Netflix

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Jerenater10

Jerenater10

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 12:41 PM

Does Netflix work on the WPDN. movies and TV shows would look great on my WPDN when my sister is using my xbox :rolleyes:

thank you
devices:
LG Optimus V Virgin Mobile rooted and flashed with REBORN ROM
WPDN soon!!! a few more days...

#2 sainthooligan

sainthooligan

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 13 August 2011 - 10:31 AM

Does Netflix work on the WPDN. movies and TV shows would look great on my WPDN when my sister is using my xbox :rolleyes:

thank you

I have not tried it myself and not sure if it would even work, but they do offer a free trial- so you could actually "try before you buy". If you do, please let us know how it works out for you.

#3 fuih8u

fuih8u

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 08:36 PM

I haven't been able to get it to work. If someone knows how please lemme know

#4 sainthooligan

sainthooligan

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 08:46 PM

that's like going to the doctor and only saying "what's wrong with my arm?"....

what firmware/mods are you using? what is the app doing/not doing? what have you already tried,other than installing it?

Netflix may just not work if it is relying on flash. Have you checked with the developer and inquired with details about your device and issue, or did you only post "fix it for me" in the market apps comments too?

#5 Nyu

Nyu

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 12:55 PM

Yes Netflix does work on pandigital! I have it. You have to have android 2.2, and the latest version of the Netflix app. Netflix doesn't work too good though. The audio is way off, and the video is slow.... but Netflix works none the less.

#6 sainthooligan

sainthooligan

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 01:13 PM

Yes Netflix does work on pandigital! I have it. You have to have android 2.2, and the latest version of the Netflix app. Netflix doesn't work too good though. The audio is way off, and the video is slow.... but Netflix works none the less.

Which "Pandigital" do you have? Some of the Pandigital devices are NOT natively on 2.2 (i.e. the original poster's WPDN) and will not run certain apps.

#7 peedizzle

peedizzle

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 07:20 PM

How did u get it to install

#8 Ray Dios Haque

Ray Dios Haque

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 02:08 PM

How did u get it to install

I would like to know this myself.

I was able to get my hands on a couple of apk files through direct downloads, like this site here - however - when I try to install the apk I get a very generic error that reads "Parse Error - Unable to parse the package".

I was able to find a couple different releases of Netflix but I couldn't get a single one to install. I have a feeling that it's doing some sort of check in the Manifest file and failing to qualify the device.

If anyone has insight on how to get the installer to run, I would appreciate it.

#9 panengineer

panengineer

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 08:48 PM

That's because you need 2.2 and the WPDN only has 2.1. You could up your sdk to 8 in the build prop, but that is no guarantee netflix would load or work on the WPDN. Also you could try netflix on the beta froyo fw on here.

#10 Ray Dios Haque

Ray Dios Haque

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 07:53 PM

That's because you need 2.2 and the WPDN only has 2.1. You could up your sdk to 8 in the build prop, but that is no guarantee netflix would load or work on the WPDN. Also you could try netflix on the beta froyo fw on here.

Oh yeah, I hadn't thought of that. I keep thinking that I have 2.2, when in fact I have 2.1 with "2.2 enhancements".

I wanted to edit build.prop but I had some trouble doing so using the ES File Explorer that came with the image. I went out to the Market and updated to the latest ES tools, and that allowed me to enable root access. Once that was done, I was able to edit build.prop.

I changed the SDK from 7 to 8, and that allowed me to install the latest Netflix. And while the installed said that the installation was successful, I could not find an icon for the app. I was in the process of trying to figure out where Android stores binaries and such so that I could see if it really installed ... but the battery was running out and my daughter probably wanted her Christmas toy back. ;-)

I haven't quite given up on this. But if anyone has successfully pulled this off - OR has had luck running it in the Froyo BETA - please share your experiences!

Thanks for all the tips, advice, etc. and Happy Holidays!

#11 cromadman

cromadman

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 05:04 PM

HEY GUYS I BOUGHT A PANDIGITAL 2GB ANDRIOD NOVEL...DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A VID PLAYER FOR IT???

#12 Jxx

Jxx

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationHalifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

Posted 29 December 2011 - 10:07 AM

HEY GUYS I BOUGHT A PANDIGITAL 2GB ANDRIOD NOVEL...DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A VID PLAYER FOR IT???

You're new so I'll go easy.
1 this is a thread about netflix not general video players.
2 don't use all caps to post.
3 search button your friend, use it
Rocking out since '04

#13 Rockit Serjun

Rockit Serjun

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 08:10 PM

Hi all, I was just checking out the app page for the Netflix app, and in the last couple of weeks is a bunch of comments about not being able to log into Netflix on it... so maybe it used to work, but they broke it for a lot of people, not just PDNers, with a bad update... or a flash update broke it or something... Just mentioning that, because if it seems to be screwed up as of right now, it may be their fault, not the PDN or whatever brew of fixes you've got on it.

BTW, if you do have it working on the PDN at the moment, they introduced a new feature a few months back in response to bandwidth overage billing concerns in Canada, that let you set bandwidth usage/quality in your account (From a PC I'm thinking, maybe not the droid app) It usually defaults to best available, so having your PDN sucking on a high res 5Mbit stream might be like trying to drink out of a firehose, so dialling it back a bit to a lower speed may help... I haven't actually seen this myself so don't know if this is settable per device or is global on your account.

Not sure either if these things have any QOS enhancements, which I find in particular with other older devices, the newer windoze machines on the local network with the QOS options enabled, seem to squeeze out other devices, even if they're not doing anything particularly demanding... all they gotta do is load some 360 res youtube vid and even though you've got a fat enough pipe to stream that 50 times over, it's like anything not taking advantage of QOS had it's brakes slammed on. Turned it off on a windows 7 machine here, because when anyone was surfing on that, it was like anyone on the XP machines were on 14.4K diallup... flakey 14.4k diallup .... without MNP5 compression.

#14 Mike Damage

Mike Damage

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:50 PM

Wuz Up can someone help me to know if I am able to run netflix. I cant get it t play video. Can I add Adobe flash to the pandigital?

#15 panengineer

panengineer

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 10:47 PM

Nope,only flash lite. Flash and netflix require android 2.2.

#16 osterizerblender

osterizerblender

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:37 AM

I tried to install Netflix but seems like its not available for android 2.1, however I found a app called Icestream from slideMe market which streams Movies from Icefilms.info. It requires minimum 2.1 and works excellent with Mx video player.

#17 Ghost Flyer

Ghost Flyer

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:42 PM

I tried to install Netflix but seems like its not available for android 2.1, however I found a app called Icestream from slideMe market which streams Movies from Icefilms.info. It requires minimum 2.1 and works excellent with Mx video player.

Thank you, osterizerblender! This is the icing on the cake, for me, as a WPDN owner. It totally makes this whole flashing your firmware business worthwhile. For whatever reason, I wasn't able to download Mx Video from Slide or Market. I found it elsewhere by googling it and also the proper codec. I found out which codec I needed by attempting to play a video on Mx Video. It woudldn't download it for me, but I was able to find it at the same place as Mx Video. I don't remember the site, though.

QUICK QUESTION:
Once you are playing a film in Mx Video, how to do you back out of it? I haven't been able to figure that out. The only way I could do it was by dragging the play bar to the end of the video and then let it finish playing, so that it would go back to Ice Stream.

Thanks.

Edited by Ghost Flyer, 25 January 2012 - 04:43 PM.

My WPDN tablet info:
SH20....
Firmware used:
Kewl Guy's alternate firmware, "OPDN v2.1.0 GAPPS"
Kewl Guy's "OPDN v2.1.1 Supplement"

#18 kingfhb

kingfhb

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:50 PM

QUICK QUESTION:
Once you are playing a film in Mx Video, how to do you back out of it? I haven't been able to figure that out. The only way I could do it was by dragging the play bar to the end of the video and then let it finish playing, so that it would go back to Ice Stream.

You could download "Button Savior" which adds a set of "soft" buttons on the left of the screen, on top of anything running that will allow you to go back, home, etc.