Unable to build CM due to kernel.org still being down from being hacked a few weeks ago, in the meantime have a look at this post for more gingerbread goodness: http://www.slatedroi...post__p__235998
Have no illusions, before going any further be warned that this is still very much a work in progress! Google Apps may not be working as expected.
Introducing CyanogenMod 7.1 For Hannspad
CyanogenMod 7.1 is based on android version 2.3.5 (latest Gingerbread), it also includes a "Tablet Tweaks" section in its settings, allowing you to change things from status bar behaviour and position, as well as where or if soft buttons on the status bar appear.
Before we proceed, I'd like to thank Slatedroid member and newly-found kernel dev ab73 for making this release possible and with as many features as it can have
The custom (non-official CM) kernel this rom uses is fairly regularly updated to the point where making a new release for every kernel would be more trouble than it's worth - to that end the latest version of ab73's kernel can always be found HERE along with known issues. To install kernel updates just move them to your SD card and flash via CWM as described for installing roms.
Changes from stock CM 7.1
- mount of internal sdcard changed in vold.fstab to /sdcard, sdcard2 changed to /emmc
- DSPManager.apk removed temporarily due to force close issue
- First full AOSP rom for the Hannspad!
- Runs on ab73's modified version of pershoot's CM kernel!
- Full Accelerometer and Soft Touch button support thanks to ab73!
- Overclockable (download setcpu)!
- CM7 has "Tablet Tweaks" in settings, enabling you to do what you like with the task bar
- Google Apps may or may not be installing correctly, further investigation needed
- WiFi signal may not be full strength
- Build is from a1002 repo, when the kernel gets updated (in CM repo) this should be changed to a1011
- build.prop is incorrect for our device
This list will be kept up-to-date as issues are reported!
Assuming you have CWM installed;
1. Mount storage and copy the zip to the root
2. Reboot into CWM
3. Make a backup of your current install
4. Wipe data/factory reset
5. Install zip from sdcard
6. Choose zip from sdcard, select update-cm-7.1.0-RC1-hannspad-KANG-081711.zip
7. Wait patiently, then reboot.
CM7.1 Hannspad download
Google Apps - install using same steps as for full rom
Download Google Apps
Link to developers thread
This post has been edited by alpha232: 11 September 2011 - 04:20 PM