53 replies to this topic

#1 Roger Calver

Roger Calver

Firmware Dev

• Global Moderators
  • 2,737 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 08 July 2011 - 01:49 PM

OK Ive just uploaded Singularity SkyPad Alpha Beta v1 to the FTP server.

Slatedroid Singularity SkyPad Alpha Beta v1

Change Log :

Based on Stock Firmware Gingerbread 2.3.3 build number M01FV001T20110701135219,
Rooted - SU binary & Superuser.apk added,
Gapps added, Market & Gmail installed - use Market to install others like Gmapps etc,
Build.prop name changed & Skype settings edited,

Apps added,

Dolphin Browser HD,
eBuddy,
Spare Parts+ (Free),
Quadrant Standard,
Adobe Flash Player 10.3,
Launcher Pro,
Go Launcher EX,

Post install Instructions,

On first boot you need to set the touch screen calibration (screen will show a white cross you need to press 3 times),
I suggest that you install Chainfire3D from Market as it speeds up the tablet !,
Use Spare Parts+ to change the animation speeds to fast and also change wifi sleep policy to never,

Look for it in the SkyPad Alpha area of the FTP server below.
http://173.255.228.138/%7Erogercalver/

Rog.

This post has been promoted to an article
  • skytex skypad usr likes this
Slatedroid Singularity

#2 Roger Calver

Roger Calver

Firmware Dev

• Global Moderators
  • 2,737 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 16 July 2011 - 06:41 AM

The SkyPad Alpha arrived yesterday, many thanks to Joe at SkyTex for sending me the tablet :)

I have been playing around with it and have got full root access and Gapps working now, Market, Gmail & Maps all work but I havent as of yet test Talk and some other parts.
Market access is very good and tested in searching for Skype, Go Launcher and other things with complete success.

I will be uploading soon'ish after some more testing.

Again thanks goto Joe at SkyTex for this tablet, a video review will be coming soon as well.

Rog.
Slatedroid Singularity

#3 mrsburnout

mrsburnout

"Linkmeister"

• Administrators
  • 7,272 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 July 2011 - 07:07 AM

:clapping: Excellent! Go Roger! :yahoo:

Looking forward to your video.
YMMV = Your Mileage May Vary - Not even OEM FW is guaranteed "safe" to flash.

Hey! Newbies (n00bs) - Click the blue links ;) - Forum Rules

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." ~James Dean
"Slatedroid: Where all the advice is free, even advice you don't want." ~Mark Adams #113449
"Women are Angels. When someone breaks our wings - we simply continue to fly - on a broomstick. We are flexible like that."

Posted Image ~cheers

#4 Roger Calver

Roger Calver

Firmware Dev

• Global Moderators
  • 2,737 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 16 July 2011 - 01:22 PM

Im uploading Beta v1 now.
Slatedroid Singularity

#5 dominyanno

dominyanno

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 09:15 AM

Gapps added, Market & Gmail installed - use Market to install others like Gmapps etc,

Awesome!! Question, do i use this file like i would loading a custom rom? Go into the recovery/bootloader thing and update using the zip file? Thanks! And you got that done so fast.

#6 Roger Calver

Roger Calver

Firmware Dev

• Global Moderators
  • 2,737 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 18 July 2011 - 09:22 AM

Its done the same way you did the one sent to you from SkyTex.
Slatedroid Singularity

#7 dominyanno

dominyanno

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 09:32 AM

Ok, thanks. Will try this tonight and im happy to see Flash 10.3 is on there since i cant get past 10.1 at the moment with the test version they gave me.

#8 charger_medic

charger_medic

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Locationwest virginia

Posted 06 August 2011 - 01:45 PM

hi i'm relatively new to all this and this is my first tablet any advise u could give me and how to go about installing this?

#9 bdds13

bdds13

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 12:53 AM

I don't know if this is the right thread for this question but does the skypad support class 10 micro sdhc cards?

#10 Vincenzo

Vincenzo

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 11:45 AM

Slatedroid singularity for skytex skypad

download @ vplace.tk
my site - android tablets firmware,guides,reviews: http://www.vplace.tk/
follow me on twitter: @vplacetk

#11 bdds13

bdds13

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 01:13 AM

How do I install this update on my skypad tablet?

#12 Kairnage

Kairnage

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 05:07 PM

Doing a fileshare now will post the link when done. Roger If you need any alpha or beta testers, my pad comes tomorrow.

Singularity Skypad Alpha Beta V1

Edited by Kairnage, 29 August 2011 - 09:49 PM.

If you Like my efforts please feel free to donate, the price of Pepsi Max keeps going up. DONATE HERE

Skytex Promotional code SLATE25OFF on Skytex tablets for all Slatedroid members @ shop.skytex.com

Skytex Skypad S10 Rabid ROM Beta v1.0
Skytex Imagine 10 Rabid ROM v10 Jelly Bean
Skytex SP712 ICS Stock
HP Touchpad Dual Boot WebOs and CM9
Skytex Skypad Gemini 7" ICS Rabid ROM V1.0
Excite 10 Tegra 3 Stock ICS
Elocity A7+ Evilocity ROM
Sylvania SynetLP 7" Rooted

#13 Skytex_Joe

Skytex_Joe

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 09:18 PM

I don't know if this is the right thread for this question but does the skypad support class 10 micro sdhc cards?

Sorry for the late response... we haven't tested anything above a class 4 16gb microSD card in house. We know 32gb cards will work and have been tested, but not sure of the class rating. Our hardware team has told us that our device can accept up to a 64GB microSD card, but since that's not even testable right now, we don't advertise it.

I think any class card should be compatible, but you won't necessarily see the speed benefits of a class 10 card. If you already have a class 10 card and just want to use it with the device, it should be fine... but if you don't have a card yet, I'd recommend a slower class just in terms of cost, since I don't believe you'll see much benefit from the class 10 card.

#14 skytex skypad usr

skytex skypad usr

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationMN

Posted 29 August 2011 - 09:57 PM

I hope there will be a tutorial to follow up on this! I'm very excited to have my tablet running like (Roger Calver) with the core android apps working.
just bought a skytex skypad alpha 7 off of amazon for $155
its a cheap tab, and that the reason I got it
http://www.skytex.co...-tablets/skypad

Its got the Alpha A motherboard I beleive.

Its got android 2.3.3 on it. I just rooted using gingerbreak, now I want to know how to install the stock version of android so I can have access to the real Droid Marketplace, and G apps

#15 Kairnage

Kairnage

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 10:13 PM

Sorry for the late response... we haven't tested anything above a class 4 16gb microSD card in house. We know 32gb cards will work and have been tested, but not sure of the class rating. Our hardware team has told us that our device can accept up to a 64GB microSD card, but since that's not even testable right now, we don't advertise it.

I think any class card should be compatible, but you won't necessarily see the speed benefits of a class 10 card. If you already have a class 10 card and just want to use it with the device, it should be fine... but if you don't have a card yet, I'd recommend a slower class just in terms of cost, since I don't believe you'll see much benefit from the class 10 card.

Class 10 is kind of a debate point. Unless your system has a SDHC Ver 3.0 spec it can't take advantage of the class 10 speed. But Ver 2.0 is limited to 32Gb so if the engineers say it can handle potentially 64GB then they probably are Ver 3. Then it relies on whether or not the system itself can take advantage of the speed. You can make a Granada look like a Ferrari but it is still a Granada underneath. I would agree that the class 10 is just money wasted when class 6 are getting so cheap.
  • Skytex_Joe likes this

If you Like my efforts please feel free to donate, the price of Pepsi Max keeps going up. DONATE HERE

Skytex Promotional code SLATE25OFF on Skytex tablets for all Slatedroid members @ shop.skytex.com

Skytex SP712 ICS Stock

#16 Kairnage

Kairnage

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 10:06 AM

Roger and NH, let me know if you need a tester with a B revision Skypad.

Skytex SP712 ICS Stock

#17 Xyrm

Xyrm

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 05:10 PM

I am going to be getting my Skypad Wednesday or so. I have been reading these forums and want to install Singularity onto it when I get, but I am not sure how to do that. I have looked through the forums and can't find a way to do this, did I miss it or could someone help me out? Thanks.

#18 Kairnage

Kairnage

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 10:01 PM

I am going to be getting my Skypad Wednesday or so. I have been reading these forums and want to install Singularity onto it when I get, but I am not sure how to do that. I have looked through the forums and can't find a way to do this, did I miss it or could someone help me out? Thanks.

The instructions are here. But to use the Singularity rom you need to determine which revision you have A or B. If you have a green field on the box you have an A, if you have an orange sunset field you have a B. Currently only A revisions can use the singularity ROM.

Skytex SP712 ICS Stock

#19 mhsieh

mhsieh

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 01:25 PM

Thanks for the info, I'll be purchasing my Skytex soon and was looking for a card and will keep this in mind.

#20 Uriel

Uriel

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 05:56 AM

OK Ive just uploaded Singularity SkyPad Alpha Beta v1 to the FTP server.

Slatedroid Singularity SkyPad Alpha Beta v1

Change Log :

Based on Stock Firmware Gingerbread 2.3.3 build number M01FV001T20110701135219,
Rooted - SU binary & Superuser.apk added,
Build.prop name changed & Skype settings edited,

Apps added,

Dolphin Browser HD,
eBuddy,
Spare Parts+ (Free),
Quadrant Standard,
Adobe Flash Player 10.3,
Launcher Pro,
Go Launcher EX,

Post install Instructions,

On first boot you need to set the touch screen calibration (screen will show a white cross you need to press 3 times),
I suggest that you install Chainfire3D from Market as it speeds up the tablet !,
Use Spare Parts+ to change the animation speeds to fast and also change wifi sleep policy to never,

Look for it in the SkyPad Alpha area of the FTP server below.
http://173.255.228.138/%7Erogercalver/

Rog.

This post has been promoted to an article

Great Job. I flashed it (just the time to set up properly VirtualBox under Linux) and everything is great now. Thanks.

Just a little issue that I never had before (with the old ROM) : when the system was in powersaving -black screen- and I go back, then the touchscreen is stopping. I can't either tap to enter the home, looks like it ignores the pen. It displays the 9 circles to enter, but the pen is doing nothing. Is there any setting I need to change, or any suggestion?

Thanks in advance

Uriel