What is this:
A batch to automate the process of recovering from the recovery bootloop experienced when using Clockwork mod and selecting the Reboot Recovery option in the menu or through ADB.
After having this happen to me a couple times and sifting through the threads here I made quick wee script to solve it and then saw a few others have the same problem and so I fleshed it out et voila!
Pre-requisites(but if you've followed alpha232's rooting guide you should be set):
- Android Debug bridge (ADB) installed and set in the Path in the Environment Variables.
- A Hannspad stuck in CWM recovery :|
UPDATED - Download Hannspad Bootloop Recovery.zip 7.65MB 3544 downloads
(Updated download as previous version bugged out when started, sorry bad testing on my part :S)
Extract the zip, then simply run the script and follow the on-screen prompts.
If you have any trouble or simply rather do it manually, here's a quick guide.
The Manual Method
0. Find your CWM Update.zip by Alpha232 or redownload it
1. Copy and rename the /recovery/stock-4789-recovery.img to recovery.img
2. Place the recovery.img into the Update.zip from earlier.
3. Your device is assumed to be in CWM Recovery mode.
4. Go to the "mounts and storage" menu, then select mount USB storage. Your device should now pop up on your computer.
5. Copy the update.zip onto the device.
6. Back out the main menu and then select "apply sdcard:update.zip"
If no file is found, reboot the device and try again
7. Voila, now reinstall CWM and away you go
I hope this has helped any of those in need.
If you find any bugs, problems or simply tips please let me know and I will do my best to rectify them.
Thanks to Sixis for clever manual method.
Edited by fergul, 02 August 2011 - 04:24 PM.