Gentouch78 stuck on Tuz screen!!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 anthonylo803

anthonylo803

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 12:17 PM

I have a Augen Gentouch78 and when i start it up it gets stuck on the screen with the tuz. I tried to reset with the reset button and it just gets stuck again. What can I do to fix this?

#2 Rev. Felix

Rev. Felix

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 09:26 AM

I have this problem, too, and I'm looking for help.

It happened last night when I tried installing the Amazon app store onto it. I did that successfully, and had just logged in (without rebooting) to my Amazon account in the app store and was about to start getting things set up with it. However, I got the low battery warning, so I fumbled for the AC adapter, but I didn't get it in time, and the Gentouch powered down on its own. I haven't been able to get it to boot properly since. By the way, I have what, I understand, is an older version, with a 2.5mm headphone jack.

I can get into the recovery mode, though, but doing a factory reset from there didn't work, nor did wiping the cache from there, and it seems like the only way I'd be able to restore it from there at this point is to get the right update file, and it seems it'll only accept one by this name:
update_intson_android.zip
I don't have any such file at the moment, though, and Googling for it hasn't brought me much luck so far. Also, the Augen site seems to be down now, so, I presume, I won't be able to get anything "direct from the source."

So, can anyone help me find a copy of the file I need, or show me another way to either get this thing restored, or put something else on it to get it working again?

Please note that, while I am quite familiar with computers, with an above-average knowledge and skill, I am not a developer. I can follow instructions, though, as long as they are written clearly enough for someone like me to follow, so please keep this in mind when you respond.

Thank you.

#3 stu

stu

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 01:34 PM

Mine is doing the same thing (again.)

This is the original issue I sent it in for late last year. As an FYI, Augen was actually able to fix it so there is a solution I just have no idea of what it is.

I have some of the updates saved for the thing:
http://seantu.com/Au...ware_100809.zip
http://seantu.com/Au...ware_100917.zip

If someone can figure out how to get the thing running again I'd like to know.

Checking the BBB site, it appears that Augen has finally gone out of business.

#4 Rev. Felix

Rev. Felix

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 12:47 PM

Does this require Windows XP? it doesn't seem to work in Vista -- either that, or my Gentouch is too far gone to be recognized as a USB deivce...

UPDATE: Apparently, XP was required, since I tried it on an XP netbook with the 100917 set of files (since I figured the numbers probably corresponded to the version, so that was probably the more recent one), and it worked! It even has Google's Android Market! I now have an Entourage Pocket Edge that I got used on ###########, basically because I found it to be an intriguing device, and it is -- I like it quite a bit more than than the Gentouch -- but it doesn't have Google's Android Market, so I can only install Amazon's app market and other third-party markets onto it, or install directly from .apk files. However, I found a app that can back up the apps on your device in .apk format and install apps from its backup archive, including ones from the Android Market, so I hope to be able to use that as a workaround to get apps from the Android Market onto my Edge! I've already taken advantage of this to use the backups that I had on my Gentouch's MicroSD card to install apps onto my Edge (although some that run on the Gentouch are incompatible with the Edge and won't install).

Thanks a LOT for the files, stu! :good:

Mine is doing the same thing (again.)

This is the original issue I sent it in for late last year. As an FYI, Augen was actually able to fix it so there is a solution I just have no idea of what it is.

I have some of the updates saved for the thing:
http://seantu.com/Au...ware_100809.zip
http://seantu.com/Au...ware_100917.zip

If someone can figure out how to get the thing running again I'd like to know.

Checking the BBB site, it appears that Augen has finally gone out of business.

Edited by Rev. Felix, 21 August 2011 - 06:23 PM.

#5 Carol Belcher

Carol Belcher

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:43 AM

I have a Augen Gentouch78 and when i start it up it gets stuck on the screen with the tuz. I tried to reset with the reset button and it just gets stuck again. What can I do to fix this?

Hello

Newbie Here, lol I have a question, I have 3 and one sticks, what is the Tuz screen?

Thanks