762 replies to this topic

#1 wicknix

wicknix

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 07 August 2011 - 09:11 PM

Here it is. The latest 1.5.3 firmware release of Modroid.

Posted Image

Modroid-v11 is based on Eken's 1.5.3 firmware
Installation and Tips document updated (PLEASE READ IT!)
Fully Rooted
Removed Stock ROM garbage apps
Custom modified green framework
Apps2sd working
Android Market
Hosts file to block most in app ads and website ads
Increased volume output and microphone gain
Added Live Wallpaper support
Removed 0 byte files left over from removed stock applications
Borrowed and modified Uberoids "changer.bat" so that Modroid could support more devices more easily.

Changed since v10
Nothing other than being based on 1.5.3 firmware.

Changed since v9
Removed ALL wmt apps (music browser, recorder, video browser etc) and replaced with similar apps.
Reconfigured zeem launcher to have more columns and rows by default.
Changed default wallpaper.
Improved boot logo a little bit.
Added default "browser" app back.
Improved SD card read/write speeds.
Removed unneeded services from startup scripts.
Various other small system tweaks.
Added a little more green to the framework.

Changed since v8
Added old Market back (issues with 3.1.3)
Enhanced build.prop
Removed Flash 10 for speed/stability reasons (installer included if you want to reinstall it)
Fixed Facebook bug (no longer crashes when logging in)
General house cleaning and other stuff.

Changed since v7
Quicker boot time (avg 45-50 seconds)
Added better wifi driver
Added wm8650 7" netbook to changer.bat
Added stock rotation arrow back
Added a little bit more green to the framework (still some orange left though *sigh*)
Removed the default "Browser" app in favor of "Dolphin Browser Mini"
Removed "Package Manager" and "AppMonster" as they aren't needed (use settings -> applications -> manage applications)
Replaced "AdvancedTasKiller" with "Android Assistant" (more features)
Replaced LauncherPro with Zeem Launcher. (1/6th the size and much faster!)
Preconfigured Zeem launcher desktop and settings for best performance.
Added the latest Android Market (version 3.1.3)
Added a new boot logo (thanks CoffeeFreak!)
Added option to install a modified GREEN wmtlauncher.
Removed Aquarium live wallpaper and replaced with Matrix live wallpaper.
Removed about 2mb of ringtones as they weren't needed for anything.
Removed Gtalk as it was an OLD version.
Removed Google voice search (didn't work, use Bing! instead if you want voice search)
There's probably more, i just can't remember anymore. <_<

Not tested on every device, but Modroid should now support these devices (and possibly more)
1=Maylong M-250
1=MID V7 7"
1=InterToys NL Tab 7"
1=MID E18 7"
1=M009S Green LED 7"
1=TomTec Tablet 7"
2=M009S Blue LED 7"
2=Generic Netbook 7"
2=Epad GW-70 7"
2=MIDV7 Blue LED 7"
2=WinPad-C07 7"
3=M003S 8"
3=Innovatek MID 8"
4=PC-802 8"
5=BLY-806 8"
5=VIA WM8650 8"
6=M80003W 8"
7=Apex 7"
7=BLY-706F v1 7"
8=MID703 7"
8=ILC PC Tab701 7"
8=KLD-MID701 7"
8=MID710 7"
9=M010S 7"
10=M012S 8"
11=M70007T 7"
11=ViaPad M7 7"
11=VIA WM8650 7"
11=M768A 7"
11=Leader V70 7"
11=Epad GW-707 7"
12=ATF3416-7 7"
13=BLY-706F v3 7"
14=E16 5cun1603 5"
15=ED99 8cun1603 8"
16=E18 7cun1603 7"
17=ED99 8cun8900 8"
18=Ricatech/RATAB10 10"
18=TomTec 10"
19=Epad M009D (added by ohwzo.nl)
20=M013S (added by me)

Various helpful links:
Modroid not working for you? Try Uberoid
Green LED with vibrate and dual point touch 7"
Alternative Green LED env_uboot 7"
Modroid thread on the Uberoid forums
If you have wifi issues look here
If you want to play with Bluetooth and VPN look here
Eken Official Firmware for many devices

How to enable ad-hoc wifi Thanks RX Bandit!

I'd like to thank Slatedroid, Rodger, HCH, DrCheap and all the forums and users for bug reports, fixes, ideas, mirrors etc. Without all this information being shared online Modroid wouldn't be what it is today.

Download (72mb) Modroid-v11 Lite (1.5.3 firmware)
Mirror 2 here (thanks netizenmt!)

---------------------------------------

Download (71mb) Modroid-v10 Lite (1.5.1 firmware)
Mirror 3 here (thanks bluestang!)
Mirror 4 here (thanks bluestang!)
Mirror 5 here (thanks bluestang!)

----------------------------------------
Older version 9
Download (74mb) Modroid-v9 LITE (1.5.1 firmware)
Mirror 3 here (thanks bluestang!)
Mirror 4 here (thanks bluestang!)
Mirror 5 here (thanks bluestang!)
Mirror 6 here (thanks lucsp!)

-----------------------------------------
Older version v8
Download (87mb) Modroid-v8 LITE (1.5.1 firmware)
Mirror 2 here (thanks Squirrel61!)
Mirror 3 here (thanks Squirrel61!)

------------------------------------------
Older version v7.
Download (110MB roughly) Modroid-v7 FINAL (1.5.1 firmware)
Mirror 3 here (thanks funder!)
Mirror 4 here (thanks 2Damage!)

Cheers.

Edited by wicknix, 28 September 2011 - 12:51 AM.

• Citrunen, Thiago Bazzi, peopleplanter and 1 other like this
Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver...

#2 Citrunen

Citrunen

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 03:33 AM

Nice and keep up the good work :drinks:

#3 reign0r

reign0r

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 05:23 AM

will try it today. thanks for the update

#4 Joe G.

Joe G.

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 07:47 AM

Couldn't resist not trying it. Chose option 1, since I have a Greenie. No work. Only option 2 for the BLUE LED would work on my GREEN LED M009S from Merimobiles. I know I'm not color blind, but I have not ruled out someone in the assembly line that could not tell the difference between a Green and a Blue LED! Funny and amazing.

Now, I'm seeing an ever so slight performance difference between 6.5 and 7, with the latter being a bit less snappier.

Also, if I could get some assistance in the removal of the "restore" files I would certainly appreciate it. I think, since the ROM is already rooted all I need is connect to a PC. Is it ok to delete the folder "restore" or only its contents?

Bottom line: this is an amazing ROM with a collective effort put into it directly by Winknix, but indirectly by Singularity, DrCheap, Uberoid, et. al. Thanks Winknix!!! Superb achievement from your visually abled friend, Joe

#5 wim-nl

wim-nl

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 08:08 AM

Is it ok to remove:

\FirmwareInstall\packages\fs_patch\data_patch\app\com.google.android.apps.googlevoice-1.apk
\FirmwareInstall\packages\fs_patch\data_patch\app\com.microsoft.mobileexperiences.bing-1.apk

and

\FirmwareInstall\packages\fs_patch\data_patch\data\com.google.android.apps.googlevoice
\FirmwareInstall\packages\fs_patch\data_patch\data\com.microsoft.mobileexperiences.bing

to remove this software from the V7 rom, or is there more to it ?

Wim

#6 wicknix

wicknix

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 08 August 2011 - 08:09 AM

Yeah it's probably going to get harder finding working env_uboot scripts as these devices get mass produced by a number of different manufacturers with slight hardware variances . As for removing the .restore file, just flash the device with modroid, boot the unit, open "root explorer" and give it root access when it asks, then when it opens it will show the listing of /. At the top of the / directory is the .restore folder, just select (and hold it) until the menu pops up. Choose delete. :good:

Cheers

#7 cutieprince

cutieprince

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 09:01 AM

hello! thanks wicknix for the new rom! but i am having a hardtime on downloading it from filefactory, could someone upload it please to another site,,, pretty please, i wanna try it now, :)) thanks in advance!

#8 Joe G.

Joe G.

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 09:20 AM

And don't forget, I think there are those who are mass producing these that see Blue LEDs as Green. ha... Thank you for that advise on removing the restore file.

#9 stuartmc

stuartmc

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 10:34 AM

Thanks for this was abuout to give up as I had so much problems with Titanium. Can you please explain this in a bit more detail, what exactly do I need to do.

"If Titanium Backup gives you problems try this:
If you go into settings and change the app processing mode to indirect it will solve the freeze issue. (thanks COSA44 for the tip!)"

Thanks for all your hard work.

#10 Joe G.

Joe G.

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 11:26 AM

Deleting .restore..... done! Thanks. Just a word of appreciation for one of the very useful apps . . . cache cleaner. Great app and one that needs to be on a small footprint device such as the M009s. Thanks. Use it all the time and it bringing some "spring" to the little guy's step! Thanks again for your great ROM, wicknix.

#11 pink thing

pink thing

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 12:33 PM

JoeG,

I'm asking this because you appear to have the same model as me. Did you delete the env_uboot and rename the 'green-novibrate' env_uboot?..or did you leave the original file there?

#12 juska

juska

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 01:31 PM

Hi,

and thanks for another great ROM!

My problem is that I cant get full market working, although I have tried flushing several times.

When doing the flush, at the first step, should I log in to the market using my google account? Or does the 'let it fully load' mean just opening the market until it asks for the login information?

Secondly, how can I get Google Maps to the device?

I have a green-led MID V7 from merimobiles.

Ps. I did not like the .bat file in this rom. That can be run only in windows!

#13 Squirrel61

Squirrel61

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 02:01 PM

Thank you for this excellent firmware! Finally a firmware that really makes my MID v7 move. Even Angry Birds is playable now! I've tried many firmwares, including Vestinious, Singularity, Modroid v6.5 and Uberoid and this is the first firmware that is able to run games in an acceptable way.

BTW I have a MID v7 with a green LED, but from all firmwares I tried, I have to use the BLUE LED version, just as Joe G. discovered. It seems there is a manufacturer who produces MIDs with the blue LED internals, but mounts a green LED instead.

Just because I wanted to know, I tried the green LED version and it hangs during boot. The blue LED version runs perfectly well, including sound, wifi and everything without tweaks needed.

Only remark is that the change.bat exits with an error, but only after it has finished what it should do. So the error is a pure cosmetic problem. Just add a "eof" label at the end of the .bat and you're good to go.

[edit] It seems I was a bit too enthousiastic. After it entered and exited sleep mode one time, my wifi is now broken. It detects all networks in my neighbourhood, but can't connect to any. I'm now digging through the solutions mentioned in the first post.

Edited by Squirrel61, 08 August 2011 - 03:21 PM.

Looking for an electronics repair service in The Netherlands?
Spelcomputers Flevoland
For repair of PSP, NDS, Wii, PS3, Computers, Laptops, Cell Phones and much more.

#14 funder

funder

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth,UK

Posted 08 August 2011 - 03:28 PM

changer.bat not working for me with option 20,I had to do as 6.5 and add the files manually.
changer.bat in uberoid works fine so I dont know why its not working
am also having the same problems as Juska regarding the market flush.
any ideas?

#15 Joe G.

Joe G.

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 04:28 PM

pink thing: No. All I have done with the new v7 ROM is run option 2. I have a Greenie which runs on the Blue LED option. Hope that helps.

Edited by Joe G., 08 August 2011 - 04:30 PM.

#16 pink thing

pink thing

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 05:24 PM

Thanks Joe. I'll give it a try in a few days. I see what you mean about the green/blue thing. Maybe that's why Singularity worked when it shouldn't have ;)

#17 Badazz

Badazz

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 07:50 PM

Hey Wicknix nice to see another update. What exactly did you change from 6.5? and what happened to the old thread or am I just missing it?

#18 CoffeeFreak

CoffeeFreak

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationBoykins Virginia

Posted 08 August 2011 - 08:46 PM

Here it is. The latest and last release of Modroid (unless Eken releases a Gingerbread or Honeycomb based firmware).

-Edited for space-

Download (112MB roughly) Modroid-v7 FINAL

Cheers.

If BING! force closes, it just needs to be reinstalled. First uninstall Bing!, then reinstall it. Grab it here

Bah! Google voice needs to be reinstalled also. First uninstall, then reinstall. Grab it here

Thanks wicknix,

I haven't tried it yet but even if it doesn't work I think you earned a pound of fresh roasted coffee for your hard work.
PM me your address and I'll send you one.

Edited by CoffeeFreak, 08 August 2011 - 08:54 PM.

______________ Mike

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER - POWER TO THE PEOPLE

#19 wicknix

wicknix

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 08 August 2011 - 09:05 PM

Thanks for the initial bug reports. I've uploaded a new v7 with the fixed changer.bat and a fully working market so new users don't have to modify anything. Seems google finally limited the generic devices on what was available on the market. I went ahead and changed Modroid to mimic my cell phone (LG Thrive) and all is well again from what i can tell. I can now find facebook and skype again which i couldn't before.

If you don't need the changer.bat fix and want to edit your own build.prop there is no need to download the fixed version, just change your build.prop to this: (mimics a samsung galaxy tab)

ro.product.model=GT-P1000
ro.product.brand=samsung
ro.product.name=GT-P1000
ro.product.device=GT-P1000
ro.product.board=
ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi
ro.product.manufacturer=samsung
Then reboot, run market, sign in, do the market flush, and reboot.

@wim-nl: Yes you can safely remove them if you don't want them. Those particular apps won't harm anything if removed.

@stuartmc: I should have worded that better... Go into Titaniums settings and change the app processing mode to indirect.

@juska & funder: See above :) (and yes log in to market first, then do the flush)

@Squirrel61: Glad you like it. Not sure what the issue might be with sleep/hibernate and wifi, never used it myself. I use the tab until it dies and recharge and use it some more. :D

@Badazz: Changes listed in the first post, and the 6.5 thread is no longer pinned, so it's further down in the forum thread listing now.

Cheers.

Edited by wicknix, 08 August 2011 - 11:35 PM.

#20 Shahhere

Shahhere

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 10:21 PM

Thanks for the initial bug reports. I've uploaded a new v7 with the fixed changer.bat and a fully working market so new users don't have to modify anything. Seems google finally limited the generic devices on what was available on the market. I went ahead and changed Modroid to mimic my cell phone (LG Thrive) and all is well again from what i can tell. I can now find facebook and skype again which i couldn't before.

If you don't need the changer.bat fix and want to edit your own build.prop there is no need to download the fixed version, just change your build.prop to this: (mimics a samsung galaxy tab)

ro.product.model=GT-P1000
ro.product.brand=samsung
ro.product.name=GT-P1000
ro.product.device=GT-P1000
ro.product.board=
ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi
ro.product.manufacturer=samsung
Then reboot, run market, sign in, do the market flush, and reboot.

@wim-nl: Yes you can safely remove them if you don't want them. Those particular apps won't harm anything if removed.

@stuartmc: I should have worded that better... Go into Titaniums settings and change the app processing mode to indirect.
c
@juska & funder: See above :)

@Squirrel61: Glad you like it. Not sure what the issue might be with sleep/hibernate and wifi, never used it myself. I use the tab until it dies and recharge and use it some more. :D

@Badazz: Changes listed in the first post, and the 6.5 thread is no longer pinned, so it's further down in the forum thread listing now.

Cheers.

Are the changes to Changer.bat and the market fix the only 2 changes in the "New" V7?

1) I have the generic Blue LED device so I can just copy the wmt_scriptcmd file and I dont need to do the whole changer.bat bit, correct?
2) I already did the market fix you noted above so again nothing else needed by me, correct?

Thanks,

Shahhere

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users