I have noticed the battery readout on the PDP is inaccurate at best, so I have made an update zip to reset your battery stats, and instructions to properly recalibrate your battery.
I take no responsibility for bricked devices, as usual, so USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!.
- Download update-battery-cal.zip located http://www.mediafire.com/?zkoqbncipispity and rename to update.zip
- Copy to the root of your SDCard (make sure there are no other update zips present)
- Charge the phone to full battery. (You can check by going to: Settings -> About Phone -> Status -> Battery Level = Full.)
- Shut down your PDP (DO NOT DISCONNECT CHARGER).
- You may be able to charge a touch more with the power off, so charge until full (some users have a green light indicating full, others, the red charge led just shuts off).
- Boot to recovery mode (Power + vol. up) - Keep the charger plugged in!!!!
- Apply update.zip
- Reboot your PDP (KEEP CHARGER PLUGGED IN!)
- Once your PDP is rebooted, THEN unplug your charger.
- IMPORTANT STEP!!! --> Use your PDP until the battery completely drains, resulting in automatic power off.****
- Charge your PDP once more to 100% as you normally would (with power off).
- Your battery is now calibrated!
You should do this every 4-5 months for optimal battery performance (reason being, as your battery ages the performance slides slightly).
Keep in mind that if you erase your data partition (ie: factory reset, or fw update), you should recalibrate again, as that also wipes your battery stats.
****: Keep in mind that cpu/gpu intensive tasks will pull more voltage from the battery, resulting in the battery telling the OS it is more drained than it actually is. I recommend downloading Pandora, and just run your PDPs battery down with that (while keeping your display on high). This will be a steady drain, resulting in an actual 0% auto shut off scenario.
Edited by mrsburnout, 16 July 2011 - 08:55 AM.
Reduced font size. No need to shout.