Photo

Top things you should know before purchase EKEN M009S(cheapest android2.2)

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 wrinkle

wrinkle

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 12:41 AM

we should do very extensive research before we invest in any type of tablet pcs,
even though M009S is the cheapest android2.2 in the market.Here i collect all things
you need to make them clearly before you buy Eken M009S:

*CPU: VIA 8650, 300~800MHz or 350mhz only?
*Device supports support 3G or external 3G modem?
*Can I use an USB Hub to multiply the USB output for mouse and keyboard??
*Support Multi-touch?
*Support Flash 10.1 or not?
*Battery: 2400MAH or 1600 MAH?
*Include USB/RJ45 adapter ?
*Has Android Market or not?
*Does it Come With RJ45 adapter for 2 usb ?
*Internal memory: 2G memory (the Android system used about 1G).
*Video calls in Skype?
*Does it support GPS dongle?
*Is it support Unicode ? can Install new font?
*video format supports 720P or 480P?

#2 Talor

Talor

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 01:06 AM

there are a lot of fake eken m009s, could you please answer those questions you listed and let us know how to distinguish? BTW, what do you think of this one: http://www.pandawill...-ui-p41641.html, fake or not? Sorry for my question, but i want to know more before purchase. Thanks in advance

#3 androidlove

androidlove

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 01:03 AM

Some discussion about this Eken M009s is also going on at Pandawill forum. One member mentioned he tried the firmware for eken M009s and it also worked well on M001.

http://www.pandawill...light=Eken+M009

Please see the #5 floor, what polikarpa said. He thinks M009s not the real android 2.2, just a better android 1.6 device.

Edited by androidlove, 08 July 2011 - 01:04 AM.

#4 wrinkle

wrinkle

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 03:04 AM

there are a lot of fake eken m009s, could you please answer those questions you listed and let us know how to distinguish? BTW, what do you think of this one: http://www.pandawill...-ui-p41641.html, fake or not? Sorry for my question, but i want to know more before purchase. Thanks in advance

i never heard of fake M009S, so sorry :(

#5 wrinkle

wrinkle

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 03:20 AM

Some discussion about this Eken M009s is also going on at Pandawill forum. One member mentioned he tried the firmware for eken M009s and it also worked well on M001.

Please see the #5 floor, what polikarpa said. He thinks M009s not the real android 2.2, just a better android 1.6 device.

firmare and android system version you shared above will be added to my questions, good points :)

#6 geekbang

geekbang

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 04:29 AM

we should do very extensive research before we invest in any type of tablet pcs,
even though M009S is the cheapest android2.2 in the market.Here i collect all things
you need to make them clearly before you buy Eken M009S:

*CPU: VIA 8650, 300~800MHz or 350mhz only?
*Device supports support 3G or external 3G modem?
*Can I use an USB Hub to multiply the USB output for mouse and keyboard??
*Support Multi-touch?
*Support Flash 10.1 or not?
*Battery: 2400MAH or 1600 MAH?
*Include USB/RJ45 adapter ?
*Has Android Market or not?
*Does it Come With RJ45 adapter for 2 usb ?
*Internal memory: 2G memory (the Android system used about 1G).
*Video calls in Skype?
*Does it support GPS dongle?
*Is it support Unicode ? can Install new font?
*video format supports 720P or 480P?

Very few models installed with OS under Android 3.0 can support skype video call, I haven't heard of any till now. OS of this VIA8650 model is android 2.2, surely can't support skype video. Also, can't support Netflix, neither. This device could be considered as a little toy for playing and reading and surfing. More expectation is not reasonable. :D

#7 wrinkle

wrinkle

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 10:20 PM

Very few models installed with OS under Android 3.0 can support skype video call, I haven't heard of any till now. OS of this VIA8650 model is android 2.2, surely can't support skype video. Also, can't support Netflix, neither. This device could be considered as a little toy for playing and reading and surfing. More expectation is not reasonable. :D

hi,it can not support Nexflix, have you tried it or just make a guess? and i think that most guys like video on youtube just like me :)

#8 CyBerJak

CyBerJak

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 10:58 PM

I have an m009 I got off someone. Pay close attention to the details.
Blue light and green headphone jack is a sign it's a clone. This one was so poorly put together that the battery causes a data cable to the power on switch to get pulled out. Also. The fake clone manufactures are listing them as 256mb ram and android 2.2. Yet if u browse using their Es file explorer to /proc and look at meminfo file in HTML viewer. It clearly shows it's 128mb. This also shows in most system info tools. As well they made some software mods to mask the android version. It's actually 1.6. Considering I bought it as dead from another person for £20 I'm not going to complain. As well it's now running an actual 2.2 rom from hch
Zenithink ZT-180 256mb/2Gb Ruby 0603 Rom
Fake Eken M009 128mb/2Gb 7" HcH Uberdroid Custom Rom
Samsung Galaxy S JVO (XEU) Official Rom
HTC HD7 16Gb (Windows Phone 7)
Blackberry 9700 Bold ( Os 6 )
iPhone 4 16gb ( iOS 4.3.3 )

#9 troppo

troppo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 02:16 AM

Thanks for that link androidlove, brought my cheap tablet back to life with that. The big d/l link didnt work but the three smaller links did. Only problem now is the screen doesnt rotate like it used to (i`m only a newbie to all this stuff) hopefully i`ll find the answer on the boards somewhere
Cheers
Troppo

Edited by troppo, 09 July 2011 - 02:19 AM.

#10 wrinkle

wrinkle

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 04:24 AM

hi, troppo,restore to Original Factory Settings, have a try and hope can help u out :)

#11 troppo

troppo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 04:58 AM

hi, troppo,restore to Original Factory Settings, have a try and hope can help u out :)

OK, tried that. The useless manual that came with it said to go to ..settings....sd card and device storage....factory data reset.
Well that path only goes as far as sd card and device storage, there is no factory data reset (told you i was a newbie).
I can rotate the screen manually but it wont do it automatically and i dont know how to reset to factory :S, sorry if i`m asking stupid questions but i`d really love to get this working properly again.
Cheers
Troppo

#12 CyBerJak

CyBerJak

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 09:06 PM

Try privacy under settings. Thats another hiding place if it was implemented. I have found 1 tablet from zenithink that originally didn't have factory data reset. Was my zt-180 v1 want until I upgraded it's rom to a 2.2 from 2.1 that it got the feature

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
Zenithink ZT-180 256mb/2Gb Ruby 0603 Rom
Fake Eken M009 128mb/2Gb 7" HcH Uberdroid Custom Rom
Samsung Galaxy S JVO (XEU) Official Rom
HTC HD7 16Gb (Windows Phone 7)
Blackberry 9700 Bold ( Os 6 )
iPhone 4 16gb ( iOS 4.3.3 )

#13 troppo

troppo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 09:39 PM

Try privacy under settings. Thats another hiding place if it was implemented. I have found 1 tablet from zenithink that originally didn't have factory data reset. Was my zt-180 v1 want until I upgraded it's rom to a 2.2 from 2.1 that it got the feature

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Thanks Jak, thats where it was, reset to factory but the auto rotate still wont work. I`m thinking its something to do with the rom i used. Doesnt really matter, i can rotate it manually and i dont play any games that need it so it looks like i`m stuck with it. At least the tablet is working again.
Cheers
Troppo

Edit.
Well it seems i used the wrong rom, i did a lot of reading and studying and finally decided to use this one
http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/19080-rom-eken-m009s-131-615-release-modified-tweaked/
It seems to be playing nice so far, the g-sensor works so now its off to play with it and see if the other bits all work.
Thanks for all the advice guys, muchly appreciated.
Cheers
Troppo

Edited by troppo, 10 July 2011 - 11:52 PM.

#14 wrinkle

wrinkle

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 12:34 AM

any other tips who can share here?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users