have you tried this
Steps for Huawei modem:
1. Plug the modem into the pc. Wait for modem auto detection and driver installation.
2. Run Teraterm Pro or Hyper Terminal, select serial then search the assigned com port for your modem (usually have two...try one).
3. Type "ATZ at u2diag ^ = 0" then press enter. If an "OK" message is displayed then go to step 5. If no message is displayed go to step 4.
4. Restart Teraterm or hyper terminal, select the other com port assigned for the modem then repeat step 3.
5. Unplug the modem from your PC.
6. Plug the modem into Herotab mid 816 wait until the signal bar appears at the top task bar.
7. Go to Settings > Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Network Operators
8. It will search available 3G networks in your place. Select your specific Network operator.
9. Then Go to Settings > Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names and press menu button then select New APN
10. Configure your APN
11. Scroll down and check whether the MNC and MCC numbers are there, if not, press the menu and select the discard and repeat the steps 7-10 (for new APN).
12. Save the new APN.
13. Activate APN by selecting it (until the green circle at the right side)
14. Wait for the 3G logo at the top task bar.
15. Open your internet browser and enjoy surfing the net.
note: when using hyper Terminal or Teraterm Pro you will experience that when you type at the text editor it seems like your Keyboard is disabled but it is not.
for the hyper terminal to see what you are typing go to file menu > Properties then on the displayed dialog go to settings tab then click ascii setup button then check the "Echo typed characters locally" and click OK.
for the Teraterm Pro: i just typed "ATZ at u2diag ^ = 0" even it seems that the keyboard is disabled then i pressed enter then an "OK" message is displayed. Then I continued through the steps and I've got my Huawei E153 working.
By the way ryannining post is in Indonesian/Malay language (I'm not so sure) so I use the Google translator then I rewrite the English translation of Google. I just tried his steps because I'm hopeless...there is no Huawei E1750 here in the Philippines and I like to use my Herotab Mid 816 when I'm outside my home or work.
one more thing: My Herotab is the Metal Version using 03/21/2011 firmware version from adrenalynn post here: http://www.slatedroi...rse-date-order/
Thanks. I hope it will work with yours.
Ryannining...thanks again man!!!
commands you can use to change your modem's settings:
posted by: ridingshark
AT^u2diag=0 (all off)
AT^u2diag=1 (CD on, SD off)
AT^u2diag=256 (CD off, SD is on)
AT^u2diag=255 (all on - including SD Card)