• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#1 my tablet...

my tablet...

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 01:23 PM

Hi!

I'm trying to connect a 3G USB Modem (Huawei E1752)... but don't work. If you have information about this or you are doing please share it with us.

At first I try to connect directly the E1752, but the tablet screen freezes... After I read that we must to disable the massstorage functionality, then I do it and the tablet screen doen't freezes :rolleyes: but I go to "Settings/Wireless & Networks/Mobile Networks/Network operators" and the tablet show me this message that never ends "searching...", it never find a operator network.

I'm reading this XDA topic http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1118639, but... I don't understand any word.

Another problem is that our SO do not save the APN, I solved it with an app called "APN Manager" (search it in market).

Sorry for my english :p

#2 RaZz0R

RaZz0R

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 10 July 2011 - 10:30 PM

APN Manager doesn't solve it - I have test 2 3g modems and with both APN manager reports there is no active apn... even tho there is.
Samsung Galaxy S | Darkys Rom v10.1 | Dropad Ax8 - projects and works starting|
"Flash it, then flash it some more - if it don't boot, recovery and flash again!!"
Its a flashy life for me :p
Read my AX8 blog: http://www.slatedroi...at-1-dropad-ax8

#3 my tablet...

my tablet...

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 05:13 AM

RaZzor that is a bad new...
I'm searching information in google but there isn't nothing interesting. I'm anxious because I need it for the holidays. What surprises me is that in NowSupplier say it works with WU500, but they do not explain anything.

#4 RaZz0R

RaZz0R

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 07:22 AM

I'd like to see that working
"Flash it, then flash it some more - if it don't boot, recovery and flash again!!"

#5 q7xa1

q7xa1

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 04:12 PM

I'd like to see that working

hi RaZz0R, you are fighting on many places... and that's great if i think how much time you invest doing this job. but again ... here is a product offered, and promised features that have never worked. i can not do without 3G. if you ask the manufacturer... you get no answer. of course you can send the tablet back to the dealer. that costs you (me) about 30-50€ (i remember your words about 'good money'). i think that's embarrassing. this forum is helpful in many cases, but i feel very helpless and wonder that no one here gets nasty.

Edited by q7xa1, 13 July 2011 - 04:15 PM.

#6 EdgeTK

EdgeTK

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, Bay Area

Posted 13 July 2011 - 04:32 PM

hi RaZz0R, you are fighting on many places... and that's great if i think how much time you invest doing this job. but again ... here is a product offered, and promised features that have never worked. i can not do without 3G. if you ask the manufacturer... you get no answer. of course you can send the tablet back to the dealer. that costs you (me) about 30-50€ (i remember your words about 'good money'). i think that's embarrassing. this forum is helpful in many cases, but i feel very helpless and wonder that no one here gets nasty.

I don't have (and wont for another week or so) one of these tablets in front of me...

A lot of us are just as interested in the journey as the destination. As in if my unit arrives and has a hardware issue I fully intend to preform repairs / modifications myself. I work in IT and am very comfortable with software/hardware issues and other than being smashed to bits I feel like everything has a solution. I also have no problem reselling this types of devices on craigslist/########### if I have grown tired of it / learned all I can from it. In fact I've made enough profit on the Zenithink tabs recently posted on SD that the ax8 I got coming is essential free.

This is also a very new device and there are going to be some software issues until both the manufacture and the modders really get into fine tuning it for the capable hardware this unit boats. I really look forward to what I can do in the future with it as do I think the enthusiast here.

I know its frustrating when things don't work, keep at it though you've got a forum full of tech heads that have purchased this tablet and are working / will be working to maximize its potential and help other users with problems.

#7 my tablet...

my tablet...

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 04:45 PM

Nothing about 3G modems? :lol: :lol:
I try to do wifi tethering whit a HTC Hero (Android), but the Dropad don't find the wifi network created by the tethering app <_< I try in differents wifi channels, but don't work.

#8 q7xa1

q7xa1

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 05:08 PM

I don't have (and wont for another week or so) one of these tablets in front of me...

....A lot of us are just as interested in the journey as the destination....

hi EdgeTK, if you buy a holiday trip, you like to come where you wanted to be. so then if you'r arriving you could say you'r paying for the journey. but here you dont't come where you should be. so you wasted money and a lot of time trying to help yourself.
BTW i know nothing about android, and i wont like to learn all the internals (1. because there is no time left). but i know some fundamentals of computing. i'm a mainframe systemsprogrammer doing most programming still with assembler but i also know visual basic and .net and i can solder, but i bought and payed this A8X just to work with it... not on it!

Edited by q7xa1, 13 July 2011 - 05:10 PM.

#9 RaZz0R

RaZz0R

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 10:10 PM

Nah not figting mate - just trying to help.

I pretty much agree - the unit is not fully functional as per what was put out as the specs and what it could support and do.
It does *oops me - but the truth of it all is we all knew that this might have been the case - more so with Android 2.2.

If anyone bought this unit expecting it to be 100% for 200 bucks. Then those people are simply dreaming and should go spend the 600+ on a full brand name tablet that will be 100%. (Maybe?) :)
I just hope everything will be fixed with the OS & software.

Also my words about good money..... what I was trying to say was for 200 bucks, I am suprised this unit works as well as it does. When you look at the features of this unit, other full branded tabs are worth twice as much.

It also gets to me when someone buys somethign cheap in IT... or in fact anywhere, cars are worse, that they complain when it doesn't work 100%.
You pay for what you get - meaning if its cheap - expect it to work cheaply!

#10 q7xa1

q7xa1

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 06:17 AM

thank you RaZz0r, i see... better i should not talk the topic further, and promised this is my absolutly last comment because it doesn't help. yep, you are only partially right. probably you know better than me and most others, which value is inside of such a tablet. clearly i buy chinese stuff because there produced goods are in fact cheap. isn’t it, the guys use chips on market available and construct these devices. unfortunately, then adjusting the software (developed by others?) works not perfect. are there so many amateur engineers or why else do manufacturer sell the equipment before it works? for me many of the built-in functions are not really important. i need no GPS and no HDMI and the front camera (which is yesterday) either. concerning the money ... 600 bucks i would not spend for such a device. 170Euro (including DHL) and 40Euro tax is the equivalent of 300 bucks. then if the predicted functions doesn’t go, good money is thrown away.

Nah not figting mate - just trying to help.

I pretty much agree - the unit is not fully functional as per what was put out as the specs and what it could support and do.
It does *oops me - but the truth of it all is we all knew that this might have been the case - more so with Android 2.2.

If anyone bought this unit expecting it to be 100% for 200 bucks. Then those people are simply dreaming and should go spend the 600+ on a full brand name tablet that will be 100%. (Maybe?) :)
I just hope everything will be fixed with the OS & software.

Also my words about good money..... what I was trying to say was for 200 bucks, I am suprised this unit works as well as it does. When you look at the features of this unit, other full branded tabs are worth twice as much.

It also gets to me when someone buys somethign cheap in IT... or in fact anywhere, cars are worse, that they complain when it doesn't work 100%.
You pay for what you get - meaning if its cheap - expect it to work cheaply!

#11 RaZz0R

RaZz0R

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 08:33 AM

thank you RaZz0r, i see... concerning the money ... 600 bucks i would not spend for such a device. 170Euro (including DHL) and 40Euro tax is the equivalent of 300 bucks. then if the predicted functions doesn’t go, good money is thrown away.

Wow... I am very sorry. I kinda forgot the power of the Australian dollar at the moment is very good.
300euro is pretty harsh.

But really... I have to point out... even tho my house mate told me not to...

You spent 300euro on a tablet from China. Where cheap = not always right. Cheap parts fail early. \

For about 100 more you could have gotten a Acer Icona tab with all the features including built in 3g for 413.71euro ! For a 32GB internal memory model!
Or you could have gotten the ASUS transformer tab, 16gb model for as little as 364.37Euro!

You bought a 300euro China tab, that you still need to get a 3g modem for which is anopther 50 ~ 100?? which puts you over 400 already.
In fact for 300Aud which is 227.73Euro I bought a Samsung Galaxy 3G tablet, 7" that was "locked" to a network carrier. Simple hacks & reading got rid of the lock & gave me a full Samsung galaxy tab 3G for 300 total and my time.
I admit it was second hand, not that you can tell. I think you should have researched more.

Edited by RaZz0R, 14 July 2011 - 08:34 AM.

#12 q7xa1

q7xa1

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 10:30 AM

You bought a 300euro China tab, that you still need to get a 3g modem for which is anopther 50 ~ 100?? which puts you over 400 already.

nice answer -lol- if your house mate is quite good reading also, then ask her where your mistake is. she will certainly tell you. but let me give you a hand: 170+40 = 210 ok? and 210€ is about 300US$ (bucks) don't know how much your aussie $ is. btw my 3G dongle i had already (as i posted earlier), and that was 19€ when i bought it here in old germany!
sorry didn't keep my promise but
you tell the truth just like me, why we should be enemies?

Edited by q7xa1, 14 July 2011 - 10:58 AM.

#13 EdgeTK

EdgeTK

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, Bay Area

Posted 14 July 2011 - 11:18 AM

nice answer -lol- if your house mate is quite good reading also, then ask her where your mistake is. she will certainly tell you. but let me give you a hand: 170+40 = 210 ok? and 210€ is about 300US$ (bucks) don't know how much your aussie $ is. btw my 3G dongle i had already (as i posted earlier), and that was 19€ when i bought it here in old germany!
sorry didn't keep my promise but
you tell the truth just like me, why we should be enemies?

No enemies, we're all friends here! I just worry that you are going to get a frown stuck on your face :o

Like I said I've got a unit on the way, Roger might be getting one (maybe we should encourage him) I've seen some *smart* people here. Give it a little time and lets see what we can do with the A8X, maybe you'll like it better in a month or so.

#14 RaZz0R

RaZz0R

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 12:40 PM

No enemies, we're all friends here! I just worry that you are going to get a frown stuck on your face :o

Just like he said mate ;) I am not trying to be mean - just pointing out how it really is from China.
I didn't ask the admin here to get us a sub forum for nothing. I asked so we could all have a place to work through the problems.

I know what needs to be done - just my works gotten crazy as we are taking on their bigest client and I have to rip apart their IT servers and redesign the whole lot
including clusters, virtual layers & thin client server farms ;)
I am just lost at the moment, I know the next steps, but between my girlfriend and work I am getting told off lol :)

Stick with it, I am sure we will all get them 100% in time.

:drinks:

PS: yeah I miss read ya post lol 1+1=3 right?? :rofl:

Edited by RaZz0R, 14 July 2011 - 12:41 PM.

#15 OmCaE1

OmCaE1

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 01:16 PM

Nothing about 3G modems? :lol: :lol:
I try to do wifi tethering whit a HTC Hero (Android), but the Dropad don't find the wifi network created by the tethering app <_< I try in differents wifi channels, but don't work.

On my Dropad A8X (fw 0705) I have tried USB dongle (Huawei E1550) with no result. Then I have tried WiFi tethering (Nokia E65 with JoikuSpot), only to discover that ad-hoc networks are not supported as a standard by the A8X. And I do need to have internet while I'm abroad.
So I have tested the Huawei E585 MiFi. And that works flawlessly. As long as your SIM (pre-paid / abo) supports Internet access it works. Because the E585 has its configuration software built-in, it works with any device that can connect via WiFi. It can also connect via USB, but I haven't tested that. The E585 is more expensive than a USB dongle, but it can support 5 WiFi devices at once as a standard infrastructure access point.

#16 bigorna

bigorna

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 09:53 AM

I'm curious to know if the new Beta 2.3 will solve the 3G bug...

#17 minhangre

minhangre

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 03:55 PM

3G not working after the update.

#18 RaZz0R

RaZz0R

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 09:41 PM

did you make sure your 3g usb stick is set to be a modem only and not mount the SDcard slot it has?

#19 Pokol

Pokol

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 10:37 PM

is really very simple. For something to work from day one and supported by the manufacturer, do not look for in a Chinese website

otherwise is to dream

#20 tcb

tcb

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 07:17 PM

Hi guys,

also testing 3G USB modems. Just tested the Huawei K3565 and no luck. Can see the "(no service)" and then "China Unicom" in loop (please do note that I'm not in China, not even nearby). So this means no luck with this modem. Tomorrow will have access to Huawei E220 and Huawei K4505. Will post here once tested.

Edited by tcb, 12 August 2011 - 07:18 PM.