Rk29xx ImageTools V2.1

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#61 devi8

devi8

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 04:14 AM

I had a look at these cramfs images mentioned here and elsewhere - the ones that give "cramfsck: bad root offset (0)" and report as "empty filesystem" when trying to mount.

With this small patch to cramfs you can extract the contents with cramfsck -x.

-	u32 namelen:CRAMFS_NAMELEN_WIDTH, offset:CRAMFS_OFFSET_WIDTH;
+	u32 pad:8, namelen:CRAMFS_NAMELEN_WIDTH;
+	u32 offset:CRAMFS_OFFSET_WIDTH;

• clamel likes this

#62 pkora

pkora

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 11:12 AM

I've managed to repack official update.img for PMP3384B (released 08.12) and include 'su' in it so i can root it - flashed and booted successfully!
I'll open a new thread as soon i get permissions!

thx wendal!!

#63 djestr

djestr

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:54 PM

Here here! Wendal's work is awesome!

#64 Zcat

Zcat

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 04:44 AM

i registered just to thank wendal and his toolkit for enabling me to root a nextbook 7 premium.same process as other poster said,download update image from nextbookusa.com,apply wendal tool process,put repacked image on sd card.i did have to do a factory reset on the tablet first,which i had already put market and numerous apps on.then,the process went smoothly.

When I upload the update.img file to my nextbook7, I got "Invalid firmware image" error. Is this the reason why you did a factory reset first?

#65 wilson pickett

wilson pickett

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 08:15 PM

When I upload the update.img file to my nextbook7, I got "Invalid firmware image" error. Is this the reason why you did a factory reset first?

l got the wrong firmware image error when using img,s uploaded by others.i downloaded the img that worked from netbookusa.com.on the first page it lists a fimware upgrade to correct wifi connection problems for netbook 7.i had no connection problems,but,i used that file anyhow.i used the one that is for units with serial numbers beginning 1011...as far as the reset i kept getting error on line 12 until,i did the factory reset.ihave no answers as to why that was.you could try ejecting the memory card then reinserting it while the machine is on,other's have reported success with this when getting the wrong image error.

#66 JHAres

JHAres

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 03:20 PM

Hi all,

I'm trying to root my Nextbook 7P, but I have no luck with the tool, What I did:

a) Rename update.img to wendal.img
B) run runme.bat, option 1 - unpack

The tool get stuck saying "Check file..." and the file update.img stays in 0 bytes.

Antivir disabled... What I'm doing wrong ? Can someone point a simple guide ?

Thanks and Happy Holidays...!!!
Javier

#67 Zcat

Zcat

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 01:12 AM

l got the wrong firmware image error when using img,s uploaded by others.i downloaded the img that worked from netbookusa.com.on the first page it lists a fimware upgrade to correct wifi connection problems for netbook 7.i had no connection problems,but,i used that file anyhow.i used the one that is for units with serial numbers beginning 1011...as far as the reset i kept getting error on line 12 until,i did the factory reset.ihave no answers as to why that was.you could try ejecting the memory card then reinserting it while the machine is on,other's have reported success with this when getting the wrong image error.

Unfortunately, ejecting/inserting the SD card doesn't work. Tried rebooting too. It seems that the firmware update is really specific to the NP7 serial numbers, up to the last digits. I may have to wait a bit longer before I can root my NP7.

#68 wilson pickett

wilson pickett

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 04:52 AM

you could try this.i haven't worth keeping an eye on.
http://forum.xda-dev....php?p=20751807

#69 Kevin (KtecK

Kevin (KtecK

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 03:24 AM

Great work on that tool Wendal :).. I love my NextBook Prem 7 without the bloat and of course adding Market. I got one issue tho it seems that sometimes the outputted update image isn't always proper and fails to flash. When that one fails the wendal image works.

Am i doing something wrong or is that a bug? Anyway thanks for you hard work no matter the qwerks that happen :)

#70 Catr8

Catr8

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 05:09 PM

Just want to say thank you Wendal for your great contribution, am a noob and want desperately to be able to get rw access to the Nextbook 7 premium have you or do you know of anyone that have rooted and modified the system crmfs?

Also how do I get to the recovery on this unit.

I appreciate any help I can get also if there is any tutorials out there to learn how to root/mod these unit so I can contribute as well. ;)

#71 goldanko

goldanko

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 05:40 AM

I have Noontec A9 TV Smart TV Box:
My steps:
1. Unpack official update.img from http://www.noontec.c...1.1.06_OC03.zip
2. Rename update.img to wendal.img and copy to directory with RX29XXImageTools
3. Run Runme.bat - check 1 - unpack
4. Error with unpack system.img - recompile cramfsck with patch by devi8
5. Unpack system.img correctly
6. Run Runme.bat - check 2 - pack
7. Rename wendal_new.img to update.img and flash from official fw (official update procedure from sdcard)
8. Bootloop.... device always restarted .... (bricked)

Any idea for my problem???

Edited by goldanko, 17 January 2012 - 11:19 AM.

#72 Kevin (KtecK

Kevin (KtecK

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:00 AM

It is auto rooted after the system image is unpacked. Tho it is slighty outdated su/superuser... my fix for that was replacing the superuser files in root of the tool with ones from http://androidsu.com/superuser/ .

Sent from my Next7P using Tapatalk

Edited by Kevin (KtecK, 11 January 2012 - 06:02 AM.

#73 Shally

Shally

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:21 PM

really GREAT stuff, tested on my Pad.. :D
thanks Mr. Wendal
:D :D :D

#74 bouldou

bouldou

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 06:31 PM

Hi Mr Wendal ! Thanks for this great tool, I used it to unpack the last firmware of my tablet, the U9GT2, but the last version is quite different from the previous one : when you unpack it, it separates the boot.img into

- a "small" boot.img file
- a kernel.img file

==> Do you know how to unpack this kernel.img file ?

Thank you !

#75 schlimig

schlimig

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 06:49 PM

I also have the Noontec A9 box and would love to be able to root it, although given goldanko's report and my lack of knowledge in this area, I might wait to see if anyone else more familiar knows what to do. The biggest issue with this one is a lack of recovery as there are no physical buttons to the device... perhaps there's a mod or even a button/headers on the mobo for this one - there's so little information about the device out there as it's only a few months old alas.

#76 Acura2201

Acura2201

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:19 AM

Wendal Hello, I turn to you because I do not find the information to recompile the boot of my BQ kepler. RK2918 is .. the problem I have is I want to change the boot, but not recompile the kernel, now with the new forms of installation packages are separate.
Kernel.img boot.img and are separated .. I can extract the boot files, compile it with:
mkbootfs ramdisk | gzip> ramdisk.bin

and then add this to exadecimal, 4B 4C 4E 52 7B 39 0E 00 KRNL == {9 ..

Not that I am wrong, or that I left to do, teach me to change the boot as well pack it please.

Then it starts flashing and .. I just want to change the RAMDISK and change parameters of partitions, etc, to further accelerate the system, since the mounting of partitions can be improved .. the data are low benchmack ...

I have a android ROM for HD2 (Stcok and MIUI) and the Optimus 3D. The repack optimus cost me a lot and finally got it ... please help, I have given the kepler and I get a ROM in Spain ..

A hug Wendal

#77 Catr8

Catr8

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 06:46 PM

Hello Wendal or Anyone!!!

I posted asking Also how do I get to the recovery on the Next7P I flashed DocHoppy's ROM but after a month of use it has went into freezing. HELP HELP HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

#78 theanping

theanping

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 10:45 AM

Hi all,
I had successfully update with DocHoppyRomV2.1, all things went smooth.
Except WIFI MAC address was gone, and also the 4 buttons were not functioning any more. Could any one help how to over come this? or anything i missed out, thanks.

Tan TP

#79 gedi223

gedi223

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 02:40 PM

using the firmwaretool it extracts

boot.img
kernel.img
misc.img
recovery.img
system.img (system img is a cramfs filesystem)

boot.img and recovery.img are cpio initrd files encapsulated in a head and a footer...

contents of boot.img
bytes 0..3 KNRL (header)
bytes 4..7 size of initrd data (header)
bytes 8..# initrd data
bytes #+1..#+4 4bytes check code (footer)

Does anyone know how to calculate the footer value ?

filling own request:
rkcrc tool from https://sites.google...let/apad-irobot seems to work.

Could you do a quick write up on this?

I have extracted the boot image, made the changes that i needed, then used cpio to repack the files, then gziped the image.

When I run rkcrc, all seems fine, but after flashing the new boot.img over its a no go.

# find . | cpio --create --format='newc' > /tmp/newboot

# gzip newboot

# rkcrc -p newboot.gz boot.img

Any suggestions?

Thanks

#80 Cubanito

Cubanito

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:01 PM

Hey folks i been looking all over the net for answers and help on how to root my Nextbook 7P so i can install a recovery and a custom rom and no luck until i came across this, i goto the Nextbook webside but there is no download for my Tablet? im kinda new to all this rooting stuff, some help would be appreciated.

My serial Number is YF061100431

Dont know what to do help would very much be appreciated all!!

Have a great evening..

Louie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users