• Please log in to reply
762 replies to this topic

#681 lampykid

lampykid

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 04:03 PM

Hi Guys,

but am I the only one that have a lot of problems with apps with this firmware? I tryed to install Google Earth and it just make the screen black for a sec than the tablet is back in home page. I tryed to install the facebook .apk I found out googling around but no one works. The Android Market show only few things :( I'm bit confused...I'm making something wrong???

Luca

#682 ccsteehee

ccsteehee

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 04:17 PM

Lampykid,

look through the posts here... there is a technique to 'open up' the market (cleaning market cache, etc etc).

I have never been able to get google earth, skype, etc to work on this. Not a deal breaker, though.

As well, UBEROID released a new WM8650 ROM (1.5.5)... Universal Uberoid WM8650 1.5.5 HoneyCombMOD v11 BETA at http://www.techknow....x.php?board=9.0

Would be nice to see a side by side comparison.

#683 PsyDonia

PsyDonia

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 05:18 AM

google earth does not work on this tablet at all I think.
Gemei HD8900 Pro
Eken M009s Dual Point Touch screen

#684 kruegerfan

kruegerfan

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 09:05 AM

Hi Folks.

First of all, I would like to say a big thanks to Wicknix and all others who had to do with this ROM. It is by far the best of all customs and I unlike others have never had any problems with it. However, I have a silly simple question that's been puzzling me since I got my tablet.

I only ever use 1 screen on the desktop and do not require my wallpaper to scroll so I would like to know how I can get the whole wallpaper image on the desktop instead of just a portion of it. Does the image need to be re-sized before using it, and if so, what would be the best image size to achieve this? Any help would be appreciated as always. I have a 7" M009S single touch blue LED

Thanks

Kruegerfan

Edited by kruegerfan, 24 December 2011 - 09:07 AM.

#685 PsyDonia

PsyDonia

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 04:50 AM

Hi Folks.

First of all, I would like to say a big thanks to Wicknix and all others who had to do with this ROM. It is by far the best of all customs and I unlike others have never had any problems with it. However, I have a silly simple question that's been puzzling me since I got my tablet.

I only ever use 1 screen on the desktop and do not require my wallpaper to scroll so I would like to know how I can get the whole wallpaper image on the desktop instead of just a portion of it. Does the image need to be re-sized before using it, and if so, what would be the best image size to achieve this? Any help would be appreciated as always. I have a 7" M009S single touch blue LED

Thanks

Kruegerfan

exactly what I also was asking.

Wicknix or anyone else.
the dock bar to the right with some icons like settings web and market there are four icons.
can I remove that dock so it use full workspace on the desktop. I can remove the icons just press down on the icon but the bar is not removed.
I don´t want those icons and I want my time gadget to be centered on the screen but it can as long as the dock bar is there.

also for background the screen is 800x480 can I some way use an background image and get it to be centered or full screen.
now it only shows a part of the background image. even if I replace the one in the rom so I have an new default background it not shows the whole background image.
if there is an option to stretch it so it fits the screen if it is smaller than the resolution it should stretch it out.
and if the image is bigger than the resolution then it should stretch it smaller. like in windows.

Hope someone know.
Gemei HD8900 Pro

#686 seriouslycgi

seriouslycgi

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 02:57 PM

On your main screen press the menu button (on side of device(next to volume toggle switch) or on screen at top right (4 lines) next to the back arrow icon). Preferences and settings do what you need.

To access apps you can get to them with the m button again.

#687 lampykid

lampykid

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 01:27 PM

Hi Guys,

well after the starting problem using the tabled due to the "thinking" of a Windows PC to an "Android" Tablet I must say that I'm very happy of this "toy" :)

Now I can use FB, Live Mail, Gmail and other stuff. Now I have still one problem: I can see the divx movie without problem but I can't hear no sound :( Perhpas the audio codec are not installed...I tryed different program but both RealPlayer or "video" start playing the movie but no audio..any idea?

Thank you always for everything.

Luca

#688 ccsteehee

ccsteehee

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 09:03 AM

For video with sound, try using Mobo Player... it automatically downloads required codecs.

#689 PsyDonia

PsyDonia

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 04:59 PM

On your main screen press the menu button (on side of device(next to volume toggle switch) or on screen at top right (4 lines) next to the back arrow icon). Preferences and settings do what you need.

To access apps you can get to them with the m button again.

I know but I can´t find anything to remove that bar/dock.
also the background can´t find anything to stretch it. is it anyway to stretch the background image.
Gemei HD8900 Pro

#690 lampykid

lampykid

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 04:38 AM

For video with sound, try using Mobo Player... it automatically downloads required codecs.

Thank you! :)

#691 kruegerfan

kruegerfan

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 04:26 AM

Hi Guys

Can any of you tell me if swap is enabled on this rom or if there are any others for M009S with swap enabled just to get an extra bit of memory on this little bad boy?

Thanks

#692 hangetsu

hangetsu

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 01:46 PM

Greetings all, I bought this tablet http://www.ebay.it/i...em=260900425990 you wonder if you could give me what firmware I can install on it.

green led, vibration, and headphone jack black.

Android 2.2
WonderMedia Apad WM8650
7"
Kernel 2.6.32.9-default
Build Generic-eng2.2 Froyo Ver 1.5.3-20110819.122309

thanks

Edited by hangetsu, 30 December 2011 - 03:52 PM.

#693 chuck e cheeba

chuck e cheeba

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 08:19 PM

First off I would like to thank wicknix and all the Mod's for all there hard work in not only making some badazz Roms but also for there speedy responses and posts on this forum, Without you guys this forum wouldn't be half of what it is ...

So thank you for all your hard work and dedication on this forum :)

I have spent hours and days ghosting all the firmware Rom's for all the MID 7's and am a bit turned around from all the research .....

I have a Dual touch, Green Led- Red Charging MID 7"
w/ 4 gb internal

WonderMedia WM8650
Android version:
Kernel version:
2.6.32.9-default
Build number:
generic-eng2.2 Froyo Ver1.5.5-20110920.043830

My questions are with my stalk version being 1.5.5 would it be wise for me to Modroid V-11 lite my tablet ?

I am not new to rooting and have experience on rooting other devices like the pandigital(WPDA) so i think i can handle the rooting process just fine ..
I am just looking for my tablet to be a bit more speedy Tablet like and not standard snail like ...

I have the Modroid V-11 Rom downloaded and also have M009_VT1609_1.5.5 Downloaded to my machine from the advise of the forum and included REadme file on the V-11.

Am i correct in my research that the M009 software is the original Unmoded software that came with my MID just in case the Root V-11 Doesn't work ?

#694 chuck e cheeba

chuck e cheeba

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 08:21 PM

Sorry ... I forgot to add that my version of Wm8650 is a non vibrate ... :/

#695 zeosrule

zeosrule

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 11:36 AM

First thanks to all the devs who worked on Modroid.

Ok so I have mine working with Uberdroid's env_uboot option 8. The camera worked fine in Uberdroid, but in Singularity and Modroid I get a lot of lines in the camera app than when I go to the home screen the lines stay and a second later it locks u and I have to do a hard restart. Is there a way to fix that without a reflash? I am fairly familiar with modifying android and linux so yeah...

#696 DoctorDroid

DoctorDroid

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 12:07 PM

First off I would like to thank wicknix and all the Mod's for all there hard work in not only making some badazz Roms but also for there speedy responses and posts on this forum, Without you guys this forum wouldn't be half of what it is ...

So thank you for all your hard work and dedication on this forum :)

I have spent hours and days ghosting all the firmware Rom's for all the MID 7's and am a bit turned around from all the research .....

I have a Dual touch, Green Led- Red Charging MID 7"
w/ 4 gb internal

WonderMedia WM8650
Android version:
Kernel version:
2.6.32.9-default
Build number:
generic-eng2.2 Froyo Ver1.5.5-20110920.043830

My questions are with my stalk version being 1.5.5 would it be wise for me to Modroid V-11 lite my tablet ?

I am not new to rooting and have experience on rooting other devices like the pandigital(WPDA) so i think i can handle the rooting process just fine ..
I am just looking for my tablet to be a bit more speedy Tablet like and not standard snail like ...

I have the Modroid V-11 Rom downloaded and also have M009_VT1609_1.5.5 Downloaded to my machine from the advise of the forum and included REadme file on the V-11.

Am i correct in my research that the M009 software is the original Unmoded software that came with my MID just in case the Root V-11 Doesn't work ?

You probably have a version of the M009S. All these MIDs with the WM8650 processor are very similar. For putting Modroid onto the tablet (which I recommend doing - it will be much improved relative to the stock firmware), it is best to get the exact firmware install files for your tablet since you will need to take 3 crucial files from that and use them instead of the same named files in the Modroid firmware install. However, if you don't have access to your exact firmware (tablets purchased off ########### are usually in this category, but you can always ask the seller if s/he has firwmare you can download) then the Eken firmware is a good option. Just make sure you get the one for a dual touch device. After that, all you need to do is follow the instructions in the readme file that comes with Modroid (remember to swap out those 3 files) and flash your tablet. If you have problems, try different versions of the 3 files or try another firmware like modroid v10 or Uberoid and once you get something that works, you're set. May sound a bit hit and miss, but it is usually plain sailing if you have done your homework (which it sounds like you have). Definitely go for it. You will find the tablet much improved. Remember, though, that this is no ipad and it will not handle certain apps (e.g. Google earth, Skype, etc). Basic stuff is fine. Even Angry birds (turn off backgrounds in original version of AB) and AB Rio (plays okay(ish)). Forget AB Seasons.

Good luck.

#697 DoctorDroid

DoctorDroid

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 12:13 PM

First thanks to all the devs who worked on Modroid.

Ok so I have mine working with Uberdroid's env_uboot option 8. The camera worked fine in Uberdroid, but in Singularity and Modroid I get a lot of lines in the camera app than when I go to the home screen the lines stay and a second later it locks u and I have to do a hard restart. Is there a way to fix that without a reflash? I am fairly familiar with modifying android and linux so yeah...

Almost certainly this is an environment parameter issue. You can look at the camera parameters in the env_uboot file and see if they are different in Uberoid vs the file you are using in MD. Also take a look at the readme file that comes with Modroid, since it mentions camera problems and solutions. Maybe the simplest option is to use the env_uboot file from Uberoid (once you activate that one by using option 8 in changer.bat) and simply replace the Modroid env_uboot file with it. Reflash the Modroid install and hopefully everything will then work well!

If you want to try changing things without reflashing, then you can try setting the parameters via a terminal app. Take a look back in this thread for some posts around the start of September 2011. A few of us were fiddling with settings at that time to see if we could sort out the reversed image that the camera displays. You need to use a terminal app and issue a setenv command. Check out the posts for the syntax.

Edited by DoctorDroid, 01 January 2012 - 12:44 PM.

#698 zeosrule

zeosrule

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:22 PM

Almost certainly this is an environment parameter issue. You can look at the camera parameters in the env_uboot file and see if they are different in Uberoid vs the file you are using in MD. Also take a look at the readme file that comes with Modroid, since it mentions camera problems and solutions. Maybe the simplest option is to use the env_uboot file from Uberoid (once you activate that one by using option 8 in changer.bat) and simply replace the Modroid env_uboot file with it. Reflash the Modroid install and hopefully everything will then work well!

If you want to try changing things without reflashing, then you can try setting the parameters via a terminal app. Take a look back in this thread for some posts around the start of September 2011. A few of us were fiddling with settings at that time to see if we could sort out the reversed image that the camera displays. You need to use a terminal app and issue a setenv command. Check out the posts for the syntax.

I fixed it with the green LED and vibrate env_uboot file in the OP. Now I have a new issue the battery always reads as 100% :nea:

#699 chuck e cheeba

chuck e cheeba

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:46 PM

Awesome, thanks for the quick response DoctorDroid :)

I'm not looking for Ipad quality .. Just looking to improve the handling and speed of tablet overall :)

Thank you

#700 zeosrule

zeosrule

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 08:24 PM

Awesome, thanks for the quick response DoctorDroid :)

I'm not looking for Ipad quality .. Just looking to improve the handling and speed of tablet overall :)

Thank you

The green LED and vibrate env_uboot file in the OP works fine for the tablet. I have the same one.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users