• Please log in to reply
507 replies to this topic

#441 Nickos-V

Nickos-V

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,054 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 04:39 PM

Also, has anyone noticed an increase of temperature by the battery on the tablet. As the days go by it seems to get hotter. If it starts heating up uncontrollably it might damage the battery as you know.

You could have a short? Try using tablet without gaming for awhile to see if battery still heats up. Do reading and web browsing (on sites without Flash) or listening to music to see if battery still heats up lots. If yes, you may have issue. A short can ruin the battery and/or motherboard.

*MINIX NEO X5 (RK3066) - OK. Not fun because uses mouse cursor.
*YUANDAO N80 DUAL (RK3066) - Very good
*CUBE U30GT (RK3066)- Defective; buttons broke in 2-3 weeks; Bad quality control!!! I will never buy a Cube again!!! - Very good while working
*WOPAD I7 (RK2918)- About OK. Sluggish because has weaker ARM chip (RK2918) & less RAM (512 MB).

#442 mizike

mizike

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 06:18 PM

Netflix is working on mine, I updated the rom, its not rooted, installed the new netflix that says works on all android 2.2 and 2.3 android devices, I had the APK for it, but I never use netflix, just wanted to see if it would install and come up, but didnt try to log in. I will try to see if I can login. I download everything, all my movies, music so I just put the movies and music on there for my kid, never would I pay for MOVIES lol. Ill check later and register for an account, I assumed once I installed it, and saw the netflix screen it would work. Apparently people are having issues with it freezing or not logging in on some phones, tablets and others it works perfect, kind of wierd.

#443 F&LSuperstore

F&LSuperstore

Advanced Member

• Authorized Business Seller (ABS)
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay, FL

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:40 AM

Netflix is working on mine, I updated the rom, its not rooted, installed the new netflix that says works on all android 2.2 and 2.3 android devices, I had the APK for it, but I never use netflix, just wanted to see if it would install and come up, but didnt try to log in. I will try to see if I can login. I download everything, all my movies, music so I just put the movies and music on there for my kid, never would I pay for MOVIES lol. Ill check later and register for an account, I assumed once I installed it, and saw the netflix screen it would work. Apparently people are having issues with it freezing or not logging in on some phones, tablets and others it works perfect, kind of wierd.

Netflix is the dumbest company in the world. To think that they completely destroyed Blockbuster and Hollywood Movies and single handed put them out of business, only to fail bringing their app to every phone and tablet device that could potentially make the way we view movies and rerun TV shows something that was fiction 10 years ago is a freaking joke. If I was a major shareholder or head of the board of directors of Netflix I would fire the idiot CEO because he hired people who hired a bunch of idiots that can't implement a Flash version or a dumbed down video player with a simple codec that could be understood and played on every Android device that was 2.2+.

Hulu sucks right now too. There's workarounds to it but you have to get hacked version of the new Flash player and also give up your first born child to maybe make it work.

I can't get Netflix to work on my C71 or C91 by the way. And if someone can, please let the community know.
Posted Image
Frank, President
F&L Superstore - www.flsuperstore.com
email: frank@flsuperstore.com
blog: flsuperstore.wordpress.com
MSN: flsuperstore@gmail.com

#444 jalan2

jalan2

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 06:40 AM

Hey, have you guys seen this??

Considering that iPad sells a million units to every one Zenithink, & considering there are a hundred brands of tablets out there, its not too bad that we're #2 in Brand Satisfaction!

So yes, i believe i'm in the right forum, ha ha ha...

. Posted Image

Edited by jalan2, 08 November 2011 - 06:41 AM.

#445 F&LSuperstore

F&LSuperstore

Advanced Member

• Authorized Business Seller (ABS)
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay, FL

Posted 08 November 2011 - 06:55 AM

Selling Zenithink for only about two months now I agree. I read nothing but horror stories of the ZT180 but their new tablets are well refined. Plus they come with the basic OS and none of the bloat and bells and whistles which only hold tablets/computers/notebooks down.
Posted Image
Frank, President
F&L Superstore - www.flsuperstore.com
email: frank@flsuperstore.com
blog: flsuperstore.wordpress.com
MSN: flsuperstore@gmail.com

#446 motherofallbattles

motherofallbattles

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:04 AM

Netflix is the dumbest company in the world. To think that they completely destroyed Blockbuster and Hollywood Movies and single handed put them out of business, only to fail bringing their app to every phone and tablet device that could potentially make the way we view movies and rerun TV shows something that was fiction 10 years ago is a freaking joke. If I was a major shareholder or head of the board of directors of Netflix I would fire the idiot CEO because he hired people who hired a bunch of idiots that can't implement a Flash version or a dumbed down video player with a simple codec that could be understood and played on every Android device that was 2.2+.

Hulu sucks right now too. There's workarounds to it but you have to get hacked version of the new Flash player and also give up your first born child to maybe make it work.

I can't get Netflix to work on my C71 or C91 by the way. And if someone can, please let the community know.

Hi
Frank a question have you tried to play netflix in the 5html mode instead of flashplayer mode?i have just tried netflix here in UK which is a hacked apk version the problem is i need a signing in i.d on there home page as netfix is not here in UK,so don't know if it will run with this hacked apk

#447 Rick Allen

Rick Allen

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:58 AM

so i did get that apk and it worked let me log in and my account came up no problem. wanted to update to newer version and i cancelled. when i tried to play a show i would start then instantly log out and direct me to update the version of netflix to the one i had before that just loads and loads without ever getting to the log in screen. wish i new how to make that stop. frustrated with some things about netflix but still love it and wish i could get it working on this tab.

#448 mizike

mizike

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:46 PM

MIne worked with netflix and the APK pack, but now it doesnt with the new rom, kind of strange. ANd I still cant get freaking youtube videos to play full screen, I know thats got to be some dumb setting I am missing. Let me work with netflix later and seee if I can get that fixed, anyone know why youtube wont play full screen, its a smaller screen in the middle, nothing under settings to change to full screen?

#449 omarahum

omarahum

Zenithink Tablet User / Information Transmitter

• Global Moderators
  • 6,539 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:58 PM

MIne worked with netflix and the APK pack, but now it doesnt with the new rom, kind of strange. ANd I still cant get freaking youtube videos to play full screen, I know thats got to be some dumb setting I am missing. Let me work with netflix later and seee if I can get that fixed, anyone know why youtube wont play full screen, its a smaller screen in the middle, nothing under settings to change to full screen?

I never was able to play Youtube full screen with the Gingerbread ROMs, but the trick I kept telling you about does work with the original 0905 (0907) Froyo (changing the aspect ratio using the stock video player app via the . . . button then the display/monitor icon), don't think I tried with the 1018 Froyo and it didn't work with all the Gingerbread ROMs....

(For regular videos with 4:3 aspect, Normal works best for me - the default, and for 16:9 aspect, 4:3 works best (especially with YouTube) - Fullscreen seems to stretch the height a little too much.)

zenithinklogosforsignature3.png
Zenithink ZT-180-101 Original 10" Epad (Ruby 1.2 / 576 - B0) (0603 Froyo) - {July 2010} R.I.P. - May 2013
Zenithink ZT-180-701A 7" Upad (Cameo - E3) (0613/0618 Froyo) - {April 2011}
Zenithink ZT-180-102 10" v2 Zepad (Jade 2.3-Blue - G0) (0613/0618 Froyo) - {April 2011}
Zenithink ZT-280-C91 10" Zepad (H1_2n : 0217 GB
@ 900MHz w/ 2GB Data Partition) - {Sept. 2011}
Zenithink ZT-280-C71 7" Upad (E7_1n : 0217 GB @ 900MHz w/ 1.5GB Data Partition) - {Sept. 2011}
Zenithink ZT-283-C93 10" ZTPad (H6_1f : 0911 ICS w/ 2GB Data Partition and working (pl2303) USB GPS)
- {Oct. 2012}
Zenithink ZT-283-C97 9.7" ZTPad (I1_2a :
0910 ICS w/ 2GB Data Partition and working (pl2303) USB GPS) - {Nov. 2012}

SlateDroid ZT-180 WIKI \ Zenithink Website \ Zenithink FTP \ Stock ROMs \ ZT-28* Modified Kernels & RecoveriesM \ Donations Accepted!
If I've helped you or are using an overclocked kernel I've uploaded, and wish to help support my efforts, please consider leaving me a donation. Thank you!
btn_donate_SM.gif ॐ 
Please click on the Like This button for any posts you like or have helped you to show your appreciation...
Also know that all the staff here are volunteers, we don't get paid for our time spent here, so please be patient with us... Thank you!

#450 mizike

mizike

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 10:39 PM

I knew someone had mentioned some answer about it, but not for my rom, and I have the newest rom on there now. Seems so dumb that it wont play with youtube, or even on the youtube.com site as full screen even when choosing HD

#451 mizike

mizike

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 08:55 PM

I got it to flash with a 1gb card, the other 32gb card must be damaged, but its wierd, I can put music on it and play music from the damn card, put some pics and see the pictures, but if I put any format video on there it will not play from the SD card, I have never seen something like this. When something is damaged or corrupt I thought it was damaged and corrupt and wouldnt work, how in the world could it just choose not to do videos lol. Im thinking maybe because the file sizes are bigger in the movies then small picture or audio files, but really really odd.

#452 kundenservice

kundenservice

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 November 2011 - 03:47 PM

Hi everyone, :help:
up to yesterday I was content with my C91. But only yesterday it started to refuse to recognise the SD-card. There is no way to make it. I tried two several SD-Cards, formatted one on my PC (WinXP), but still no result. I even used the function in the settings "prepare SD-card". Same result: None. :vava:

How can I make the SD-card work? :angry:
Thanks!

#453 HenryXVII

HenryXVII

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 04:35 AM

Hi everyone, :help:
up to yesterday I was content with my C91. But only yesterday it started to refuse to recognise the SD-card. There is no way to make it. I tried two several SD-Cards, formatted one on my PC (WinXP), but still no result. I even used the function in the settings "prepare SD-card". Same result: None. :vava:

How can I make the SD-card work? :angry:
Thanks!

Kunden,

It would seem that either your SD card is faulty or the tablet is faulty. That or maybe the SD card is just not compatible with the C91. What type of SD card are you using exactly?

I have tested my C91 with the 3C Pro 16gb class 6 card as well as a San Disk 8gb class 4 and it works perfectly.

#454 HenryXVII

HenryXVII

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 04:56 AM

Ok, here is an update:

I found out that the C91 actually had a glitch that didn't allow SD cards to work properly (apparently when they inserted too quickly?). However, this issue can be fixed by installing the latest firmware update. Instructions are here: http://zenithink.us/...tfmicrosd-card/

Also, Zenithink.us is up and running and has the C91 for sale with that firmware update already installed. See here: http://zenithink.us/...touch-p-36.html

Edited by HenryXVII, 12 December 2011 - 04:57 AM.

#455 nzhome

nzhome

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 06:36 AM

yep, my review here:

http://www.slatedroi...hink-tablet-pc/
Using Official Zenithink Rom: 10" ZT-280 C91 (512MB+8GB) Android4.0.3 11Feb2011 0211 ROM with OK900 overclock. ZT280_H1_2n_C91_Android4.0_0211_V2.5

#456 Tdashboard

Tdashboard

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationTucson

Posted 14 December 2011 - 08:39 PM

Newbie here. Just want to say Hi. Ordered my Zenithink C91 last Friday. Its suppose to arrive today but I dont think it will get here until tomorrow. Based on everything I read here on the forumn I hope I will be able to tell whether its the real deal or not. Does anyone know if there is a difintive differenc between the Zenithink C91 and what some sites refer to as the Zenithink ZT-280 C10/ Zepad C91. There are a couple of sites that list them both and compare them side by side. The specifications appear to be the same. The only exception seems to be the release date. Listed as around September 1st for the Zenithink C-91 and September 19th or so for the Zenithink ZT-280 C10 / Zepad C91.
Zenithink ZT-280 C10/Zepad C91. ZT280_H1_2n_C91_android2.3 2012-02-17_2n OK950 kernel

#457 Tdashboard

Tdashboard

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationTucson

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:48 AM

Recieved my Zenithink C91 today. I'll admit after reading all the warnings on this site. I was worried that it might not be the real thing, but as far as I can tell it is. I bought it off ########### on an auction. It was actually a bundle that included the C91, a leather keyboard case, car charger, and a 16GB TF card. There was also a screen protector in with the tablet. Not sure if thats standard or was just thrown in the box. Looking at it though ,I think its for a Zenithink ZT-180. It has the cutout for the one button. Shouldn't be hard to modify. Strangely it had a Slatedroid icon in the app draw that brings you to this site. I logged on to the site using the icon,logged in OK, but had trouble navigating to this forumn so I used the PC instead since I have it saved in favorites. Plugged in the charged to charge the battery, though it I think it was already charged. Used the Wi-Fi on the battery for about 4 hours to make sure everything worked. The battery was one of my concerns because the ########### listing stated it was a 6000 mAH rather than the 4000 mAH listed for the C91. I questioned the seller about this and he assured me that it was a 6000 mAH. The box says 4000 mAH like all the others. Not sure whats actually inside, but the battery didn't show much of a drain. This is a Xmas gift so I just wanted to make sure it worked before I wrapped it up. It had a short return time for DOA. Best of all the cost was $200 for everything. Couldn't get Facebook to work though. Guess I'll have to address that after Xmas.
Zenithink ZT-280 C10/Zepad C91. ZT280_H1_2n_C91_android2.3 2012-02-17_2n OK950 kernel

#458 Tdashboard

Tdashboard

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationTucson

Posted 17 December 2011 - 06:13 PM

I am having trouble wrapping my Zenithink C91 up for Xmas. Everytime I read something interesting I'm tempted to try it out. I've started downloading files and updates that I want to try once I'll have full use of the tablet.

I still can't get Facebook to load though. Whats odd is that when I first got it I signed in to my gmail account, went to the market it asked me if I want to install Facebook and several other apps and I said yes. It put it in the app drawer and I then put the icon on the home page. Once I signed in it showed all my Facebook activity, but when I clicked on it it would just spin so I uninstalled and installed it again.

All I have now is an icon (no activity) and when I click on it it just spins like its trying to load

Today I downloaded some Netflix apks to try later. So far it has failed to load. Just get the spinning cursor like its trying. Just for kicks I decided to try it again since I read something about switching it to HTML5 like the Ipad.

When I went to make the change it was set to HTML5 so I changed it to Android Flash.
I tried it again and I got the log in page. I logged in was able to see my "Instant Queue". It asked if I wanted to continue watching the selection I had watched last. I said yes and it started to play. I stopped it, made another selection and it played also. It starts off a little choppy but stabilizes in about 10 seconds. It's been playing now for some time. Its playing very nice. Can't wait to try the HDMI.

#459 omarahum

omarahum

Zenithink Tablet User / Information Transmitter

• Global Moderators
  • 6,539 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 17 December 2011 - 06:39 PM

Today I downloaded some Netflix apks to try later. So far it has failed to load. Just get the spinning cursor like its trying. Just for kicks I decided to try it again since I read something about switching it to HTML5 like the Ipad.

When I went to make the change it was set to HTML5 so I changed it to Android Flash.
I tried it again and I got the log in page. I logged in was able to see my "Instant Queue". It asked if I wanted to continue watching the selection I had watched last. I said yes and it started to play. I stopped it, made another selection and it played also. It starts off a little choppy but stabilizes in about 10 seconds. It's been playing now for some time. Its playing very nice. Can't wait to try the HDMI.

Oh cool, you got NetFlix to work (I don't use NetFlix)......

Questions: What Zenithink ROM are you running? What version NetFlix app? What version Flash player? So all you had to do was switch the Browser to Android instead of Ipad to get it to work? Were you using the NetFlix app or website?

I still can't get Facebook to load though. Whats odd is that when I first got it I signed in to my gmail account, went to the market it asked me if I want to install Facebook and several other apps and I said yes. It put it in the app drawer and I then put the icon on the home page. Once I signed in it showed all my Facebook activity, but when I clicked on it it would just spin so I uninstalled and installed it again.

All I have now is an icon (no activity) and when I click on it it just spins like its trying to load

BTW, I am using an old version of the Facebook app, if you want to try it - http://www.mediafire...book_v1.7.2.apk

zenithinklogosforsignature3.png
Zenithink ZT-180-101 Original 10" Epad (Ruby 1.2 / 576 - B0) (0603 Froyo) - {July 2010} R.I.P. - May 2013
Zenithink ZT-180-701A 7" Upad (Cameo - E3) (0613/0618 Froyo) - {April 2011}
Zenithink ZT-180-102 10" v2 Zepad (Jade 2.3-Blue - G0) (0613/0618 Froyo) - {April 2011}
Zenithink ZT-280-C91 10" Zepad (H1_2n : 0217 GB
@ 900MHz w/ 2GB Data Partition) - {Sept. 2011}
Zenithink ZT-280-C71 7" Upad (E7_1n : 0217 GB @ 900MHz w/ 1.5GB Data Partition) - {Sept. 2011}
Zenithink ZT-283-C93 10" ZTPad (H6_1f : 0911 ICS w/ 2GB Data Partition and working (pl2303) USB GPS)
- {Oct. 2012}
Zenithink ZT-283-C97 9.7" ZTPad (I1_2a :
0910 ICS w/ 2GB Data Partition and working (pl2303) USB GPS) - {Nov. 2012}

SlateDroid ZT-180 WIKI \ Zenithink Website \ Zenithink FTP \ Stock ROMs \ ZT-28* Modified Kernels & RecoveriesM \ Donations Accepted!
If I've helped you or are using an overclocked kernel I've uploaded, and wish to help support my efforts, please consider leaving me a donation. Thank you!
btn_donate_SM.gif ॐ 
Please click on the Like This button for any posts you like or have helped you to show your appreciation...
Also know that all the staff here are volunteers, we don't get paid for our time spent here, so please be patient with us... Thank you!

#460 Tdashboard

Tdashboard

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationTucson

Posted 17 December 2011 - 07:03 PM

Oh cool, you got NetFlix to work (I don't use NetFlix)......

Questions: What Zenithink ROM are you running? What version NetFlix app? What version Flash player? So all you had to do was switch the Browser to Android instead of Ipad to get it to work? Were you using the NetFlix app or website?

I am just learning how to use this tablet. Although I have read how to get that information somewhere on this forumn, I need to look back to see how to get it. Since I just got the tablet I just downloaded the latest Netflix thats on the market. Never expected it to work because everyone said it didn't. But under "About Device" under Build Number it says (b01ref-eng 2.34 GB.b01ref.2011924 eng.root.2011924.132957 test-keys). Under Kernal version it says root@android #2483. I think I read that would be the original install and would not include any updates. There is a flash player icon in the app drawer, but when you click on it it just asks you if you want local storage or peer assisted networking. I will search the forumn to see how yo get that information.