#1 Spz0

Spz0

Advanced Shoe Gum Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Location..Look under your Shoe..

Posted 27 June 2011 - 10:11 PM

I know others Im sure have this issue as well. The overly sensitive touchscreen... The touchscreen that likes to double/triple press keys when you type -- The touchscreen that likes to not respond to the pad of your finger but rather your fingernail (great for pinch zooming...) -- The touchscreen that will randomly open apps/folders/whatever when you are trying to scroll through a list. I could go on, but Im annoying myself.. o.0

Is there a general fix out there for this? Im running 06/07 fw. I _think_ I read that 06/25 fixes this issue? But does that fw also throttle the CPU?

ttthannnks iin addvannceee

~Sppz00

Edited by Spz0, 30 June 2011 - 08:55 AM.

I will not answer requests for help on bricked devices. USE THE SEARCH! If you are confused by clearly written instructions, you shouldn't be hacking your tablet!!!!!

Posted Image
.......Devices.......
.Moto Droid X
LiquidICS

------------------------------------
.Samsung Vitality (Admire)
OpenAndroid ROM 2.3
Spz0's OC Kernel

.Kyocera M6000(zio)
Rooted2.2.1
OpenZio ROM 2.1.2
Adrynalyne OC

.Pandigital Planet 2.3.4 REFRESH
OpenPDP ROM 2.3.4-v2.1

...and many other devices.

>>Donate<< to my Marriage counseling fund. o.0

#2 redwizard6

redwizard6

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 10:57 PM

I know others Im sure have this issue as well. The overly sensitive touchscreen... The touchscreen that likes to double/triple press keys when you type -- The touchscreen that likes to not respond to the pad of your finger but rather your fingernail (great for pinch zooming...) -- The touchscreen that will randomly open apps/folders/whatever when you are trying to scroll through a list. I could go on, but Im annoying myself.. o.0

Is there a general fix out there for this? Im running 06/07 fw. I _think_ I read that 06/25 fixes this issue? But does that fw also throttle the CPU?

ttthannnks iin addvannceee

~Sppz00

Ditto the same symptoms from me. Thought it was just my fat-fingeredness.

#3 fewt

fewt

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 10:27 AM

Install the keyboard apk from my "My little planet" thread.
[ ~/Blog ] - [ Fuduntu ] - [ Fuduntu Forum ] - [ Jupiter ] - [ Aurora ]

#4 Dr. Aquafresh

Dr. Aquafresh

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 01:28 AM

Do an exchange at the store (Kohls?). That's what I did. It was a world of a difference. Not one double entry after getting the new one.

#5 Spz0

Spz0

Advanced Shoe Gum Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 08:54 AM

Im going to be making another tutorial next week, But SOLVED.

I cracked the case open. There is a wire (for the wifi antenna) that is taped across the backside of the screen which is causing pressure points on the screen.
So I removed the wire from the backside of the screen and repositioned the wifi antenna.
Funny thing was, that in my searching, I found where (I think) the wifi module was suppose to go. Unfortunately its right above the battery, which would cause interference (probably the reason they moved it to begin with). I need to do some db testing on my home network to confirm if, in fact this does cause a signal drop, as that is where I have put the antenna (for now).
Im still on the 06/07 kbd, so there are still random double types, but Im sure that will be solved with the 06/17 kbd.
As far as the screen tracking, it has improved by 85%. :)

Look for a tut. on it in the next couple weeks (I'll be out of town on bereavement all next week).

Cheers all.
I will not answer requests for help on bricked devices. USE THE SEARCH! If you are confused by clearly written instructions, you shouldn't be hacking your tablet!!!!!

Posted Image
.......Devices.......
.Moto Droid X
LiquidICS

OpenAndroid ROM 2.3
Spz0's OC Kernel

.Kyocera M6000(zio)
Rooted2.2.1
OpenZio ROM 2.1.2
Adrynalyne OC

OpenPDP ROM 2.3.4-v2.1

#6 iyccyi

iyccyi

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 01:39 PM

Im going to be making another tutorial next week, But SOLVED.

I cracked the case open. There is a wire (for the wifi antenna) that is taped across the backside of the screen which is causing pressure points on the screen.
So I removed the wire from the backside of the screen and repositioned the wifi antenna.
Funny thing was, that in my searching, I found where (I think) the wifi module was suppose to go. Unfortunately its right above the battery, which would cause interference (probably the reason they moved it to begin with). I need to do some db testing on my home network to confirm if, in fact this does cause a signal drop, as that is where I have put the antenna (for now).
Im still on the 06/07 kbd, so there are still random double types, but Im sure that will be solved with the 06/17 kbd.
As far as the screen tracking, it has improved by 85%. :)

Look for a tut. on it in the next couple weeks (I'll be out of town on bereavement all next week).

Cheers all.

Hi Spz0,

sorry I didn't reply earlier, pretty busy with work lately. For the antenna location, I'd recommend placing it below the battery, just under the buttons panel for the least amount of interference from the LCD panel (route the wire around the frame of the battery enclosure). I haven't done a test yet either, but it seems to be about the same if not a little better in keeping my WIFI connection stable. Can't spend the time making a tutorial myself, so much appreciate that you are taking the initiative ;)

#7 wookie76

wookie76

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 01 July 2011 - 07:29 PM

Butt Dyno

It may by a placebo, but I used Spare Parts to turn off Haptic Feedback. I also turned off the vibration setting in Better Keyboard 8, since then I've had fewer character double-ings.

If I had to speculate, I would guess there was some weird feedback loop happening.

#8 Spz0

Spz0

Advanced Shoe Gum Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 11:02 AM

Hi Spz0,

sorry I didn't reply earlier, pretty busy with work lately. For the antenna location, I'd recommend placing it below the battery, just under the buttons panel for the least amount of interference from the LCD panel (route the wire around the frame of the battery enclosure). I haven't done a test yet either, but it seems to be about the same if not a little better in keeping my WIFI connection stable. Can't spend the time making a tutorial myself, so much appreciate that you are taking the initiative ;)

I did some work on the wifi issue while on vacation -- I have actually managed to put it right beside the front-side camera, right at the top of the device. This way there is minimal interference from the battery, or your hands for that matter. It seems to have helped the wifi strength a touch (but this wifi module is just weak to begin with).
Its a bit tricky to wire the module to that point (had to wire around the circuit board, and underneath the LCD cable that attaches to the CB) so take time and be careful. :)

Posted Image
.......Devices.......
.Moto Droid X
LiquidICS

OpenAndroid ROM 2.3
Spz0's OC Kernel

.Kyocera M6000(zio)
Rooted2.2.1
OpenZio ROM 2.1.2
Adrynalyne OC

OpenPDP ROM 2.3.4-v2.1

#9 mgconnection

mgconnection

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 10:36 PM

by chance when you had it open did you see a micro sd card inside
were we can upgrade to a higher sd

#10 Spz0

Spz0

Advanced Shoe Gum Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 10:39 PM

The planet is EEPROM, not microSD

Posted Image
.......Devices.......
.Moto Droid X
LiquidICS

OpenAndroid ROM 2.3
Spz0's OC Kernel

.Kyocera M6000(zio)
Rooted2.2.1
OpenZio ROM 2.1.2
Adrynalyne OC

OpenPDP ROM 2.3.4-v2.1

#11 kcbtyler

kcbtyler

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 10:48 AM

Where did you find the "my little planet" fourm

#12 ROTORCAM

ROTORCAM

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationCOLORADO

Posted 21 September 2011 - 12:23 AM

I'm experiencing each of the above listed problems. Thanks for your help. I will work on the fixes this weekend and let you know the results. Thanks again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users