• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dy57

dy57

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 03:26 AM

Hi,

Just wanted to recommend an app that I found for boosting the speaker volume on the Nova.
Before I installed it, I had to hold the speaker close to me ear to make out the dialogue in a
video (this made the video a bit hard to watch :o )

http://www.apktop.co...oost-1-7-4.html

The app does not modify system file unlike other volume booster, but exploits the DSP Manager
in Gingerbread.

I run the sound boost at a volume level of +14 and I now can actually hear audio across the room !

Mind the cautions as cited by the developer, increasing the boost too much can either harm your hardware or your ears (via headphones).

Enjoy!

Edited by dy57, 08 August 2011 - 03:28 AM.

#2 nchntrznova

nchntrznova

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 09:29 AM

The DSP Manager taken from CM7 (cyanogen mod 7) works fine with the Nova. I extracted it from a Nookcolor cm7 build and added it to my system/app folder (using an update.zip) It opened fine and allowed me to activate both bass boost and equalizer settings, which made the speaker much louder than stock.

I was also able to install the File Manager, Sound Recorder and a few other apps from Gingerbread into the system/app folder. I will be doing a comprehensive test on all the apks from a base CM7 install that can be used on the Nova. FWIW I am just installing the apks for now, no framework or other changes.

AndroidTerm (which i believe to be the Jack Pal version) does not seem to want to run from the system/app location(until i locate the dependencies and add/merge them).

nchntr

#3 gamble61

gamble61

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 12:16 PM

The DSP Manager taken from CM7 (cyanogen mod 7) works fine with the Nova. I extracted it from a Nookcolor cm7 build and added it to my system/app folder (using an update.zip) It opened fine and allowed me to activate both bass boost and equalizer settings, which made the speaker much louder than stock.

I was also able to install the File Manager, Sound Recorder and a few other apps from Gingerbread into the system/app folder. I will be doing a comprehensive test on all the apks from a base CM7 install that can be used on the Nova. FWIW I am just installing the apks for now, no framework or other changes.

AndroidTerm (which i believe to be the Jack Pal version) does not seem to want to run from the system/app location(until i locate the dependencies and add/merge them).

nchntr

I am pretty much clueless as to what all that meant but it sounds like you know what you're doing. Could you help me to get google apps running on a sn? I have it rooted and market installed. Still no gmail. It says "sync error". This pad would be perfect if I could access my google accounts (mail, docs, sites) for work. I have been researching and testing for 3 days and I just can't seem to get it to work. Thanks in advance.

#4 AlreadyJones

AlreadyJones

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:13 AM

I am pretty much clueless as to what all that meant but it sounds like you know what you're doing. Could you help me to get google apps running on a sn? I have it rooted and market installed. Still no gmail. It says "sync error". This pad would be perfect if I could access my google accounts (mail, docs, sites) for work. I have been researching and testing for 3 days and I just can't seem to get it to work. Thanks in advance.

Check this link out, there should be another link on this site that explains how to install the android market and google apps on the supernova. You may want to go back and remove the market and everything you have now in order to get this to work. If you follow these instructions directly you should not have any problems. http://www.cesgeekbo...super-nova.html

AJ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users