• Please log in to reply
762 replies to this topic

#421 romulo_marcial

romulo_marcial

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 03:32 PM

Dear,

I would be updating the ROM my tablet to the v9 ​​or v10 modroid. To do this I wonder if it is compatible with my model AmLogic A9 Tablet PC - Platform: Amlogic AML8726-M.
I wonder also where I can find a step by step for upgrading?

grateful

Romulo

#422 netizenmt

netizenmt

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 01:12 AM

No. Modroid is designed for the WM8650 processor. Your tablet is an Cortex A9 processor. You can look here for information specific to that processor. If there are any ROMs for it, you'll find all the info you need there.

Good luck!

#423 OS1

OS1

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 09:57 AM

This would be my preferred firmware except for one thing - looks around to see if anyone's listening - no stock Angry Birds!! Sorry but the kids love it and the version bundled with Singularity is the only one I've found that doesn't run like a dog! Is it possible to extricate Angry Birds from Singularity? Or is there any chance of a Modroid-v10-AB with it included?

Here it is. The latest release of Modroid.

Posted Image

Modroid-v10 is based on Eken's 1.5.1 firmware
Installation and Tips document updated (PLEASE READ IT!)
Fully Rooted
Removed Stock ROM garbage apps
Custom modified green framework
Apps2sd working
Android Market
Hosts file to block most in app ads and website ads
Increased volume output and microphone gain
Added Live Wallpaper support
Removed 0 byte files left over from removed stock applications
Borrowed and modified Uberoids "changer.bat" so that Modroid could support more devices more easily.

Changed since v9
Removed ALL wmt apps (music browser, recorder, video browser etc) and replaced with similar apps.
Reconfigured zeem launcher to have more columns and rows by default.
Changed default wallpaper.
Improved boot logo a little bit.
Added default "browser" app back.
Improved SD card read/write speeds.
Removed unneeded services from startup scripts.
Various other small system tweaks.
Added a little more green to the framework.

Changed since v8
Added old Market back (issues with 3.1.3)
Enhanced build.prop
Removed Flash 10 for speed/stability reasons (installer included if you want to reinstall it)
Fixed Facebook bug (no longer crashes when logging in)
General house cleaning and other stuff.

Changed since v7
Quicker boot time (avg 45-50 seconds)
Added better wifi driver
Added wm8650 7" netbook to changer.bat
Added stock rotation arrow back
Added a little bit more green to the framework (still some orange left though *sigh*)
Removed the default "Browser" app in favor of "Dolphin Browser Mini"
Removed "Package Manager" and "AppMonster" as they aren't needed (use settings -> applications -> manage applications)
Replaced "AdvancedTasKiller" with "Android Assistant" (more features)
Replaced LauncherPro with Zeem Launcher. (1/6th the size and much faster!)
Preconfigured Zeem launcher desktop and settings for best performance.
Added the latest Android Market (version 3.1.3)
Added a new boot logo (thanks CoffeeFreak!)
Added option to install a modified GREEN wmtlauncher.
Removed Aquarium live wallpaper and replaced with Matrix live wallpaper.
Removed about 2mb of ringtones as they weren't needed for anything.
Removed Gtalk as it was an OLD version.
Removed Google voice search (didn't work, use Bing! instead if you want voice search)
There's probably more, i just can't remember anymore. <_<

Not tested on every device, but Modroid-v9 should now support these devices (and possibly more)
1=Maylong M-250
1=MID V7 7"
1=InterToys NL Tab 7"
1=MID E18 7"
1=M009S Green LED 7"
1=TomTec Tablet 7"
2=M009S Blue LED 7"
2=Generic Netbook 7"
2=Epad GW-70 7"
2=MIDV7 Blue LED 7"
2=WinPad-C07 7"
3=M003S 8"
3=Innovatek MID 8"
4=PC-802 8"
5=BLY-806 8"
5=VIA WM8650 8"
6=M80003W 8"
7=Apex 7"
7=BLY-706F v1 7"
8=MID703 7"
8=ILC PC Tab701 7"
8=KLD-MID701 7"
8=MID710 7"
9=M010S 7"
10=M012S 8"
11=M70007T 7"
11=ViaPad M7 7"
11=VIA WM8650 7"
11=M768A 7"
11=Leader V70 7"
11=Epad GW-707 7"
12=ATF3416-7 7"
13=BLY-706F v3 7"
14=E16 5cun1603 5"
15=ED99 8cun1603 8"
16=E18 7cun1603 7"
17=ED99 8cun8900 8"
18=Ricatech/RATAB10 10"
18=TomTec 10"
19=Epad M009D (added by ohwzo.nl)
20=M013S (added by me)

Various helpful links:
Modroid not working for you? Try Uberoid
Green LED with vibrate and dual point touch 7"
Alternative Green LED env_uboot 7"
Modroid thread on the Uberoid forums
If you have wifi issues look here
If you want to play with Bluetooth and VPN look here
Eken Official Firmware for many devices

How to enable ad-hoc wifi Thanks RX Bandit!

I'd like to thank Slatedroid, Rodger, HCH, DrCheap and all the forums and users for bug reports, fixes, ideas, mirrors etc. Without all this information being shared online Modroid wouldn't be what it is today.

Download (71mb) Modroid-v10 Lite
Mirror 2 here (thanks netizenmt!)
Mirror 3 here (thanks bluestang!)
Mirror 4 here (thanks bluestang!)
Mirror 5 here (thanks bluestang!)

----------------------------------------
Older version 9
Download (74mb) Modroid-v9 LITE
Mirror 3 here (thanks bluestang!)
Mirror 4 here (thanks bluestang!)
Mirror 5 here (thanks bluestang!)
Mirror 6 here (thanks lucsp!)

-----------------------------------------
Older version v8
Download (87mb) Modroid-v8 LITE
Mirror 2 here (thanks Squirrel61!)
Mirror 3 here (thanks Squirrel61!)

------------------------------------------
Older version v7.
Download (110MB roughly) Modroid-v7 FINAL (<---with market and changer.bat fix)
Mirror 3 here (thanks funder!)
Mirror 4 here (thanks 2Damage!)

Cheers.

#424 wicknix

wicknix

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 22 September 2011 - 10:16 AM

The original angry birds works fine if you turn backgrounds off. Click the gear on the bottom left and click the mountain icon to disable it. AB will run full speed then. :)

Sent from my LG-P506 using Tapatalk
Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver...

#425 maks1m1

maks1m1

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 10:33 AM

More info please.

Which option are you using in changer.bat?
Does touch screen work at all?
Is it a newer two point touch version tablet? These don't currently seem to always work with Modroid (or rather, Modroid does not currently always work with these).

I'll stick my neck out and say that you may just need to leave the install options at their defaults (ie don't run changer.bat at all). Many of the newer "green" led versions of these tablets actually have the "blue" led parts inside. The most usual issue people have when they use a green led option on one of the new tablets is that the touch screen does not work. Read back through the thread for details.

Assuming you can get the screen sorted, you may either find that the camera then just works (ie changer.bat option is right for screen and camera) or you may find that you need to apply the camera fix mentioned by wicknix in the readme file you can find in the ROM download.

When installed in changer.bat I choose item 2, then everything works except the calibration chamber. All other items just are not installed or not working touch screen.
And tell me whether it is possible to change MAC address?

#426 DoctorDroid

DoctorDroid

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 02:12 PM

When installed in changer.bat I choose item 2, then everything works except the calibration chamber. All other items just are not installed or not working touch screen.
And tell me whether it is possible to change MAC address?

So option 2 is the default anyway and it does sound like you have a standard MID v7 with blue led internals. Why the screen calibration does not work is a mystery to me, sorry. Do you have the original firmware install? If so, you can swap the env_uboot and wmt_scriptcmd files in Modroid for those. That may well fix your issue. What firmware was on the tablet when you got it?

Changing the MAC address? Why would you even want to try this? The MAC address is the hard coded physical address of the network card. It is not like an IP address that you can set manually or use DHCP to assign dynamically.

#427 DoctorDroid

DoctorDroid

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 02:21 PM

The original angry birds works fine if you turn backgrounds off. Click the gear on the bottom left and click the mountain icon to disable it. AB will run full speed then. :)

Agree entirely with you Wicknix, but I'll add the following since you are too polite to mention it:

Modroid is a "lite" firmware and so is not full of all the bloatware found in many other firmwares. This is a good thing and Wicknix is to be congratulated on it! If you want to install extra apps, you just get them off the fully working android market. The market is now indeed fully working and you will find AB and AB rio on there (AB seasons runs like a slug on these tabs, so don't even bother with it). The only issue with the AB you can get off the market is that it is add-sponsored and I have found this detracts a bit from the full AB experience since it causes the app the "glitch" a bit as adds load. If you don't like that, read back through this thread a couple of pages and you will see links for an add-free AB you can download from a chinese app store. BTW, you can't turn off the backgrounds in AB rio like you can in AB original, but rio seems to run okay(ish) even with the backgrounds.

#428 maks1m1

maks1m1

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 03:04 PM

So option 2 is the default anyway and it does sound like you have a standard MID v7 with blue led internals. Why the screen calibration does not work is a mystery to me, sorry. Do you have the original firmware install? If so, you can swap the env_uboot and wmt_scriptcmd files in Modroid for those. That may well fix your issue. What firmware was on the tablet when you got it?

Changing the MAC address? Why would you even want to try this? The MAC address is the hard coded physical address of the network card. It is not like an IP address that you can set manually or use DHCP to assign dynamically.

The standard firmware calibration work, and the camera too. MAC need to change the address because the ISP is binding on the MAC address. What the firmware was I don `t ...

#429 wicknix

wicknix

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 23 September 2011 - 02:09 AM

Ok i should've been packing since i move on saturday, but instead i stayed up wayyyy too late and finished a v11 1.5.3 build. It's experimental currently so i don't expect anybody to try it other than the brave. After multiple attempts i finally got it working 100% on my m009s blue led clone tablet. :D

The changer.bat was removed as there are now over 60 different tablets using the wm8650 cpu. It's getting too hard to keep up. For now i suggest using your factory firmware's env_uboot and wmt_scriptcmd until i finish working on a new "changer-like" utility. If you need the changer, just pull it out of an older version of modroid (or uberoid).

For those of you with the "new" batches of m009s-2's this may or may not work with your touch screen. It *should* if you take your factory firmware's env_uboot, wmt_scriptcmd and kernel (uzImage.bin) and replace the ones in modroid with them.

Otherwise no changes from v10. The only difference is it's based on the 1.5.3 firmware/kernel and the README.txt was updated.

I'd like to hear results (good, bad, or ugly) from anyone who tries this before i make the release official and update the main page.

Download (about 72mb): Modroid-v11-lite

Cheers

#430 netizenmt

netizenmt

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 04:05 AM

Ok i should've been packing since i move on saturday, but instead i stayed up wayyyy too late and finished a v11 1.5.3 build. It's experimental currently so i don't expect anybody to try it other than the brave. After multiple attempts i finally got it working 100% on my m009s blue led clone tablet. :D

The changer.bat was removed as there are now over 60 different tablets using the wm8650 cpu. It's getting too hard to keep up. For now i suggest using your factory firmware's env_uboot and wmt_scriptcmd until i finish working on a new "changer-like" utility. If you need the changer, just pull it out of an older version of modroid (or uberoid).

For those of you with the "new" batches of m009s-2's this may or may not work with your touch screen. It *should* if you take your factory firmware's env_uboot, wmt_scriptcmd and kernel (uzImage.bin) and replace the ones in modroid with them.

Otherwise no changes from v10. The only difference is it's based on the 1.5.3 firmware/kernel and the README.txt was updated.

I'd like to hear results (good, bad, or ugly) from anyone who tries this before i make the release official and update the main page.
T
Download (about 72mb): Modroid-v11-lite

Cheers

Downloading now... I'll let you know how it goes! <fingers crossed>

EDIT:

At first, no joy... like every other ROM based on 1.5.3, I couldn't get a wifi connection. But then I decided to try wicknix's suggestion and replaced the env_uboot, wmt_scriptcmd and the kernel (uzImage.bin) with the ones from Modroid v10. That worked ! Then I wondered if the problem was in the kernel, and if so, what am I really running if I have a tablet that says I am running 1.5.3 but using the kernel from a ROM running 1.5.1? I decided to put the v11 kernel back in place and see if I could still get a WiFi connection... and... (waiting on the first boot up...)... waiting... NOPE !! No WiFi.

So the whole problem lies in the kernel iteslf, specifically the uzImage.bin file.

Edited by netizenmt, 23 September 2011 - 09:20 AM.

#431 netizenmt

netizenmt

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 04:22 AM

This would be my preferred firmware except for one thing - looks around to see if anyone's listening - no stock Angry Birds!! Sorry but the kids love it and the version bundled with Singularity is the only one I've found that doesn't run like a dog! Is it possible to extricate Angry Birds from Singularity? Or is there any chance of a Modroid-v10-AB with it included?

OK - here's the version that was embedded in Singularity v5 - enjoy.

#432 AdyCarter

AdyCarter

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 08:40 AM

Hello there, this post may come across as overly dumb, but if someone could help it would be appreciated.

I recently purchased this which as far as I can tell is the WM8650/N009S/Whatever

As the stock rom on it is horrific I attempted to use Modroid V10, however every single option I tried in Launcher.bat resulted in the same thing, an everlasting Modroid loading screen.

I then decided to use this which appears to me to be a version of Modroid V7?

It works fine but been a stickler for having the "latest" versions of everything and as SD card read/write speed seems horrificly slow I'm quite keen to get MoDroid V10 working on it.

Now as its been a couple of days and I've got a few apps/bits of data etc Im debating trying to update to Modroid v10 again, this time using the above linked firmwares env_uboot and wmt_scriptcmd files.

So my questions are:
Would this be likely to work? (using the above linked "working" firmwares env_uboot and wmt_scriptcmd files to attempt once more to get Modroid V10)
Does this wipe everything off the tablet, more or less returning it to the day I took it out of the box
Is there any obvious reason why I couldnt get past the Modroid loading screen using any of the changer.bat options?

For what its worth, I have a green LED, Red when charging, headphone jack, seemingly no vibrate and just a single touch point screen. Came in a white box with a magnetic flap and "MID" stamped all over it.

#433 Monty Zoomer

Monty Zoomer

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 09:31 AM

No joy I am afraid although I could get these working in V10 by selecting option 19 I think it was

#434 AdyCarter

AdyCarter

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 02:23 PM

You'll be pleased to know I answered my own question and yes that works.

However I have an issue with wallpapers, whatever I set, even if I abandon the regular method and try using Wallpaper Wizardrii which everyone seems to recommnded, reverts to an odd size after a reboot.

I can't even get the stock wallpaper to reapply and not be horrendously distorted.

What obvious thing am I missing here?

Edited by AdyCarter, 23 September 2011 - 02:24 PM.

#435 wicknix

wicknix

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 23 September 2011 - 02:46 PM

Netiz: interesting. I was wondering that myself.

Ady: glad it works for you. When you set wallpaper you'll see an orange box around the image. Grab the lower orange box and drag it all the way down so that most of the image is in the box. Then set. It should look normal after that.

Cheers

#436 AdyCarter

AdyCarter

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 03:07 PM

I'm glad the update worked too, its impressively faster and a great improvement on an already fantastic mod.

Wallpaper still re-resizes itself on sleep, rotate or reboot sadly. Your default one when it was there always stayed filling the screen when the tab was horizontal and then showed a section of it when vertical, any I set fill temporarily when horizontal but as soon as the orientation changes they all go weird.

Edit: Now they work again :/

I give up, I'll live without wallpaper :D

Edited by AdyCarter, 23 September 2011 - 03:09 PM.

#437 seriouslycgi

seriouslycgi

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:50 PM

Gahh im trying this today, damn you wicknix, i hate having to put in passwords and backup apps, notes etc but its sooooo worth it everytime.

Again, everything works perfectly. A Thousand thank you's. About time you had a break between releases, do you think any further improvements can be achieved, or cosmetic only?

Edited by seriouslycgi, 23 September 2011 - 11:16 PM.

#438 seriouslycgi

seriouslycgi

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 11:20 PM

I'm glad the update worked too, its impressively faster and a great improvement on an already fantastic mod.

Wallpaper still re-resizes itself on sleep, rotate or reboot sadly. Your default one when it was there always stayed filling the screen when the tab was horizontal and then showed a section of it when vertical, any I set fill temporarily when horizontal but as soon as the orientation changes they all go weird.

Edit: Now they work again :/

I give up, I'll live without wallpaper :D

I think i had the same problem, i just got a wallpaper app from market.

#439 DoctorDroid

DoctorDroid

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 03:57 AM

I don't use mine much for vids, mostly its an organizer , web browser and remote for xbmc.

I used moboplayer, but I'm sure there's lighter apps.

Revisiting this topic because I've been playing with some videos on the tab for my kids to watch in the car. The provided video player has some good features. It has a *very* small footprint and it plays avi vids perfectly. However, it does not support (AFAICT) playing vids in sequence. When a vid ends, it goes back to the list. For films and for grown-up use, this is no great issue. However, for kids this results in the inevitable "Dad...." every 10 minutes. Hence, looked at some others. Tried Moboplayer, but it is a monster size-wise and actually does not (for me) support playing vids in sequence. It says it does and has a setting to allow this. Just does not work on my tab....

Others that I have tried and like are mVideoPlayer and Zimly (both on the Market). I am undecided between these two at present. Zimly has a bit bigger footprint (4.8MB compared to 2.75MB for mVideoPlayer). Both will play vids in sequence and both have a fair number of settings that can be altered (however, defaults seem fine for me generally).

#440 DoctorDroid

DoctorDroid

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 04:22 AM

The standard firmware calibration work, and the camera too. MAC need to change the address because the ISP is binding on the MAC address. What the firmware was I don `t ...

If the supplied firmware has these functions, then the usual route would be to take the critical parts from that install (assuming you have access to the install files for that - which it sounds like you don't) and use those to replace the Modroid install files of the same name. If you don't have access to the original firmware, you won't be able to do that. I can only suggest trying various other firmwares and doing lots of Googling to see if you find answers. You could also try contacting the supplier of your tablet to ask them about a download source of their firmware that you could extract the various files from. Removing the supplied firmware and putting on a third party firmware always comes with the risk of things not working....

Regarding the MAC address, it is (as far as I know) hard coded into the WIFI stick and so unless you can somehow modify the operating system to mask it and display another MAC address, you can't change it. However, surely your wireless router is your AP for your network and so the MAC address of that is what your ISP sees.... maybe I am not understanding your setup. Does your tablet have 3G capability? Are you talking about trying to use this tablet on another 3G account? If so, I have no idea how you could do that. I don't use 3G.

Edited by DoctorDroid, 25 September 2011 - 08:06 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users