• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 fewt

fewt

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 07:07 AM

Does anyone know if the planet supports USB host mode? It would be pretty sweet to be able to use a keyboard with this thing sometimes, but I don't have an adapter to test with. :)
[ ~/Blog ] - [ Fuduntu ] - [ Fuduntu Forum ] - [ Jupiter ] - [ Aurora ]

#2 greenlaptops

greenlaptops

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • LocationSLC Utah

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:45 PM

Does anyone know if the planet supports USB host mode? It would be pretty sweet to be able to use a keyboard with this thing sometimes, but I don't have an adapter to test with. :)

I don't think so, I tried to connect a "Bluetooth Adapter" through the USB port to use with my "Groove IP" setup but it did not worked than I tried a USB headphone it never worked either. I never tried a Keyboard or Mouse though. Yeah it will be sweet to have a "keyboard" to be attached to it if we can somehow make it USB host compatible.

#3 fewt

fewt

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 05:59 PM

Well, I spliced a cable and also tried to put it in host port mode by shorting the data lines when it was powered on and it didn't seem to do anything.

Was worth a shot. :mellow:

#4 Spz0

Spz0

Advanced Shoe Gum Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts
  • Location..Look under your Shoe..

Posted 09 July 2011 - 10:58 AM

If/when we obtain source, we'll be able to add USBhost functionality to the Kernel.
I will not answer requests for help on bricked devices. USE THE SEARCH! If you are confused by clearly written instructions, you shouldn't be hacking your tablet!!!!!

Posted Image
.......Devices.......
.Moto Droid X
LiquidICS

------------------------------------
.Samsung Vitality (Admire)
OpenAndroid ROM 2.3
Spz0's OC Kernel

.Kyocera M6000(zio)
Rooted2.2.1
OpenZio ROM 2.1.2
Adrynalyne OC

.Pandigital Planet 2.3.4 REFRESH
OpenPDP ROM 2.3.4-v2.1

...and many other devices.

>>Donate<< to my Marriage counseling fund. o.0

#5 greenlaptops

greenlaptops

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • LocationSLC Utah

Posted 15 July 2011 - 03:11 PM

Well, I spliced a cable and also tried to put it in host port mode by shorting the data lines when it was powered on and it didn't seem to do anything.

Was worth a shot. :mellow:

Here is some Interesting facts/claims about PD Planet having a host port, do think it is possible? Please give your comments. Here is the LINK
Thanks
GL

#6 phoneharry

phoneharry

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Locationlos angeles

Posted 21 August 2011 - 12:30 AM

If/when we obtain source, we'll be able to add USBhost functionality to the Kernel.

ah exactly the topic I was reseaching this evening! I WAS hoping that it was gonna be a simple task but I see now that isnt as trivial as I assumed

so I take it, as of yet, there isnt any progress on this task?

Harry

#7 nvrpayretail

nvrpayretail

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 01:42 PM

I've connected a wireless mouse to it and it works great. Haven't tried a keyboard. Bluetooth adapter didn't work but I presume that was probably a driver issue rather than the usb port.

#8 dark_angel

dark_angel

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 03:10 PM

ah exactly the topic I was reseaching this evening! I WAS hoping that it was gonna be a simple task but I see now that isnt as trivial as I assumed

so I take it, as of yet, there isnt any progress on this task?

Harry

Here is the link for the few of the "USB Adapter" which works with PDP. This is the only help which was provided by great Mr. Jonathan from Pandigital so far. USB Adapter

#9 phoneharry

phoneharry

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Locationlos angeles

Posted 23 August 2011 - 12:07 PM

Here is the link for the few of the "USB Adapter" which works with PDP. This is the only help which was provided by great Mr. Jonathan from Pandigital so far. USB Adapter

Did he say he knew this to work? :unsure:
Setting aside for the moment that this usb port is a USB OTG port, (which would explain why none of my 3 USB micro/mini adapters worked)
did he say its just a hardware issue?
I'd like to ask why my female/female adapter I used on the other end of the cable ( the cable pandigital provided with the planet) failed to make 3 keyboards work.

#10 fewt

fewt

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 05:42 PM

Did he say he knew this to work? :unsure:
Setting aside for the moment that this usb port is a USB OTG port, (which would explain why none of my 3 USB micro/mini adapters worked)
did he say its just a hardware issue?
I'd like to ask why my female/female adapter I used on the other end of the cable ( the cable pandigital provided with the planet) failed to make 3 keyboards work.

I have an adapter that I know works with the Planet and the Nova. The link to a working adapter is in the Hi I'm Jonathan thread.

#11 jup68

jup68

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 11:10 AM

Logitech diNovo Edge keyboard working with this USB Adapter (It's Bluetooth keyboard). TouchDisc touchpad working too so you don't need a mice.

#12 phoneharry

phoneharry

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Locationlos angeles

Posted 27 August 2011 - 02:38 PM

I have an adapter that I know works with the Planet and the Nova. The link to a working adapter is in the Hi I'm Jonathan thread.

I ordered two adapters from that Amazon link. showed up yesterday and yeah this adapter works to get your keyboard functioning! I guess not all usb adapters are created equal...........

#13 jp30044

jp30044

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 02:59 PM

#14 jp30044

jp30044

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 03:08 PM

Hello,
I got one of these adapters and it finds the flash drive okay. After mounting, the drive can be accessed through es file explorer, click the internal drive root, click mnt file, click sda file, then click sda1 file to display the contents of the flash drive. Good Luck!

Edited by jp30044, 27 August 2011 - 03:09 PM.

#15 Hatchetman

Hatchetman

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 07:20 AM

Hello,
I got one of these adapters and it finds the flash drive okay. After mounting, the drive can be accessed through es file explorer, click the internal drive root, click mnt file, click sda file, then click sda1 file to display the contents of the flash drive. Good Luck!

You mean mnt folder? I don't have any files in it only 4 folders: asec, flash, sdcard, secure. How could I access to the USB flash?

#16 bobmakebob

bobmakebob

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 03:56 PM

Does anyone know a keyboard that will work for sure and isn't to pricey ?
thanks
pete

#17 ste-vv

ste-vv

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 12:04 AM

Does anyone know a keyboard that will work for sure and isn't to pricey ?
thanks
pete

Just to see if it would work I tried out both my wireless keyboard / mouse from some other PCs and they worked flawlessly

Logitech MK300 and Microsoft 700 - as I bought them a while ago I think they were both under $30

Had an old wireless logitech mouse (model RCE95)- that worked too

It's pretty cool how android shows the little mouse pointer

#18 krash1220

krash1220

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 January 2012 - 10:58 PM

I would like to know what I'm doing wrong then because I bought one of those adapters from Amazon and it doesn't recognise my wireless mouse/keyboard or a regular usb mouse or keyboard. Is there something special you need to do to get it to recognise it?

#19 ste-vv

ste-vv

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 11:18 PM

I would like to know what I'm doing wrong then because I bought one of those adapters from Amazon and it doesn't recognise my wireless mouse/keyboard or a regular usb mouse or keyboard. Is there something special you need to do to get it to recognise it?

I didn't use the one from amazon - it could be that you got a bad one that's not pulling the right voltage or it could be a defect it the PDP USB port?

Mine just seems to recognize any usb device and I didn't install anything (drivers must be built in)(I am running the latest fw 12022011 it that matters)- even USB hard drives (I tried that when I noticed on boot up the PDP shows at the top "preparing usb storage" followed by "preparing SD card")

#20 tinfoil

tinfoil

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 01:35 AM

Not even regular usb works?

That's strange. I have used a hewlett packard keyboard and dell usb keyboard and usb keyboard case and they all worked. I have also used a usb dell mouse and that also worked.

Logitech Wireless usb mouse didn't work for me though.

Is usb debugging on? I heard that usb debugging has to be on for usb devices to work. It's on for me.