USB Charging Alternative

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jeffrey

Jeffrey

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 11:23 PM

Since the PDP charges at 5V. I am able to charge from a USB port on my laptop using "Zap" battery pack. The device uses 4 Nimh rechargeables, and has adaptors. One of which fits the charging jack...not a perfect fit but works in a pinch! The battery pack seems to work with the Planet on batteries only, but I haven't tested how much of a charge you would get from the 4 batteries alone. thanks for everyone on the wonderful work you have been doing to make the WPDN and now PDP well worth the prices I've paid.

Jeff

http://zapportableen...ry-charger.html

#2 greenlaptops

greenlaptops

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • LocationSLC Utah

Posted 19 July 2011 - 01:22 AM

Since the PDP charges at 5V. I am able to charge from a USB port on my laptop using "Zap" battery pack. The device uses 4 Nimh rechargeables, and has adaptors. One of which fits the charging jack...not a perfect fit but works in a pinch! The battery pack seems to work with the Planet on batteries only, but I haven't tested how much of a charge you would get from the 4 batteries alone. thanks for everyone on the wonderful work you have been doing to make the WPDN and now PDP well worth the prices I've paid.

Jeff

http://zapportableen...ry-charger.html

Nice find! But price kills the deal $36 + $6 (S&H) = $42 for a battery pack, I think I am going to pass on this deals, specially when I paid under $85 for the device (PDP). Thanks Jeff.

Good Luck!

Edit: Apologies to Jeff but it is cheaper at Amazon for under $25 shipped. Just in case, if anyone interested. Here is the LINK

Edited by greenlaptops, 19 July 2011 - 01:41 AM.

#3 Jeffrey

Jeffrey

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 09:57 AM

Nice find! But price kills the deal $36 + $6 (S&H) = $42 for a battery pack, I think I am going to pass on this deals, specially when I paid under $85 for the device (PDP). Thanks Jeff.

Good Luck!

Edit: Apologies to Jeff but it is cheaper at Amazon for under $25 shipped. Just in case, if anyone interested. Here is the LINK

I bought the Zap charger for other devices about a year ago...I-pod,Cell,mp3 player.I also use it just for charging AA,s when travelling.Just glad it also can be used for the Planet.

#4 Jeffrey

Jeffrey

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:01 AM

Just provided the link for reference, I bought my "pack" at a local store for $30.No apology req'd.

#5 Spz0

Spz0

Advanced Shoe Gum Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Location..Look under your Shoe..

Posted 19 July 2011 - 11:00 PM

Definitely a great concept m8. Thanks for the post. :)

Im on the search myself, for a higher mAh L-ion battery. Think I may have found one, but Im not sure it'll fit. I need to crack open my case and measure our current battery.
http://www.onlybatte...id=shopping-com

Edited by Spz0, 19 July 2011 - 11:00 PM.

I will not answer requests for help on bricked devices. USE THE SEARCH! If you are confused by clearly written instructions, you shouldn't be hacking your tablet!!!!!

Posted Image
.......Devices.......
.Moto Droid X
LiquidICS

------------------------------------
.Samsung Vitality (Admire)
OpenAndroid ROM 2.3
Spz0's OC Kernel

.Kyocera M6000(zio)
Rooted2.2.1
OpenZio ROM 2.1.2
Adrynalyne OC

.Pandigital Planet 2.3.4 REFRESH
OpenPDP ROM 2.3.4-v2.1

...and many other devices.

>>Donate<< to my Marriage counseling fund. o.0

#6 Alley

Alley

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationSouth end of Dallas/Ft. Worth

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:59 PM

Spz0, did you ever find a replacement/better battery?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users