#1 fergul

fergul

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 06:23 PM

Bootloop Recovery
for Windows

What is this:

A batch to automate the process of recovering from the recovery bootloop experienced when using Clockwork mod and selecting the Reboot Recovery option in the menu or through ADB.

Why??

After having this happen to me a couple times and sifting through the threads here I made quick wee script to solve it and then saw a few others have the same problem and so I fleshed it out et voila!

Pre-requisites
(but if you've followed alpha232's rooting guide you should be set):

- Android Debug bridge (ADB) installed and set in the Path in the Environment Variables.
- A Hannspad stuck in CWM recovery :|

Instructions:
UPDATED - Download Attached File  Hannspad Bootloop Recovery.zip   7.65MB   3144 downloads
(Updated download as previous version bugged out when started, sorry bad testing on my part :S)

Extract the zip, then simply run the script and follow the on-screen prompts.

If you have any trouble or simply rather do it manually, here's a quick guide.

The Manual Method

0. Find your CWM Update.zip by Alpha232 or redownload it

1. Copy and rename the /recovery/stock-4789-recovery.img to recovery.img

2. Place the recovery.img into the Update.zip from earlier.

3. Your device is assumed to be in CWM Recovery mode.

4. Go to the "mounts and storage" menu, then select mount USB storage. Your device should now pop up on your computer.

5. Copy the update.zip onto the device.

6. Back out the main menu and then select "apply sdcard:update.zip"
If no file is found, reboot the device and try again

7. Voila, now reinstall CWM and away you go :)

I hope this has helped any of those in need.

If you find any bugs, problems or simply tips please let me know and I will do my best to rectify them.

Thanks to Sixis for clever manual method.

Fergul

Edited by fergul, 02 August 2011 - 04:24 PM.

• mrsburnout, olifr, Kuroi and 2 others like this

#2 Ste650

Ste650

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 06:29 PM

I dont currently need this myself but a big thumbs up for goin to the trouble of making this to help the community :clapping:

#3 ToXiQ

ToXiQ

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 12:42 PM

Thanks for this helpful topic. I needed this one after the TNT lite installation while I tryed to get back to a backup. It keeps rebooting.

I useed the script and unfortunally while in this step my windows 7 machine decided not to reconize the tablet anymore :-(

ECHO Looking for device...
ECHO (if your device has rebooted and you're still waiting
ECHO unplug your device and plug it back in again)
adb wait-for-device
ECHO Found.

adb did not work so I tryed to solve that again and do not know what I did and then my computer crashed while I was putting th USB cable in and out.

Finally I had to reroot it and I reiinstalled the TNT rom and all is working. So thank you for your work here
Hannspree Hannspad SN10T130R1633 + SN10T130R1653

#4 alpha232

alpha232

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 01:23 PM

Good tool, used it myself out of laziness when the inevitable CWM bootloop started

#5 olifr

olifr

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 03:15 PM

#6 fergul

fergul

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 04:50 PM

Thanks for this helpful topic. I needed this one after the TNT lite installation while I tryed to get back to a backup. It keeps rebooting.

I useed the script and unfortunally while in this step my windows 7 machine decided not to reconize the tablet anymore :-(

Oh well I've got 7 myself and that didn't happen, I will add a lil something to try make sure that shouldn't happen. Thanks for the feedback :)

Good tool, used it myself out of laziness when the inevitable CWM bootloop started

Good stuff, it's what it was made for :)

Glad it helped :)

#7 Karl Dow

Karl Dow

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 12:43 PM

Hello,

I am new to Slatedroid.
I just got an Hannspad and I now stuck at the recovery loop.
Please apoprove my membership so I can download the file " Hannspad Bootloop Recovery.zip".

Thanks

Karl

#8 fergul

fergul

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 08:29 AM

Hello,

I am new to Slatedroid.
I just got an Hannspad and I now stuck at the recovery loop.
Please apoprove my membership so I can download the file " Hannspad Bootloop Recovery.zip".

Thanks

Karl

Hi Karl,
You've only posted twice and so you need to post once more on a topic and you will be able to have a full membership i.e. to download files and create threads.

:)

#9 insel71

insel71

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 08:57 AM

Bootloop Recovery
for Windows

What is this:

A batch to automate the process of recovering from the recovery bootloop experienced when using Clockwork mod and selecting the Reboot Recovery option in the menu or through ADB.

Why??

After having this happen to me a couple times and sifting through the threads here I made quick wee script to solve it and then saw a few others have the same problem and so I fleshed it out et voila!

Pre-requisites
(but if you've followed alpha232's rooting guide you should be set):

- Android Debug bridge (ADB) installed and set in the Path in the Environment Variables.
- A Hannspad stuck in CWM recovery :|

Instructions:
UPDATED - Download Attached File  Hannspad Bootloop Recovery.zip   7.65MB   3144 downloads
(Updated download as previous version bugged out when started, sorry bad testing on my part :S)

Extract the zip, then simply run the script and follow the on-screen prompts.

If you have any trouble or simply rather do it manually, here's a quick guide.

The Manual Method

0. Find your CWM Update.zip by Alpha232 or redownload it

1. Copy and rename the /recovery/stock-4789-recovery.img to recovery.img

2. Place the recovery.img into the Update.zip from earlier.

3. Your device is assumed to be in CWM Recovery mode.

4. Go to the "mounts and storage" menu, then select mount USB storage. Your device should now pop up on your computer.

5. Copy the update.zip onto the device.

6. Back out the main menu and then select "apply sdcard:update.zip"
If no file is found, reboot the device and try again

7. Voila, now reinstall CWM and away you go :)

I hope this has helped any of those in need.

If you find any bugs, problems or simply tips please let me know and I will do my best to rectify them.

Thanks to Sixis for clever manual method.

Fergul

Thank You. I fixed it with yours and evryones help.

#10 L3BIUS

L3BIUS

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationDerby

Posted 16 August 2011 - 09:18 AM

Hey, I recently got a hannstab and after rooting my mate did a factory reset from inside the ROM as oppose to on CWM and now it just boots into the CWM bit at start-up and wont boot into the ROM, is this the fix for that problem, thanks in advance

L3BIUS

#11 fergul

fergul

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 09:32 AM

Hey, I recently got a hannstab and after rooting my mate did a factory reset from inside the ROM as oppose to on CWM and now it just boots into the CWM bit at start-up and wont boot into the ROM, is this the fix for that problem, thanks in advance

L3BIUS

Well if it says in the top left whilst turning on "Booting to recovery" without you pressing the Volume + button with the power button, then this should solve that.

Good luck.

#12 L3BIUS

L3BIUS

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationDerby

Posted 16 August 2011 - 10:56 AM

Well if it says in the top left whilst turning on "Booting to recovery" without you pressing the Volume + button with the power button, then this should solve that.

Good luck.

It says "booting recovery kernel image" and i just followed the manual steps as i cant seem to get adb to install and it hasnt worked :/ any suggestions? thanks

#13 fergul

fergul

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 04:13 PM

It says "booting recovery kernel image" and i just followed the manual steps as i cant seem to get adb to install and it hasnt worked :/ any suggestions? thanks

What happened when you installed the original recovery, did it get past that?

If you can't get it working you be better off going to the hannspad site and downloading the stock rom and backing up, then installing the stock one through cwm instead, then install cwm again and load the back-up.

#14 L3BIUS

L3BIUS

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationDerby

Posted 18 August 2011 - 04:00 AM

Thanks for the help! managed to get it sorted now, i tried this method again with the update.zip file but on a different pc and it worked great. Got it back to stock and the rooted it again! Thanks guys :)

#15 russi

russi

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 05:31 AM

I just had this problem, sorted it by updating from Alphas CWM to Paul's CWM4.0.1.4

#16 MysticalMeeting

MysticalMeeting

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 04:28 PM

I have a big problem with my new Hannspad, I bricked it as well and the download from the Hannspree page doesn't work :/ I hope that I can download the file from your link soon...

#17 double-A-Ron1

double-A-Ron1

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 09:21 AM

Many Many Thanks! It worked and I have got it from brick to 2.2.

Now I am trying to install honeycomb but I can't seem to reinstall clockworkmod.

When I install clockworkmod again will the boot loop return?

I have tried to reinstall clockworkmod but it didnt seem to work? any suguestions?

and thanks again

Edited by double-A-Ron1, 30 August 2011 - 10:40 AM.

#18 thattallkid

thattallkid

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 10:33 AM

I have just joined and done my 3 required posts, if anyone could send me the .zip file before I can be approved that would be so appreciated! Thanks

#19 Rsmithcol

Rsmithcol

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 07:27 PM

You absolute GENTS!
my deviceis back up and running with stock, like new - just intime for my mrs not to rip my face off for ruining my birthday prezzie!

THanks !!! :D

#20 ThrashMan

ThrashMan

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 11:02 AM

If you're using Modaco CWM and you're stuck in a CWM boot loop:

Select "Advanced / Reboot recovery" (Not sure this option is in other CWM)
When the tablet comes back up into recovery....select "Reboot system now".