Custom Android 2.2 (Froyo) rom for Hannspree Hannspad
If you're new to custom roms, check out Dolphine's guide here
Based on the work done in the following roms:
Tap 'n' Tap
- Zeam launcher
- Stock android taskbar
- Stock android settings
- Hardware acceleration
- Full Android market (After market fix below)
- Honeycomb music player
- Duomax's divx ac3 playback fix
- Volume louder than TnT Lite
- It's quick and stable!
New stock kernel build
Updated framework files included
Removed non-working apk's intalled in 0.3.1
Build.prop updated slightly
Fixed stretched default wallpaper
Updated Zeam to latest version
Zeam has its default file name market updates may work now (need to wait on a new release to test it)
Updated build.prop to walkerx's latest version
Added /sdcard2 and /usbdisk to mount points so all storage shows up in settings
Included Multi Mount SD-Card Lite widget to mount /sdcard2 as usb mass storage (must use its widget)
Internal sdcard nomedia fix - stops files on the internal sdcard from being deleted
Added gTabWallPaper app
Minor update to include market fix
Initial public release
- Google apps accounts can now sign in after signing in with a normal google account, however now sync options will be shown (normal google accounts working fine)
- Wifi light not working
- Some users report issues with the device being unable to wake from sleep while others seem unaffected
- Files on /sdcard2 may get deleted on reboot due to a fatal flaw in the version of android Tap 'n' Tap is based on, workaround below
Assuming you have CWM already installed, make a backup of any installed apps you don't want to lose.
You still need to do the market fix (detailed below - "Market Fix Only") after installing the update!
1. Copy to sdcard root
2. Reboot in CWM
3. Delete data/factory reset is recommended
4. Install zip the usual way
Give it a few minutes to settle after the first boot as the media scanner runs straight away and might make it feel sluggish. It takes a second for Zeam Launcher to pop into life too.
0.3.1 includes the latest market fix
After setting up wifi and adding a Google account:
1. Go to "Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> All -> GoogleServicesFramework" and press "Clear data" then "Force close"
2. You can do the same with the Market EXCEPT "Clear cache" NOT "Clear data" - although I never had to do this
3. Reboot straight away
4. Wait for WiFi to connect and open Market, if it gives you a server error, reboot again
Please try and keep this thread clear of honeycomb questions, there are others on the forums and no, I am not currently developing a honeycomb rom!
roebeet + gojimi for their work on the original roms
Nosferatu Alucard for the honeycomb music player
duomax for the ac3 libs
boot animation from droidpirate.com
walkerx for help with the build.prop for the market fix/gazbert for his original findings
Everyone else who's reported issues or gave compliments, it all helps
Note that this update will remove the previous non-working mount widget and gtabwallpaper application
0.4 Update from 0.3.1
You must have 0.3.1 installed first!
HannsTitan v0.4 Update
Please save my bandwidth and only download the full rom if you need to, the link above will update your rom from previous versions of HannsTitan
0.4: HannsTitan v0.4
Important note if you are using an external SD card
Download and extract the file linked in this post to the root of your external sdcard. By root I mean not in any folders. You do not need to do this to the internal sdcard as the 0.3.1 update installs this automatically.
- If you wish to mount your external usb storage to copy files to and from your computer, it will be necessary to download an app from the market to do it, have a look on the market for "usb mount widget" or something similar to help you. This is due to a limitation of android and not a bug in this rom.
- Yes, you still have to do the market fix
- Yes, HDMI out does work fine, if it doesn't work for you check if your TV supports 1080p
- The rom has all android telephony related files removed Settings > About > Status does not work for this reason
- This rom uses the stock Tap 'n' Tap ui kernel, it does not support overclocking!
- External SD Cards are mounted as /sdcard2, if the kernel ever supports USB OTG usb hard drives are mounted as /usbdisk
- Titan uses Zeam Launcher because it is lightweight, you can replace this with anything you like, you are not stuck with it
- Recent apps popup is by and large caused by a smudge or heavy fingerprint on the Home softbutton, try cleaning it
- If you post an issue try and leave as much detail as possible, including steps on how to reproduce the issue! Just posting "my screen freezes" isn't helpful in the slightest, thanks!
Edited by alpha232, 15 September 2011 - 04:02 PM.