Photo

[ROM - 1.2] Flashback - Reunion (while you wait) :)

• Please log in to reply
5352 replies to this topic

#1 Tab_Modder

Tab_Modder

FW Developer

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 08:12 PM

LAST UPDATE: 2/3/12 (alpha reunion)

Posted Image

Thank you Dave.S for the video!
Video of Flashback 10.0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_uIi-EO_Ac
Video of Flashback 9.0
http://www.youtube.com/v/J98SDDJ3MhE?

STANDARD DISCLAIMER:
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. By running this firmware, you agree that there is the possibility that you may brick your device. You agree that only you are responsible and no one else is responsible for supporting you if that occurs.

Acknowledgments
Roebeet, Mrguy, Pershoot, Zebwen, Clemsyn and all the Adam and VEGA developers, for this excellent port. If you have contributed something I used let me know and I will add you here.

Pre-requisites
1. Setup and learn how to use nvflash. This is your backout in case something bad happens, so I would recommend you understand how to use this, in advance.
2. Have your device on a stock 1.2-based ROM / mod baseline. For example, build 4349 is the latest 1.2-based stock ROM, as of this writing.

NVFlash
- tlb1961's Rev4 nvflash for windows or linux(Detailed Instructions included in download.)

Installation for 1.2-based stock
Two options for installing Flashback

Option 1 (May have instability)
- Copy the zip file to the root of your internal memory.
- Reboot into recovery. Select install from sdcard.
- Wipe data if after first boot you experience instability or non functioning features that work for others. (this still may not fix your issues)

Option 2 (Preferred method and most stable option)
- View detailed instuctions

Installing Flash (you can upgrade to flash from the Market and use Opera for flash in web and go back to this hacked flash anytime to use Flash apps)
- Go to settings then Applications and select unknown sources
- In File Manager HD navigate to /system/data and install AdobeFlashplayer-hacked.apk
- Will need to repeat these steps after a data wipe!

Features
- YouTube App (All videos play fullscreen)
- External SDcard access
- PC Mounting
- Overclocking
- Flash Browsing (using opera)
- Flash Apps
- Web rendering apps
- adhoc support
- a2dp bluetooth

Flashback Team Members
Dave.S
HiTekRedneck
jazzruby
OtherGuy
rowwor
Sharpe351
TEK112
tlb1961
tlbardelljr

Downloads

Dave S. Flashback tip collection

Alpha reunion Link: http://androidtablet...zk4NzI0OTkyNTI=
(updated 2/3/2012)
Tweaked dalvik cache and memory settings to try to eliminate slow down after installed for a while
complete graphics changes.

Alpha 10.1 Link: [/color] (updated 11/11/2011) FlashBack 10.1

MD5 Checksum 2cc1aca7e5a41150276d31f8c4926a5f

Clemsyn Honeycomb Trial 5 Link: http://www.mediafire...7s7c1anfv1pnfe3

Compatible Game List
Check here for compatible game list by FunkyFlyChicken

Bug/Feature Request
Click here to enter your bug/feature request. Please be as detailed as possible.

Changelog
View the Flashback Changelog.

Issues
- Camera isn't working
- HD Video

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by tlbardelljr, 13 April 2012 - 08:24 PM.

• tnkclark, safarial, Miss Dragon and 32 others like this

#2 Tab_Modder

Tab_Modder

FW Developer

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 08:13 PM

Reserved for future use.

#3 mrsburnout

mrsburnout

"Linkmeister"

• Administrators
  • 7,259 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 July 2011 - 08:37 PM

My apologies, I can't change the dates in order to keep the posts, so I am going to quote the pertinent posts that were discussing the ROM and we will have our new Flashback thread.

Thank all of you for your patience. :drinks:

First I would like to say that I'm loyal to this ROM and in my opinion is the more stable. Nice job! The only one thing I notice with the laters 5.5 update is that X-Plane simulator stop working and quitting every time I try it. Please tlbardelljr can you check why? I will appreciate it very much and once again....thanks for a very fine ROM.

I hope so... it was really getting good. I installed the latest Netflix .apk last night, and it worked like a charm. Not sure what more to hope for, other than some HW acceleration and the camera becoming functional. Those aren't dealbreakers, because this ROM is really working smoothly.

Thanks TL...

Here's a link here. It won't let me upload the file. This is the new NETFLIX 1.3 file.
http://www.multiupload.com/3A8C4GWL8R

Is all the past info lost? That would be a shame. I guess we'll have to start answering the same questions again.

Let me start by saying: Do a data and cache and devlik wipe when you load a ROM.

Before this thread got lost, I recently posted about with all the honeycomb roms, when even there is more than 150mb ram left, background process is killed in order to run the newly loaded app.

So this is one of the features for CM7 Nightlies by Icewyng: 7) Changed values for lowmemorykiller (07102011).

Can we Pleeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaazzzzeee have this feature for Flashback in the next or at least the update following that? With our 512 mb ram, I opened up 2 apps: opera and youtube. these are the only apps open and while I was watching 2(!!!) videos on youtube, the opera was killed by the memorymanager from honeycomb. I could see that by using task switcher (which takes about 4mb of ram) And I had to reload the web page on opera. btw opera only had about 2 or 3 tabs open. I really want a tablet OS, but because of multitasking, I am almost forced to go back to froyo or gingerbread...

Is the only possible solution buying a new tablet with 1gb of ram for 400~500 dollors? :(

Or can we plllllllleeeeeeaaaaaasssssseeeeee have that same feature used for cm7?

YAY!!!! a working HC netflix!!!! not only does it work, it stays in landscape mode!!! no more tilting back and forth!!! Now that netflix works and flash works with it's nuances, i have just about all i need and may never have to switch again. Just wish the damn Pop Cap Games (Peggle and Plants Vs Zombies) would work and i would definatly never have to switch again. thanks to all the devs!!!

P.s.... now if the devs have some time and would like to see why pop cap games work on the stock kernal from 1.1 and port the fixes over to our current kernals i would be so happy!!!! Thanks again to all the devs hard work!!!

@ JustinTime - we should also add..you will need to nvflash to recover:)

Has anyone else had problems with Teamviewer? I can control my windows machines no problem but my linux machines get a protocol error? In BC, it works fine but in FB it is no go to connect to a linux machine.

I'd like to use a USB Ethernet adapter with Flashback. I had used the USB adapter with a previous ROM from robeet and it just worked when I plugged it in. Anyone have an idea of what I can look at to get it working? Do I need to insmod a drvier and is there one for the pershoot kernel in 5.5?

YMMV = Your Mileage May Vary - Not even OEM FW is guaranteed "safe" to flash.

Hey! Newbies (n00bs) - Click the blue links ;) - Forum Rules

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." ~James Dean
"Slatedroid: Where all the advice is free, even advice you don't want." ~Mark Adams #113449
"Women are Angels. When someone breaks our wings - we simply continue to fly - on a broomstick. We are flexible like that."

Posted Image ~cheers

#4 mrsburnout

mrsburnout

"Linkmeister"

• Administrators
  • 7,259 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 July 2011 - 08:42 PM

I'm confused ...how do I enable Flash to watch video on CNN? I installed the hacked version but their video page asks me to install Flash again. opera mobile from market.

if u wanna use opera to see flash, update the flash player in market

Everyone is quiet since the new thread.

I just wanted to comment that I am sure this was all an accident. We have all seen how Slatedroid runs the forums. I am confident had I put the Flashback forum in jeopardy I would have heard from Smok3dout or mrsburnout to correct the situation before it would have been shut down. This never took place. What has taken place during my short time at SLD is I have received nothing but support and a encouragement from the SLD team.

I think we all hope we can have the history back, if not we will just start a new one.

In the meantime......I think we were discussing Hardware Acceleration??

I'm still using VEGAn 5.1.1 because of the lack of HW acceleration as well as the PopCap games and a few other minor things in the newer ROMs. I've been doing what I can with the SDK to try and debug the games to find any kind of kernel error but haven't been able to find anything. What we really need is to move to a newer base kernel but that would involve a lot of work by Clemsyn or Pershoot and considering they have lives... =) Unfortunately my knowledge in this area is limited but I'm trying my best. If anyone has any ideas please PM me.

Cheers

PS - Keep up the good work on Flashback. I have been using it while I have been debugging. =)

Okay! Let the Flashback discussion continue. Thank you ALL again for your patience. :drinks:
YMMV = Your Mileage May Vary - Not even OEM FW is guaranteed "safe" to flash.

Hey! Newbies (n00bs) - Click the blue links ;) - Forum Rules

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." ~James Dean
"Slatedroid: Where all the advice is free, even advice you don't want." ~Mark Adams #113449
"Women are Angels. When someone breaks our wings - we simply continue to fly - on a broomstick. We are flexible like that."

Posted Image ~cheers

#5 tlb1961

tlb1961

TeamDRH

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • LocationAridzona

Posted 21 July 2011 - 08:47 PM

Sweet, let the Flashback thread commence. Thanks msburnout.

Viewsonic gTablet - Currently running TeamDRH
JB Alpha 5.2 (4.1.1)
Samsung Galaxy S II E4GT - Stock ROM rooted.

Please show your support for the developers who are relentlessly working to bring the latest firmware to the GTab. JellyBean ain't too shabby if you ask me. :-)

TeamDRH
Team Flashback

#6 Tab_Modder

Tab_Modder

FW Developer

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 09:03 PM

Thank You MP4, Smoke3out and mrsburnout. Your support in getting us back up is much appreciated. G-tabbers receive the support here that shows SLD is where we belong!

#7 tlb1961

tlb1961

TeamDRH

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • LocationAridzona

Posted 21 July 2011 - 09:14 PM

Thank You MP4, Smoke3out and mrsburnout. Your support in getting us back up is much appreciated. G-tabbers receive the support here that shows SLD is where we belong!

My sentiments exactly. Now lets get back to work on this fabulous ROM you've come up with Mr. Bardell. Ahem, the screen shots? LOL

EDIT: Do we need to retain the locked thread?

Edited by tlb1961, 21 July 2011 - 09:17 PM.

JB Alpha 5.2 (4.1.1)

Please show your support for the developers who are relentlessly working to bring the latest firmware to the GTab. JellyBean ain't too shabby if you ask me. :-)

TeamDRH
Team Flashback

#8 Tab_Modder

Tab_Modder

FW Developer

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 09:18 PM

My sentiments exactly. Now lets get back to work on this fabulous ROM you've come up with Mr. Bardell. Ahem, the screen shots? LOL

LOL....how about tomorrow? I don't have a working ROM on my TAB at the moment. It has a mixture of Froyo, GB and honeycomb libs for the camera but won't go past the birds!

#9 desteele

desteele

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 09:22 PM

I did update Flash from the market but no love ...

#10 tlb1961

tlb1961

TeamDRH

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • LocationAridzona

Posted 21 July 2011 - 09:24 PM

LOL....how about tomorrow? I don't have a working ROM on my TAB at the moment. It has a mixture of Froyo, GB and honeycomb libs for the camera but won't go past the birds!

LMAO!! Can I help you with that? Have you tried NVFlash?

Edited by tlb1961, 21 July 2011 - 09:26 PM.

JB Alpha 5.2 (4.1.1)

TeamDRH
Team Flashback

#11 HiTekRedneck

HiTekRedneck

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • LocationCentral Kentucky USA

Posted 21 July 2011 - 09:25 PM

Throw a little Eclair goodness into the mix and you'll have a Kamikaze milkshake to die for.
Samsung SGS II Skyrocket - SkyICS 4.2 D-9
HD2 9193 on AT&T - CM7 2.3.7 Nightly 20120420
Viewsonic G-Tablet - TeamDRH ICS Beta 1.0
Asus Transformer - Android Revolution HD 3.0.1
B&N Nook Color - CM9 Stable OC'd @ 1.2
HP Touchpad 16 GB - CM9 Nightlies ICS with Bricked Kernel - OC'd @ 2.2
HP Touchpad 32 GB - AOKP ICS

#12 tlb1961

tlb1961

TeamDRH

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • LocationAridzona

Posted 21 July 2011 - 09:28 PM

I did update Flash from the market but no love ...

Can you elaborate a little? What browser are you using?

JB Alpha 5.2 (4.1.1)

TeamDRH
Team Flashback

#13 Tab_Modder

Tab_Modder

FW Developer

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 09:29 PM

LMAO!! Can I help you with that? Have you tried NVFlash?

LOL nvwho. Well that didn't work, back to the drawing board.

#14 Mach1-69

Mach1-69

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 09:29 PM

wow...pause for a few hours on this thread and alot happens. Hope things get back to normal soon!

Anyway on to the good stuff. Installed a5.5 over a5.4 with only a cache wipe and all is well. Everything that was working is still working great. Bluetooth headset works for the most part. It did studder or stop while changing apps but that might be normal? Maybe another one of the memory management issues with 512mb ram. Flash from the market works for most of the tests I tried with Opera. Still no go on the stock browser. No big deal, I prefer Opera anyways. I don't have Netflicks so I couldn't test it, but lots of happy users reporting that works (at least that's what was here. lol).

Overall very happy with this biuld of Honeycomb on a gTab. Thanks tlbardeljr!!! and everyone else that has made this what it is. So when does this move from an alpha stage?

Edited by Mach1-69, 21 July 2011 - 09:37 PM.

Viewsonic gTab
TeamDRH Dirty-Bean 4.2.X (b1.2)

#15 Tab_Modder

Tab_Modder

FW Developer

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 09:30 PM

Throw a little Eclair goodness into the mix and you'll have a Kamikaze milkshake to die for.

LOL If I had a Eclair ROM on my desktop handy I would try that too!

#16 desteele

desteele

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 09:32 PM

Can you elaborate a little? What browser are you using?

Opera Mobile with the hacked Flash from the data folder.

#17 tlb1961

tlb1961

TeamDRH

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • LocationAridzona

Posted 21 July 2011 - 09:35 PM

Opera Mobile with the hacked Flash from the data folder.

As an FYI, you need to use the latsest market Flash with Opera product.

The local "flash fix" apk is for stock browser.

JB Alpha 5.2 (4.1.1)

TeamDRH
Team Flashback

#18 Tab_Modder

Tab_Modder

FW Developer

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 09:38 PM

wow...pause for a few hours on this thread and alot happens. Hope things get back to normal soon!

Anyway on to the goo stuff. Installed a5.5 over a5.4 with only a cache wipe and all is well. Everything that was working is still working great. Bluetooth headset works for the most part. It did studder or stop while changing apps but that might be normal? Maybe another one of the memory management issues with 512mb ram. Flash from the market works for most tests I tried with Opera. Still no go on the stock browser. No big deal, I prefer Opera anyways. I don't have Netflicks so I couldn't test it, but lots of happy users with that working.

Overall very happy with this biuld of Honeycomb n a gTab. Thanks tlbardeljr!!! and everyone else that has made this what it is. So when does this move from an alpha stage?

My headset also cuts out when switching apps. Someone posted something last night about memory management for closing open apps. If they read this please post where that is again. It may help me work out additional memory issues.

The included flash app does play some flash in the stock browser.

IMO this moves from alpha when the camera works. I think all the hardware should function.

#19 sw6lee

sw6lee

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 09:51 PM

My headset also cuts out when switching apps. Someone posted something last night about memory management for closing open apps. If they read this please post where that is again. It may help me work out additional memory issues.

The included flash app does play some flash in the stock browser.

IMO this moves from alpha when the camera works. I think all the hardware should function.

it was me.. THANK YOU that u noticed it LOL. I wrote again today and its up in the mrsburnout's post.

here it is again:

"Before this thread got lost, I recently posted about with all the honeycomb roms, when even there is more than 150mb ram left, background process is killed in order to run the newly loaded app.

So this is one of the features for CM7 Nightlies by Icewyng: 7) Changed values for lowmemorykiller (07102011).

Can we Pleeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaazzzzeee have this feature for Flashback in the next or at least the update following that? With our 512 mb ram, I opened up 2 apps: opera and youtube. these are the only apps open and while I was watching 2(!!!) videos on youtube, the opera was killed by the memorymanager from honeycomb. I could see that by using task switcher (which takes about 4mb of ram) And I had to reload the web page on opera. btw opera only had about 2 or 3 tabs open. I really want a tablet OS, but because of multitasking, I am almost forced to go back to froyo or gingerbread...

Is the only possible solution buying a new tablet with 1gb of ram for 400~500 dollors?

Or can we plllllllleeeeeeaaaaaasssssseeeeee have that same feature used for cm7?"

LOL

#20 Tab_Modder

Tab_Modder

FW Developer

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 09:54 PM

it was me.. THANK YOU that u noticed it LOL. I wrote again today and its up in the mrsburnout's post.

here it is again:

"Before this thread got lost, I recently posted about with all the honeycomb roms, when even there is more than 150mb ram left, background process is killed in order to run the newly loaded app.

Is the only possible solution buying a new tablet with 1gb of ram for 400~500 dollors?

Or can we plllllllleeeeeeaaaaaasssssseeeeee have that same feature used for cm7?"

LOL

Thank You, I will check it out.