Android Tablets Forum banner

Foot Pedal - Page Down

6K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  guitar geek 
#1 ·
HELP Please!
I use my tablet to display my music when playing my guitar. All of my music is in .pdf files. I use adobe to view them. I currently have to use it in the portrait mode. Unfortunately my eyesight is getting worse. I need to put the tablet in the landscape mode to make the text bigger but now I need to use page down and up to scroll through the song. I bought a pedal called Cicada by page flip. It is very nice and has lots of options. Unfortunately it does not appear that the Android system does not support page up or down. The foot pedal supports the following options. Page Up and Page Down, left and right arrow, up and down arrow, space bar and enter key, left and right mouse button. Everything appears to work except page up and page down. I can use the up and down arrow to move up and down in the song but it is too slow when you are trying to play an instrument. The same thing happens when I try to use a keyboard attached to my tablet. I am running FB 7.1. I have looked at other pedals and none of them state that they work with android.

Can the Android be remapped to use the page up and page down?

I have used button re-mapper from the market but this does not allow you to substitute the page up or down keys. I have used keynumber tracker to determine what code is being sent when the pedal uses the page up and down buttons.

Can anyone tell me how to remap the android?

Or better yet since I am not a programer is there an application that will do this for me?

I know that there are lots of people just waiting for this problem to be fixed. ipad users don't have this problem.

See less See more
#3 ·
Update.....
I have found a solution
Some of my songs are set up to work best with a page up/page down. For those songs I use ezPDF 1.94 @ android market.
The developers are in Korea, but they have been VERY quick with two of my requests for changes. They NOW have page up/down working correctly. Unfortunatly, they have the arrow up and arrow down buttons wired in reverse and they are moving the page up and page down instead of just one line at a time. I have asked them to fix this but I have not heard anything from them. The arrow up and down buttons should move up or down one line at a time. I don't know if they are looking for more people to request a change or what. For those songs that need a line move rather than a whole page I use Adobe. I really am very happy with my Cicada.
I really think ezPDF is a great program. It even lets you add notes on the fly.
If you try ezpdf, I hope you will consider sending a message to the developer to fix the up and down arrows.
Hope this helps you. Good luck.

Keep playin' till it hurts than play some more.......

Guitar Geek

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.