[ROM] - (Universal) - Modroid-v8 based on 1.5.1 by wicknix

• Please log in to reply
762 replies to this topic

#721 exProphecy

exProphecy

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 01:37 PM

I was just wondering.. has anyone compared every single ROM for the MID v7 to each other? ie. Modroid, Uberoid, Udroidx, DrCheap's tweaked ROM, Singularity etc? I was just wondering if anyone knows which one of them has the fastest boot time overall? Also, is anyone else having a problem with the wifi where every now and then, the connection would die which in turn, kicks off EVERYONE on the router? (basically, the tablet resets the router) Does anyone have that problem? If so, how do you fix it >_<

EDIT: Two things I've tried to fix it:
1. Used env file, wmt file, and uzImage.bin file from the updated official eken firmware (Eken M009s single touch 1.5.3) (I have a Blue LED, black audio, no vibrate, single touch)
2. Used an apk called "FixMyWifi" (suggested by UDROIDX maker)
3. Enabled RT3070v2 support (from Uberoid)

All of these either just doesn't let hold a connection to wifi or is always unsuccessful in connecting to wifi.

Edited by exProphecy, 16 January 2012 - 01:40 PM.

#722 ThatTabletGuy

ThatTabletGuy

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:57 PM

Hello, I wanted to know what needs to be done differently when installing the system onto a 10 inch tablet instead of a 7 inch?

#723 randomkid

randomkid

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 02:01 PM

Hey just noticed that the m009f runs android 2.3 and android 4.0 in some cases anyway of porting this for the m009s?
They are both 7inch tablets.
Randomkid
Rate me five stars if i helped!

Any questions visit: http://www.slatedroi...193#entry240193

#724 gadgets&gadgets

gadgets&gadgets

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 04:52 AM

Thank You very much for this ROM! It really sped up the Wondermedia Pad! I've tried many of the custom ROMS and Modroid V8 has performed just flawless and fast. Thanks Again !

VIA WM8650
Green LED
No Vibrate
Black Audio Connector
modified the camera and sound env to get them working.

Hi Mr G, I have several of these MID 7", sounds like the arethe same as your one, I have changed the cmos camera1 and still no cigar Sound is fine, wifi is fine and touchscreen isfine. It's the last hurdle! Any help?

#725 marksai23

marksai23

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:39 AM

OMG!!! After do all this. The touch screen is not responding now! what should i do! Please HELP me. :(

#726 DoctorDroid

DoctorDroid

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:19 PM

OMG!!! After do all this. The touch screen is not responding now! what should i do! Please HELP me. :(

"...all..."! Really...?! You have read the readme file that comes with the ROM? Take a look at it and pay special attention to bit that talks about new two touch screen versions of the 7" MID. You will see that you cannot simply install the ROM on such devices without doing some extra tweaks. If you have done all that and it still does not work, read posts in this thread (esp later posts) and if you are still stuck, come back with more details.

#727 DoctorDroid

DoctorDroid

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:22 PM

Hello, I wanted to know what needs to be done differently when installing the system onto a 10 inch tablet instead of a 7 inch?

This ROM is designed for 7" tablets. It has been installed with success on some 8" tablets. I am not aware of anyone having installed this on a 10" tablet. I would not imagine that it would work.

#728 DoctorDroid

DoctorDroid

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:28 PM

I was just wondering.. has anyone compared every single ROM for the MID v7 to each other? ie. Modroid, Uberoid, Udroidx, DrCheap's tweaked ROM, Singularity etc? I was just wondering if anyone knows which one of them has the fastest boot time overall? Also, is anyone else having a problem with the wifi where every now and then, the connection would die which in turn, kicks off EVERYONE on the router? (basically, the tablet resets the router) Does anyone have that problem? If so, how do you fix it >_<

EDIT: Two things I've tried to fix it:
1. Used env file, wmt file, and uzImage.bin file from the updated official eken firmware (Eken M009s single touch 1.5.3) (I have a Blue LED, black audio, no vibrate, single touch)
2. Used an apk called "FixMyWifi" (suggested by UDROIDX maker)
3. Enabled RT3070v2 support (from Uberoid)

All of these either just doesn't let hold a connection to wifi or is always unsuccessful in connecting to wifi.

In answer to the first part, my tablet came with Singularity and I replaced with Modroid (v7 at that point, then up to v10 eventually - v10 is essentially the same as v11). I have not seen the need to try lots of different ROMs. Modroid *is* the best...!

On the second point. When you got the tablet, did the wifi work well? Just wondering whether the wifi stick has problems. Your tab sounds very generic (i.e. "old" style). Give Modroid v10 a go too. You can use the changer.bat to select different install options (lots of them actually). You may find one of those that works better. I am not predicting success necessarily, since you have done your homework and you clearly have tried various of the other options that I would have suggested. Good luck. Let us know how you get on.

#729 progent

progent

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:48 PM

Hi, I have big problem:
http://zapodaj.net/f...fcc78e.jpg.html
How fix this ?

#730 leebh28

leebh28

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 11:26 PM

Assuming you mean you have a wm8650-based 7" tablet and you have flashed it with Modroid v11, start by reading the Readme file that comes with the firmware. The most common reason for not getting a working touch screen after flashing is that people have not done what it says to do in the Readme and replace 3 x key files in the Modroid ROM install with the corresponding 3 x files in the stock ROM for your tablet from your manufacturer. This does mean, of course, that you need to have the stock firmware installer files (ie for the *original* firmware that was on your MID when you received it). If you don't have that, there are various places you can download firmwares that might do the trick. Take a read up this thread at earlier posts. This subject is covered repeatedly.

Hello all, I was helping a friend to flash a China bought netbook, as the usb cable was missing, I did not backup any stock files, so I "borrowed" the env_uboot file from Uberoid V11 (Change.bat > 8 ). And resolved the default generic flash touchscreen issue. The device model used to be Wondermedia WM8650, 7". IMHO, this ROM is more interesting than Uberoid because of market fix.

Thank you Nix for the great ROM.

Cheers,

Edited by leebh28, 30 January 2012 - 12:01 AM.

#731 cy80rg

cy80rg

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:10 AM

Hi guys,

Just updated to Modroid on my m0009s - all went well, booted in fine.

Touch screen works, but when I start wifi it says it cant "Start wifi"...

UPDATE - eventually starts, but then spends ages getting an IP from the router, then seems a bit flakey - dropping connection etc?

Any thoughts?

THX

#732 cy80rg

cy80rg

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:23 AM

Hi Guys,

Bit more detail...

Installed modroid 1.5.1 on my m0009s.

All went well, touch screen works etc.

Looking to in to my google account to get Market working as per readme.

Start wifi, more often than not starts, but wifi scan comes back with "Unable to scan for networks".
Eventually finds my wifi.

Enter wifi login details...

spends longer than usual getting an IP from the router, then shows "Remembered" - rather than actually connecting - even though im sitting right next to the router.

Even when it does occasionally connect, by the time i've entered the key for Google account (auto generated number that replaces password), Google tries to connect, then reports that a network connection is not available.

Selecting "COnnect to network" force closes Google login.

GAH! So nearly there... any help guys?

:) THX

#733 gtgtgt

gtgtgt

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 02:29 PM

M009S Camera Mirror Fix:

I have the MID M009S single touch 7"tablet.From day one noticed when taking pics and video they were mirrored.Tried every fix I could find.Just flashed to Modroid v11 Lite.I edited the env_uboot file with a text editor and added this parameter.

setenv wmt.camera.mirror 1

I put it under setenv wmt.camera.param 0:0 saved file then flashed.Taking pics and video normally now.Hope this helps some people with the M009S single touch and troubleshooting others.

#734 agunZagun

agunZagun

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 05:54 PM

Hello guys.

I'm using a version of WM8650. It's from Turkey and it's called "Mobee Nett Tablet 7" S800". Installed with no problem after changing the env_uboot and wmt_scriptcmd. It's multitouch, green led model.

But my real problem is, I can't access the Facebook, Twitter, TweetDeck and even Foursquare apps. I need those apps but I can't access from the Market. I can install some other stuff (Steam App, Adobe Reader etc.) with MarketEnabler. But I still can't access the Facebook, Twitter etc. How can you guys get this apps? It's a great tablet with Modroid, but I really need those apps.

Edit: Just tried the "Fully Market Fix". But it won't work too. HELP!

Edited by agunZagun, 03 February 2012 - 02:27 PM.

#735 wicknix

wicknix

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 04 February 2012 - 01:36 PM

You may have messed something up using market enabler, there is no need for that software. All you had to do was do the "market fix" in the readme.txt after you first flashed the device and it would have worked fine. I'd suggest reflash, and do the market fix step by step. Sometimes it takes 2-3 times of doing the market fix if your device is being stubborn, but it does work, and then you will see facebook, twitter etc in the market.

Cheers

(Also, sorry guys and gals for not following this thread much lately. I've been busy working on debian and angstrom linux ports to wm8650)
Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver...

#736 agunZagun

agunZagun

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 04:53 PM

Thank you so much wicknix. It worked on second try. You are awesome! I owe you a beer if you come Turkey. :drinks:

#737 beaver_regnew

beaver_regnew

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:42 PM

Uberoid v5 is lookin' good, but honestly I've been drooling over Modroid v11 since I first saw the screenshot. Can't wait to try this!

#738 wittyman37

wittyman37

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:58 PM

I have a 7inch MID wm8650 and was able to update to v6.5, then v11. However, the touch screen would not work with either version. Does anyone have the original env_boot file?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

#739 ENDER

ENDER

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 04:02 PM

I have a 7inch MID wm8650 and was able to update to v6.5, then v11. However, the touch screen would not work with either version. Does anyone have the original env_boot file?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

here's the original env_boot file for touch screen fix

http://hotfile.com/d..._uboot.rar.html

#740 Regemaster

Regemaster

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:21 PM

Hi,
I have got mw8650 7" netbook.
I've downloaded a Modroid v10, and when it instaling there is a big stripe on screen.

Here is a video how it is look:

I tried others Android Firmware like Uberoid, but always it make the same stripe, but when I instal Win_CE there is no stripe, and everythings work fine.
What should I do to have an Android on my netbook?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users