7" WM8650 Netbook Linux Port

• Please log in to reply
248 replies to this topic

#241 tom01997

tom01997

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:16 PM

Thanks anyway. I only asked because i need publisher and there are not any compatible programs for that (as far as i know)

#242 Guest_falso_*

Guest_falso_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2012 - 05:08 PM

Hello,
I successfully installed the Debian sid on my 7" tablet. Really a great project!
Now I want to build a special wireless driver and need the kernel headers.
Because the kernel is 2.6.32.9 I need the linux-headers 2.6.32.9. Where do I get these headers?

What about a v5 of the debian image? :D

#243 doragasu

doragasu

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 03:38 PM

Today I received my WM8650 mini laptop. I have installed Debian and it starts, but I can't get. WiFi woring (I have turned it on), and even worse, the keyboard is not working :(.

Any suggestion to get WiFi and keyboard working?

EDIT: I have just read post #185, with a solution to a problem that looks the same as mine. Will try it ASAP.

Edited by doragasu, 29 May 2012 - 02:23 AM.

#244 doragasu

doragasu

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:03 PM

I had some time to play with the mini laptop, and I got the WiFi and builtin keyboard to work, but I have a minor and a mayor problem:
1.- Locale generation doesn't work properly. I have changed /etc/locale.gen to the ones I want, and ran locale-gen. I rebooted but nothing changed :(
2.- It happened to me twice that the partition table in the SD card gets corrupted. If I regenerate the partition table and (without formatting) check the card for errors, I get the filesystem back, but this is very nasty.

I have another problem, but I suppose it's a hardware problem, because it happens in both Android and Debian. The problem is when I slide a finger over the touchpad, it takes some time (maybe 0,5s) for the touchpad to "wake up" and start moving the cursor. When the cursor starts moving, it works well until I stop moving it for a while. Then when I start sliding the finger again, the problem is repeated. Does this happens to other units or is my touchpad defective?

EDIT: Got locale generation to work, using "dpkg-reconfigure locales" command. I hope the data corruption can also be solved...

Edited by doragasu, 29 May 2012 - 03:17 PM.

#245 farva

farva

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:48 AM

Your guide was very helpful for me, doragasu. I'm working on light distro myself, among other things.
Project: Emulators for WM8650. Includes GNUBoySDL (Gameboy/Gameboy Color), gpFCE (NES/Famicom), and PicoDrive (Genesis/Megadrive & Sega/Mega CD).

#246 wxtomb

wxtomb

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:02 PM

I have this Debian installed on my SYNET07 and it's working great from the SD card! I'm using it to interface with my weather station and uploading the data to my website. Very nice. My needs are meager! Has anyone found a screen saver that will work with this system?

#247 andermetalsh

andermetalsh

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:45 AM

Hello. Anyone knows if it will be xorg driver support for the integrated graphics chipset on the VIA WM8650? At least the XV one, so we can get 2D acceleration for some games and emulators.
Debian DWM for ARM WM8650 netbooks, based on Wicknix Debian V4 port .

#248 iqwer

iqwer

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:13 PM

Hello. Anyone knows if it will be xorg driver support for the integrated graphics chipset on the VIA WM8650? At least the XV one, so we can get 2D acceleration for some games and emulators.

YES

#249 Mystery Man

Mystery Man

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:40 AM

Hi Everybody! I'm new on this forum.
I've bought a netbook called BAK BK-709AND ( Product Page: Link ).
I installed debian on my SD Card and he booted correctly.
However as I stated, USB Keyboard only works if plugged after X is loaded,
case else touchpad and usb keyboard is not recognized and I'm forced to reboot the PC.
Second bigger problem is the integrated keyboard is't working but still I have to try editing X11.conf.
Third problem is that after any reboot the filesystem is checked for errors and I still have not found a solution.
Last problem is that the wifi card isn't detected but I have not tryied to install modules yet. My card is an RTL8188CUS.

There's somebody that can help me to solve these problems? I formatted SD Card as EXT2, is better convert it to EXT3?

Thank you in advance and sorry for my bad english!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users