Android Tablets Forum banner

[ROM] - MID V8 - Modroid-v7 FINAL by wicknix based on 1.5.1

47K views 31 replies 16 participants last post by  rkddharshana 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
STOP
Advanced and Potentially Dangerous Topic
Only proceed if you are completely comfortable with whatever outcome may happen.
(good, bad, or ugly)
This will FORMAT and WIPE your device
[hr]
This thread is for the discussion of Full System Images for the MID V8.
Link: Merimobiles.com - MID V8
[hr]

MID V7 - Firmware Update Video - www.merimobiles.com
by: MrTasselhof

MID V8 - First Review - Custom ROM - Modroid V7
by: MrTasselhof

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvvwbNrb8eU

[hr]

TESTED and PROVEN - WOOT!
This ROM was created by wicknix for the Eken M009S
- USE THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!

A BIG Thank You goes out to wicknix who has done a GREAT job tweaking the EKEN M009S AKA MID V7..

I have tweaked his MID V7 version to work on the MID V8 per the instructions provided by Diskotekno
- Thanks Diskotekno
I have re-bundled specifically for the MID V8
- I have also added some additional programs.

Download Link: Mediafire.com - MID V8 - Modroid-v7 FINAL

- Alternate Link: Dropbox.com - MIDV8-Modroid-v7.rar

Here it is. The latest and last release of Modroid (unless Eken releases a Gingerbread or Honeycomb based firmware).

Based on the latest 1.5.1 firmware
Installation and Tips document updated
Fully Rooted
Removed Stock ROM garbage apps
Custom modified framework (has been reworked and sized properly now)
Apps2sd working
Real Android Market
Hosts file to block most in app ads and website ads
Increased volume output and microphone gain
Removed wmt MyPhoto and replaced with QuickPic (slideshow now works again)
Added Live Wallpaper support and 1 aquarium live wallpaper
Borrowed and modified Uberoids "changer.bat" and env_uboot files so that Modroid could support more devices more easily.

If you have problems with wifi or touch screen, try a few other options in the changer.bat
If that doesn't work check out these links:
Green LED with vibrate and dual point touch 7"
Alternative Green LED env_uboot 7"
Modroid thread on the Uberoid forums
If you have wifi issues look here
If you want to play with BlueTooth look here
Eken Official Firmware for many devices

If after flashing your device has no sound do this:
After the ROM has been extracted to your SD card go to the firmwareinstall/env folder and find the "env_uboot" file that you used and open in an editor.
Change the line "setenv wmt.audio.i2s vt1603:f1:f2:ff:ff:100" to "setenv wmt.audio.i2s vt1603:f2:f1:ff:ff:100", then save the file. Now reflash.

I'd like to thank Slatedroid, Rodger, HCH, DrCheap and all the forums and users for bug reports, fixes, ideas etc. Without all this information being shared online Modroid wouldn't be what it is today.

Cheers.

I removed bing! and google voice in the update due to force closes from side loading. They work fine installed after the rom is flashed.
Grab Bing! here
Grab google voice here

Download Link: Mediafire.com - MID V8 - Modroid v7 FINAL

See less See more
#2 ·
Are you able to get this working for the m013s and so that the wifi works?

This would be of a real help to "funder" who is trying to get modroid 6.5 to work on his m013s tablet.

Thanks

#3 ·
#6 ·
Just updated the 1st post with the V7 of Modroid... modified to run on the MID V8.

Link: Mediafire.com - MID V8 - Modroid V7 FINAL

Now I must be off to bed.. I have been up for 19 hours... dog friggin tired... but got a lot done in these past couple hours with the T9 having a new firmware and modifying the Modroid etc...
Ones work is never done it would seem.

I will be attempting to find time to do the MID V8 review video tomorrow as well... using Modroid V7.

Enjoy!

Tasselhof

#9 ·
#11 ·
I would suggest trying the firmware update one more time.
I also notice there is a slight delay before I can select an option on the touchscreen...

Did you purchase the unit from Merimobiles?

You may also want to try the Slatedroid Singularity ROM by Roger Calver.

If that one has the same problem, then we probably need to find a working ENV_Boot file for your device.

Tasselhof

#14 ·
O.k so I got it to flash again and it seem my env_uboot file needs to change. I have green led vibrate unit. Can someone post the correct file? I tried to print it off another unit I have but the modified date showed as 01/01/2000 and I am sure this was why the tab was stuck on the start screen.

Might sort out a lot of guys issues if we could get the env file posted.

#18 ·
There is already a newer Version of Modroid out there in the MID V7 (lil daughter) forums... is that compatible also?? Howto update to it?

and i don't know about this green blue red LED stuff or with or without vibrate, are there THAT many differences between the V8 devices? Mine is from Merimobiles.com it has blue led on the home button, but also red when its charging and i think it doesnot have vibrate function...

thanks in advance

#21 · (Edited by Moderator)
I bought a MID V8 (Green on-light, Black audio connector) from Merimobiles.com
I tried Flashing with both the MrTasselhof Custom ROM, and the Slatedroid Singularity ROM.
With both ROMs the unit boots up, but the touchscreen is not working.
No CHANGER.bat file came with ROMs.
Does any know what mods are needed to the env_uboot file to make it work for the MID V8 model I have?

*** FOUND SOLUTION ***

Followed instructions at http://www.techknow.t0xic.nl/forum/index.php?topic=72.0
- Downloaded Universal_Uberoid_WM8650_v10.1.7z (link: http://www.mediafire.com/?3t7cb1i5fzw2mrk)
- Unzipped to SD Card
- Used CHANGER.bat with option #40 (JSA8inch_std_vt1609 8")
- Installed new ROM
- MID V8 works like a champ

#28 ·
Hi Everyone, I really need some help. ordered (from merrymobiles) MID v8 android 2.2 via vm8650 800mhz 8"
Downloaded the newest v7/v8 flash. Had 2 4gb. copied the files to it plus the only changer program i had. Now when i run
changer. bat i get a error copying the set file to the dat file. I wounldn't worry but i did this to two tablets so far and just wasting
money. This is not for me but a present to the grandchild that is stuck on angry birds. thanks for your time.

#29 · (Edited by Moderator)
Email mePlease, I need help. I got a Mid V8 Android 2.2 Via VM8650 800mhz 8" Tablet.
From merimobiles. I tried Hybrid wm8650, modviolite, slatedroid mid v8 Final.
This is my second day and no luck at all. I need the two files (merimobiles didn't have)
env_uboot, wmt_scriptcmd Thank you, thank you
If anyone can help, here's my e-mail. really I need help.
The tablet is new.

#30 ·
I am really stumped. I got a new chinese tablet from merimimobiles. Mid V8 Android 2.2
Via VM8650 800mhz 8" Model: PC-802. I have tryed every mod that's there and when I flash it just flases
UBEROID. i\I use option 4 in changer.bat tha's for the pc-802 and nothing. At this point I really don't know.
I watch all the installs on here and mine sure don't look like that. is anyone going though this? thanks

#31 · (Edited by Moderator)
Email meMr. Tasselhof. if you will E-mail me your address (or anyone else) I will mail you my new(flashed not working) 8" tablet FREE!
I'm really done with these tablets. I have gotten 3 of these and broke two and thrown away. I would like to see someone get
some use and have fun. Would like to thank all for your help. first email gets it...
I have the tablet all boxed up ready for someone. Just Email me your address and I'll get it off no strings what so ever.
Now's your change to work on another tablet and make a video (which I would like to see)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.