159 replies to this topic

#1 alpha232

alpha232

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 05:58 PM

Small update on where it's at just now
Unable to build CM due to kernel.org still being down from being hacked a few weeks ago, in the meantime have a look at this post for more gingerbread goodness: http://www.slatedroi...post__p__235998

Have no illusions, before going any further be warned that this is still very much a work in progress! Google Apps may not be working as expected.

Introducing CyanogenMod 7.1 For Hannspad

CyanogenMod 7.1 is based on android version 2.3.5 (latest Gingerbread), it also includes a "Tablet Tweaks" section in its settings, allowing you to change things from status bar behaviour and position, as well as where or if soft buttons on the status bar appear.

Before we proceed, I'd like to thank Slatedroid member and newly-found kernel dev ab73 for making this release possible and with as many features as it can have :)
The custom (non-official CM) kernel this rom uses is fairly regularly updated to the point where making a new release for every kernel would be more trouble than it's worth - to that end the latest version of ab73's kernel can always be found HERE along with known issues. To install kernel updates just move them to your SD card and flash via CWM as described for installing roms.

Changes from stock CM 7.1
- mount of internal sdcard changed in vold.fstab to /sdcard, sdcard2 changed to /emmc
- DSPManager.apk removed temporarily due to force close issue

Features
- First full AOSP rom for the Hannspad!
- Runs on ab73's modified version of pershoot's CM kernel!
- Full Accelerometer and Soft Touch button support thanks to ab73!
- Overclockable (download setcpu)!
- CM7 has "Tablet Tweaks" in settings, enabling you to do what you like with the task bar ;)
- More!

Known/Assumed issues
- Google Apps may or may not be installing correctly, further investigation needed
- WiFi signal may not be full strength
- Build is from a1002 repo, when the kernel gets updated (in CM repo) this should be changed to a1011
- build.prop is incorrect for our device
This list will be kept up-to-date as issues are reported!

Install instructions
Assuming you have CWM installed;
1. Mount storage and copy the zip to the root
2. Reboot into CWM
3. Make a backup of your current install
4. Wipe data/factory reset
5. Install zip from sdcard
6. Choose zip from sdcard, select update-cm-7.1.0-RC1-hannspad-KANG-081711.zip
7. Wait patiently, then reboot.

Downloads
CyanogenMod 7
CM7.1 Hannspad download
Google Apps - install using same steps as for full rom
Download Google Apps
Honeycomb Theme
Link to developers thread

Edited by alpha232, 11 September 2011 - 04:20 PM.

• mUb likes this

#2 walkerx

walkerx

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 02:39 AM

the only issues noticed at the moment are

video playback is very choppy for 1280x720 due to hardware acceleration issues
volume buttons back to front (can live with this)
application grid doesn't seem to work correctly (more columns in portrait mode than landscape mode) - which suggests something switched around
lower wi-fi signal

other than these few issues this rom overall is brilliant once you get it configured how you want

quadrant score is over 2400
faster booting
market looks to be showing all applications
build.prop needs some changes for our device

overall i'm impressed so well done to both alpha232 and ab73

Edited by walkerx, 18 August 2011 - 02:45 AM.

Hannspree Hannspad SN10T130R1633 - HannsTitan v0.2d
LG Optimus 2x (sim-free in box)
Iphone 4 16GB

#3 ab73

ab73

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 03:31 AM

the only issues noticed at the moment are

video playback is very choppy for 1280x720 due to hardware acceleration issues
volume buttons back to front (can live with this)
application grid doesn't seem to work correctly (more columns in portrait mode than landscape mode) - which suggests something switched around
lower wi-fi signal

other than these few issues this rom overall is brilliant once you get it configured how you want

quadrant score is over 2400
faster booting
market looks to be showing all applications
build.prop needs some changes for our device

overall i'm impressed so well done to both alpha232 and ab73

I'll fix the audio buttons.

AB

#4 Thorsten

Thorsten

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 05:01 AM

I'll fix the audio buttons.

AB

Please tell us how..

#5 alpha232

alpha232

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 05:15 AM

With kernel sorcery! Walker what kind of 720p video could you play smoothly on the stock kernel? I've never managed to get it to play without stuttering

#6 walkerx

walkerx

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 05:34 AM

With kernel sorcery! Walker what kind of 720p video could you play smoothly on the stock kernel? I've never managed to get it to play without stuttering

on the hannstitan build i had no problems with 1280x720 music videos downloaded from youtube (using tubemate). the same videos now freeze but the audio continues after the first few seconds and then starts stuttering.
Iphone 4 16GB

#7 us1111

us1111

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 05:44 AM

Wow! This rom is really great, I tested the following things:

HDMI: Output is good, but could not test 720p 1080p stuff. Om my screen the pixels were a bit eehh... big
Bluetooth: My VGP-BMS33 mouse finaly works with this bleutooth stack. On titan, it paired but did not connect.
Battery: Battery seems to drain quite a bit faster than with Titan. Android System is taking most of the battery (Can I zoom in on the process which is actually causing this?)
Overclock: Can be done fromout the Cyanogen menu, no external (paid) tools needed. At 1400, the tablet flies! Overclocked it to 1200 to save a littlebit more juice.
Screen: The screen seems to be a little bit more responsive. At the edges though it still sucks...
Location: Wifi location service is working now. With Maps and Earth, it defaults to my area.

There is a signal icon in the taskbar which you cannot disable, that's a bit off. However the rom in total is a pleasure to work with!! Thanks a lot!!

Edited by us1111, 18 August 2011 - 05:55 AM.

#8 ab73

ab73

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 06:49 AM

Please tell us how..

I need to fix the kernel code and then recompile it.

Sorry no other fix than kernel recompile. The button swap, must have been code left over from the ADAM kernel.

AB

#9 walkerx

walkerx

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 07:06 AM

anyone notice an issue with the market saying you have no downloaded content when click on my apps even though you have downloaded something

update: resolved by clearing cache and data for market and framework then rebooting

Edited by walkerx, 18 August 2011 - 08:08 AM.

Iphone 4 16GB

#10 P187

P187

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 07:16 AM

Great work guys! Now I can have CM7 on all of my Android devices!!
HANNSpad SN10T1 (1653)

#11 alpha232

alpha232

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 08:18 AM

To try and answer some issues people have posted about:

Wifi strength - I've used a wifi signal strength app and tested for differences from the exact same spot and experienced no difference - I am not experiencing a stable connection though, it seems to drop after a few minutes and reconnect

Application grid on default launcher not even - it is 6 wide in landscape and 6 wide in portrait on my device, i can upload photos if you want

HD Video playback - I never got normal bitrate 720p files to work smoothly on the hannspad, i've not tried any of the lower bitrate ones ripped from youtube though

Battery drain - not done a definitive drain test but current draw from the battery in Titan at 50% brightness and wifi on is around 320mA idle at launcher home screen, in CM7 stock speeds (not overclocked) it's around 370mA - so it is a little higher, not sure what this would equate to in real terms or if there are any voltage tweaks that can be done in the kernel

Market "My apps" section appearing blank - seems fully populated on mine?

Edit: on the wifi dropping, if it's any use to you ab73 the logcat reading starts at "changing supplicant state: COMPLETED ==> DORMANT"

Edited by alpha232, 18 August 2011 - 08:19 AM.

#12 wakko

wakko

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 09:20 AM

Market "My apps" section appearing blank - seems fully populated on mine?

Mine was also blank. I installed a new App from Market and now it seems to be fully populated.

#13 chiefwhosm

chiefwhosm

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 12:34 PM

Is USB OTG/ USB Host Mode enabled in this kernel? Can we finally find out if the hardware supports plugging in usb devices with the right cable? - for those who have the right cable (Not me still).

Chief :)

#14 ab73

ab73

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 03:04 PM

Is USB OTG/ USB Host Mode enabled in this kernel? Can we finally find out if the hardware supports plugging in usb devices with the right cable? - for those who have the right cable (Not me still).

Chief :)

Yes, Tegra OTG / USB host mode and the USB accessory options are enabled. I've not tested them, but other users have reported that devices are working.

AB ;)

#15 Chet T16

Chet T16

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 03:09 PM

Is wifi proxy settings not available in this? I thought it was a feature added to gingerbread?

#16 ozymandias

ozymandias

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 03:21 PM

Is it possible to convert the folder system to system.img? I can only flash the hannspad ( i think ) only through nvflash, as the tablet is having a messed up bootloader/partition table. I remember i tried once throwing all content of system folder into a cramfs image, but that didn't worked. Any ideea?

Edited by ozymandias, 18 August 2011 - 03:42 PM.

#17 Nick.C

Nick.C

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 04:09 PM

Got a 3500+ Quadrant Standard score @ 1.4GHz - mightily impressed.

I should 'fess up here to say that I didn't do a full wipe but did wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache after install.

MKV and MP4 that played with TnTLite and HannsTitan no longer play. May need to do a full wipe.
HTC Sensation [LeeDrOiD ICS 5.0.1]; HTC HD2 [6.5/ACA 030112]; Hannspad SN10T1 1653 [VEGAn-TAB GingerEdition 7.1.0]

#18 walkerx

walkerx

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 04:14 PM

Got a 3500+ Quadrant Standard score @ 1.4GHz - mightily impressed.

I should 'fess up here to say that I didn't do a full wipe but did wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache after install.

MKV and MP4 that played with TnTLite and HannsTitan no longer play. May need to do a full wipe.

i've gone back to hannstitan seeing it plays 1280x720 video without problems, i've sent alpha a pm with a link to it
Iphone 4 16GB

#19 acemdrgn

acemdrgn

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 05:14 PM

I'm having a problem mounting and viewing my tablet hard drive after installing the mod.
Under the default Hannspree software the tablet gave my a promt to mount when connecting to the PC. Now I get nothing but a little symbol appear in the top right of the tablet. 2 removable disk drives appear in my computer, but I'm simply asked to insert a disk if I try to click on either of these - previously under the default Hansspree software I was able to see all the files / folder in my tablet by doing this.

#20 walkerx

walkerx

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 05:29 PM

I'm having a problem mounting and viewing my tablet hard drive after installing the mod.
Under the default Hannspree software the tablet gave my a promt to mount when connecting to the PC. Now I get nothing but a little symbol appear in the top right of the tablet. 2 removable disk drives appear in my computer, but I'm simply asked to insert a disk if I try to click on either of these - previously under the default Hansspree software I was able to see all the files / folder in my tablet by doing this.

you have to tell your tablet to activate usb storage if you want to transfer files from pc to tablet - this has always been the case it was just under the stock rom it was done differently

just pull down the taskbar and select option to transfer files
Iphone 4 16GB