PD Nova R70F400/R70F452 (v1.5 epub) User Guide Mirrored here. Thanks Mark Adams!
- 7” ActivetouchTM Digital TFT LCD: Resolution 600x800 pixels
- Device Dimensions: Outer case: 5.25”w x 7.5”h Weight: 13.7 oz.
- Android OS: Version 2.3.4
- Compatible Media Sources: Up to 32GB microSD (SDHC) card
- 2 cameras, front 0.3MP and back 1.3MP
- Mini USB 2.0 Host/OTG
- Internal Storage: 4GB
- Wireless: Wi-Fi (802.11 B/G/N)
- HDMI output port - D type female connector
- Battery: Li-ion rechargeable 3400mAh, 3.7V
- Built-in microphone
- Built-in stereo speaker
- Stereo-mini earphone jack
- 7” Pandigital Nova Tablet eReader
- AC Adapter
- USB Cable
- Quick Start Guide
- User Guide (preloaded in device)
Compatible File Formats
- eBooks = EPUB, PDF
- Photos = JPG, JPEG, BMP, PNG, non-animated GIF
- Audios = MP3, WAV, AAC
- Videos = Codecs supported: MPEG4, H.264, H.263, WMV, DivX HD/XviD, VC-1. File formats supported: 3GP, AVI, FLV, 3GPP, MOV, MP4, 3G2
OfficeSuite Compatible File Formats
- Word = DOC, DOCX
- Excel = XLS, XLSX, CSV
- Power Point = PPT, PPS, PPTX, PPSX
- Text = TXT, PDF
Power Button Usage
Turn On: Press and hold the power button 3 seconds.
Turn Off: Press and hold the power button for 3 seconds tap Power off OK to confirm the power off.
Sleep Mode On/Off (energy saver): To save battery energy, while the unit is on you can turn sleep mode on/off by pressing & releasing the power button quickly.
To unlock the screen after power on or after sleep mode, finger-slide the Unlock bar towards the Sound bar .
Turn Sound Off/On: You can quickly and conveniently turn the device sounds off/on by sliding the Sound bar towards the Unlock bar . When sounds are off, the Sound bar changes to . Slide again to turn the sounds back on.
Reset device: In the event that the device does not respond to your touch, you can reboot/restart it by pressing and holding the power button for 6 seconds.
LED Green: Beginning power on; goes off after 6-8 seconds.
LED off: Device is on or off.
Red LED on: Device is off or in sleep mode, connected to power adapter charging battery.
Navigation Buttons The navigation buttons at the bottom of the device can be used as follows:
Home: to return to the Home screen from any app. Press and hold to display the most recent apps you launched, then simply tap on an app icon to re-launch.
Menu: Display the Home screen Function Menu. Display individual application Menu options.
Return: Return to previous screens. Clear pop-up menus. In the Reader, turns pages back.
Search: Perform a quick web search. In the Reader, turns pages forward.
Tap = simple touch and release of your finger.
Touch & hold = touch your finger and hold in place until a response by the application.
To open a menu for customizing the Home screen, touch and hold in an empty area on the screen until the menu appears. If the menu does not appear, you may have reached the maximum number of items on the Home screen. You can slide the Home screen horizontally to expose available blank space and then try again.
Touch & drag = touch & hold an item for a moment, and without lifting your finger, move your finger on the screen until you reach the target position.
Finger-slide = quick light touch & slide your finger across the screen and release.
Pinch-Screen Zoom This device supports the “pinch-screen” zoom feature to zoom in and out on application screens.
Zoom in: Spread finger and thumb, place on screen and “pinch” together.
Zoom out: Place finger and thumb together on screen and slide apart.
* Not all applications support the Pinch-Screen zoom feature.
microSD (SDHC) Card: The device supports up to 32GB microSD (SDHC) cards.
Accessories & Peripherals: The device’s miniUSB-OTG port supports many USB accessories and peripherals (i.e., keyboards, mouse) that you can purchase locally where electronics are sold.
1. Notification icons (i.e., Email, SD card, downloads, etc.). Finger-slide down on the notification to view the details, then tap on a detail listing to access corresponding application.
2. Wi-Fi connection status/ Battery charge level status /Indicates Alarms are activated / Current Date and Time
3. Widgets (i.e., Web Search) and Shortcuts can be added to the Home screen.
4. The My Books widget shows two most recently read books, and the most recently read magazine and newspaper. Simply tap on a cover to open the media file again.
5. The My Wi-Fi widget allows quick access to set up and connect to a local Wi-Fi network. After successful connection, simply tap the globe icon to launch the browser.
6. Dots on left and right side of screen indicate the visible screen of the 5 available screens. Tap the left or right dots (or finger-slide the screen) to display extended screens.
** Touch & hold [the grid icon] to pop up thumbnails of all 5 screens. Tap on a screen to display it.
7. Settings quick launch icon.
8. Applications screen quick launch icon.
9. Browser quick launch icon.
- Tap on any application icon or widget to launch it.
- Touch, hold and slide icons or widgets to reposition them on the screen.
- Touch, hold and slide icons onto [the trashcan] to remove them from the Home screen. Removed application icons remain on the Applications screen allowing you to copy them back onto the Home screen later if desired.
On the Home screen, tap [The grid icon] to access the Applications screen. As you add third party applications later, you may need to finger-slide the screen vertically to see more application icons that are not visible on the screen.
AppInstaller Use to install and uninstall third party AndroidTM applications.
Barnes & Noble Shop on the Barnes & Noble Bookstore, download purchased media, and access My Library.
Browser Access the Internet and ‘surf the web’ whenever desired.
Calculator Use the calculator for basic math equations. (+ - x ÷).
Calendar Display monthly calendar and schedule events.
Camera Use front or back built-in camera to take pictures or videos.
Clock Digital clock screen with scheduled alarms functionality.
Dictionary Quick access to the built-in dictionary.
Downloads View history of items you’ve downloaded from websites. You can also open and delete downloads.
Email Send/Receive email using your existing email addresses.
ES File Explorer ~ View and manage files and apps, and backup files to your SD card. You can also use for installing third party AndroidTM applications.
Facebook ~ Quick access to the Facebook website.
Firmware Update Update the device firmware.
Gallery View and manage photo files (JPG, JPEG, BMP, PNG, non-animated GIF). Play and manage MPEG4 video files.
GetJar Market offering free and purchasable third party AndroidTM applications.
HDMI Switch Set the HDMI resolution for the HDMI connection to view videos on your TV (cable not included).
InTouch Quick connect and view your Facebook, Twitter, Gmail, and RSS news feed data all in one easy place.
Music Play and manage audio files (MP3, WAV and AAC).
Notes Convenient and quick way to write yourself notes using the keypad or drawing with your finger.
OfficeSuite Viewer ~ Open and view files of the following formats: DOC, DOCX, TXT, XLS, XLSX, CSV, PPT, PPTX, PPS, PPSX and PDF
Search Quickly perform a web search.
Settings Set many settings for personalizing and enhancing the device as desired.
U Player View popular YouTube videos.
Video Player Used for playing additional video formats not supported by the Gallery and ES File Explorer media players.
Weather Check the weather forecasts for locations of your choice. Set up multiple locations for quick viewing.
Anyone interested in updating and adding to the Pandigital Wiki, Please send Mark Adams a PM to request access.