (mostly 3D... Jet Car Stunts) for about an hour to an hour and a half today. I also watched a NetFlix TV show for 45 minutes. I browsed the internet and answered emails probably a total of 2 hours. So About 4 - 5 hours of differing use would be my guess with 3 hours of sleep spread out between. The backlight was on the "middle" level of brightness (using the power control widget) most of the time and high brightness for short periods. The backlight brightness seemed to make the biggest difference on how fast it went through the battery.

Compare this to the RENA3 - I can do all of this same activity and STILL have 40 - 50% of my battery. So I would say at worst it gets half the battery life of my RENA3 and at best it gets about 2/3 of the life my RENA3 gets. Now, it might be more efficient than the RENA3 at specific things like video playback, but I really can't speak to this as I haven't done a side-by-side comparison of just straight video playback to see which device will last longer.

Overall, I am pretty happy with the device's battery life. I think it is still significantly better than the majority of devices out there. Especially things like the Herotab C9 that only get like 3... YES 3!?! hours of battery life. What is the point of even having a tablet that has to be plugged in all the time? Anyhow... forgive my rant lol.

I will report back after a week of use to see if the battery holds its longevity. If it maintains the majority of its battery life after several charge/discharge cycles I think this item will definitely end up on my digital store shelves. I have been absolutely thrilled in the sense that I don't think there is a single other device that you can get for $180 - $190 total cost that provides this kind of value.

Part IV of this review to come soon :)

Cheers,

Roman

Edited by Roman2025, 02 September 2011 - 10:56 PM.

-Ayn Rand

#18 Nickos-V

Nickos-V

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 12:01 AM

Yes the Wopad i7 sounds like a good tablet choice for a 7 incher. There is also Wopad i8 which is the 8 inch model.

I hope you test out the battery more during the week. I was hoping it would do 6-7 hours of use to really set it apart.

Found internals for Wopad i8. It uses 2 x 1850 = 3700 mAh (pictures) but for i7 they say 3000 mAh (no pictures to confirm).
http://www.electroni...ssemble-review/

To get the real battery size it is best to find the manufacturer website and check the specs. They have to tell the truth. I am not sure who makes this tablet so cannot do it myself.

*MINIX NEO X5 (RK3066) - OK. Not fun because uses mouse cursor.
*YUANDAO N80 DUAL (RK3066) - Very good
*CUBE U30GT (RK3066)- Defective; buttons broke in 2-3 weeks; Bad quality control!!! I will never buy a Cube again!!! - Very good while working
*WOPAD I7 (RK2918)- About OK. Sluggish because has weaker ARM chip (RK2918) & less RAM (512 MB).

#19 Nickos-V

Nickos-V

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 12:18 AM

I looked at Wopad's USA site. They say 3400 mAh for i7 & 4400 mAh for i8.
http://www.wopadusa....wopad-wopad-i7/
http://www.wopadusa....pad-8-wopad-i8/

Not sure what to believe since the previous link I gave showed pictures of the i8 with 3700 mAh battery. Very confusing.

Also, the i7 info states 5V charger so battery runs 3.7v & the i8 has 9V charger so battery will run @ 7.4 volts. Too bad the i8 will have worse battery runtime because using higher voltage to run.

*MINIX NEO X5 (RK3066) - OK. Not fun because uses mouse cursor.
*YUANDAO N80 DUAL (RK3066) - Very good
*CUBE U30GT (RK3066)- Defective; buttons broke in 2-3 weeks; Bad quality control!!! I will never buy a Cube again!!! - Very good while working
*WOPAD I7 (RK2918)- About OK. Sluggish because has weaker ARM chip (RK2918) & less RAM (512 MB).

#20 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 31 August 2011 - 11:16 AM

I looked at Wopad's USA site. They say 3400 mAh for i7 & 4400 mAh for i8.
http://www.wopadusa....wopad-wopad-i7/
http://www.wopadusa....pad-8-wopad-i8/

Not sure what to believe since the previous link I gave showed pictures of the i8 with 3700 mAh battery. Very confusing.

Also, the i7 info states 5V charger so battery runs 3.7v & the i8 has 9V charger so battery will run @ 7.4 volts. Too bad the i8 will have worse battery runtime because using higher voltage to run.

Manufacturers are not always accurate... even with their own devices... I have no idea why this happens lol that is why the only way to confirm is to just open up the device and look.

ALSO... 28 hours of being turned on so far... no crashes. Pretty impressive. It has been charged during this time period but the fact that I haven't had to reset it yet is very impressive...

-Ayn Rand