[ROM] - (Universal) - Modroid-v8 based on 1.5.1 by wicknix

• Please log in to reply
762 replies to this topic

#661 Jono12

Jono12

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 02:04 AM

Hi, i Have a MID v7 7" and it all worked, except the touch screen, could you please tell me how to make that work? thanks.

#662 DoctorDroid

DoctorDroid

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 06:32 PM

Hi, i Have a MID v7 7" and it all worked, except the touch screen, could you please tell me how to make that work? thanks.

Assuming you mean you have a wm8650-based 7" tablet and you have flashed it with Modroid v11, start by reading the Readme file that comes with the firmware. The most common reason for not getting a working touch screen after flashing is that people have not done what it says to do in the Readme and replace 3 x key files in the Modroid ROM install with the corresponding 3 x files in the stock ROM for your tablet from your manufacturer. This does mean, of course, that you need to have the stock firmware installer files (ie for the *original* firmware that was on your MID when you received it). If you don't have that, there are various places you can download firmwares that might do the trick. Take a read up this thread at earlier posts. This subject is covered repeatedly.

#663 DoctorDroid

DoctorDroid

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 05:32 PM

Wicknix, quick question about RAM. I'm fairly sure that my M009S clone has 256MB of RAM. However, Android Assistant shows just over 200MB total memory. Hence, the question is whether Android Assistant is accurately showing the RAM or whether some is not being displayed for reasons I don't understand.

#664 wicknix

wicknix

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:56 PM

Android assistant is more than likely correct. You should see roughly 214mb instead of 256. This is normal, and it is for reasons you probably don't understand. ;)

Cheers
Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver...

#665 PsyDonia

PsyDonia

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 11:03 AM

Hello I want to contribute in the way I can.
I have an M009s with dual point touch.
and the env_uboot files that was find here is working except from the battery stay at 100% all time.
and the was a fix for it just run a terminal.
But here is an env_uboot that has that fixed in it.
this is taken from "UDROIDX 1.5.5 U" and added this line "setenv wmt.vt160x.bat 0:1:10:0" in the bottom of the file.
http://www.2shared.c...PointTouch.html
so with this everything works at least for me. camera, sound, touchscreen and battery meter.
Gemei HD8900 Pro
Eken M009s Dual Point Touch screen

#666 DoctorDroid

DoctorDroid

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 06:58 PM

Android assistant is more than likely correct. You should see roughly 214mb instead of 256. This is normal, and it is for reasons you probably don't understand. ;)

Cheers

Hi Wicknix, well that is both reassuring and odd at the same time :) I love cryptic answers! Incidentally, I also have a Samsung Galaxy tab clone that has "512"MB of RAM and android 2.3.3. AA shows about 360MB, so this effect also happens on that tab. Wierd.

#667 PsyDonia

PsyDonia

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 12:13 PM

Wicknix are you gonna update this with the 1.5.5
Gemei HD8900 Pro

#668 wicknix

wicknix

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:18 PM

Probably not. I didn't see any great improvements in 1.5.5 vs 1.5.3 to justify making another rom. If Eken ever releases an Android 2.3 or higher firmware I will then update. Until then v11-lite is the last release. You can always use the 1.5.5 kernel (uImage) if need be and it'll still work fine with the 1.5.3 firmware.

Cheers

Sent from my LG Thrive using Tapatalk

#669 PsyDonia

PsyDonia

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:12 PM

ok no I don´t need the 1.5.5 kernel.
so I will still use your v11 it is great.
Gemei HD8900 Pro

#670 wicknix

wicknix

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:23 PM

Glad you like it. :)

Sent from my LG Thrive using Tapatalk

#671 PsyDonia

PsyDonia

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 10:02 AM

yea it is small fast overbloated *oops removed.
so my M009s 2point is working perfect.
Gemei HD8900 Pro

#672 Tanveer

Tanveer

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 01:05 PM

Hi Wicknix,

I downloaded the Modroid V11 for my 7" google android table but like u said the touch didnt work, its a green led tablet..
Post reading the READ ME document i realise that my tablet is of the newest batches of M009S-2 which have 2 point touch and green led may not work with this ROM. (touchscreen wont work), can you tell me if there is any other work around for such tablets else the best firmware that i can use as the original 1.5.3 firmware is pathetic...

Note: Details of my tablet is on this link... http://www.ebay.in/i...em=380344090092

Thanks....

#673 PsyDonia

PsyDonia

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 02:27 PM

download this that I puted up a few post up.
http://www.2shared.c...PointTouch.html
it is edited to get 2point multitouch function and the battery status indicator shows right

Edited by PsyDonia, 18 December 2011 - 02:28 PM.

• Tanveer and cvsa like this
Gemei HD8900 Pro

#674 lampykid

lampykid

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 04:20 PM

Hi Guys
I'm new here. Only last friday I received my Eken m013s and in the last 2 days I reflash the system I don't know how many time trying different version.

The Modroid, is for me, the more easly to use ! :)

I became just a bit mad to configure the screen and the touch as in the m013s there should be 2 different kind of touch chips (1603 e 1609) and seems that all the configuration around are for 1603...fortunatly I found a forum where they give the exact configuration for a 1609 (env_uboot) and so I solved the problem ;)

Now, just some question...I installed Skype but when I try to connect (after userid and password) I get a " Skype stopped answer - do you want to reconnect of quit?" ...so I can't use :( any idea how to solve the problem?

Thank you very much
Luca

#675 wicknix

wicknix

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 19 December 2011 - 12:20 AM

Skype with video and voice wont work on these budget tablets. Search for skype beta in the market to get a version that works for text messaging only if you really need skype.

Sent from my WM8650 using Tapatalk

#676 Tanveer

Tanveer

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 02:13 PM

Thanks Guys...finally got Modroid 11-lite to work on my tablet and its an awasome firmware....

#677 DJLILJ

DJLILJ

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 07:52 PM

Can somebody please explain to me how to take off background image i dont see the gear icon im a nweeb

#678 lampykid

lampykid

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 09:39 AM

Hi Guys,
is there a way to install the Facebook App? or Chrome? I tryed going directly to the different site but they said that the table is not supported :(

When I received the tablet I noticed that the apps were installed ...and I noticed that on the phone the android market is new and different from the one in the firmware...how it's possibile to update the marketplace?

Thank you very much
Luca

#679 PsyDonia

PsyDonia

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 12:07 PM

Wicknix or anyone else.
the dock bar to the right with some icons like settings web and market there are four icons.
can I remove that dock so it use full workspace on the desktop. I can remove the icons just press down on the icon but the bar is not removed.
I don´t want those icons and I want my time gadget to be centered on the screen but it can as long as the dock bar is there.

also for background the screen is 800x480 can I some way use an background image and get it to be centered or full screen.
now it only shows a part of the background image. even if I replace the one in the rom so I have an new default background it not shows the whole background image.
if there is an option to stretch it so it fits the screen if it is smaller than the resolution it should stretch it out.
and if the image is bigger than the resolution then it should stretch it smaller. like in windows.
Gemei HD8900 Pro

#680 danielaugusto

danielaugusto

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 10:04 PM

Hi boys!

I am looking to purchase a mid v7. But there are many choices of stores Internet.You could help me choose a tablet safely? I use it to study reading pdf's, docs and ppts. So I think essentially dual touch, to handle files better on the small screen of 7 inches. It is also essential that you have a community of support and firmware roms. It will be my first tablet that is why I am very confused. Here are some tablets that I found in stores:

********* shop 7inch - unable to post the link for this, but it is one of 69.99 dollars which has dual touch.
(maylong tablet seems to be an m-250 with dual touch)

http://www.pandawill...ver-p48533.html
(Said to be dual torch)

http://www.merimobil..._p/meri0619.htm
(Not dual touch but I believe to be the most accepted by the community slatedroid)

These were the ones that left me in doubt. What you have to comment on them? You also have suggestions of other sites where I can buy it?

Edited by danielaugusto, 21 December 2011 - 10:31 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users