• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 Aino

Aino

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 07:56 PM

As I posted in other thread, flashed a firmware with wrong loader inside and this fully bricked my t760, there seems to be 2 kinds of brick for t760:

A "semibrick" that occurs when the tablet still can be powered on but loops forever in the booting image (the screen shows the image, goes dark and shows the image again) and is still recognized by the pc via usb, this can be solved just flashing again with an original firmware and clicking on "restore" button in the flash tool.

A full brick, when the tablet doesn't power on and is not recognized by the pc via usb. In this case we need to force the tablet to be recognized by the pc but now as a "MSC device" (rk maskrom device) that is a special recovery mode of the rk2918 chip. This is achieved by stopping the communication between the rk29 chip and the nand chip.

Procedure to recover the t760 from a total brick (disclaimer: THIS IS A DELICATE PROCEDURE, IT CAN DAMAGE YOUR T760 AND I WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE IF THAT OCCURS, DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK):

-Open the tablet and remove the plastic that covers the main chips:
Attached File  IMG_0050_lr.jpg   194.05KB   522 downloads

-There are two nand chips (green line) we are gonna work with the first of them (red line):
Attached File  01.jpg   396.61KB   571 downloads

-The pins 29 and 30 must be shorted, you can do that with the head of a needle:
Attached File  02.jpg   581.99KB   513 downloads
Attached File  03.jpg   260.11KB   477 downloads

Now the steps:

1. Start the flashing tool in the pc and load a firmware img file.
2. Connect the usb cable to the pc
3. Short the 29 and 30 pins as stated above and while shorting connect the usb cable to the t760
4. Wait until the flashing tool shows "Found One Maskrom Device" and inmediately stop shorting the pins.
5. Clic on Restore button to start flashing the firmware to the t760
6. Wait until the flashing firmware ends and you will see an error message, don't worry, close it.
7. Unplug the usb cable from t760 and press the power button until the tablet starts. Let the firware complete the installation.

Here is the flashing tool in english language

Attached File  T760FlashTool.zip   470.35KB   382 downloads
T760FlashTool: http://www.mediafire...k6h7fwa8489xm6q

Edited by Aino, 17 March 2012 - 04:58 PM.
added external link for flashing tool

• minep and farzadlatifeh like this

#2 mrsburnout

mrsburnout

"Linkmeister"

• Administrators
  • 7,254 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 June 2011 - 11:08 PM

Nice. :good: I highlighted your disclaimer and pinned the topic.

Thank you, Aino.
YMMV = Your Mileage May Vary - Not even OEM FW is guaranteed "safe" to flash.

Hey! Newbies (n00bs) - Click the blue links ;) - Forum Rules

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." ~James Dean
"Slatedroid: Where all the advice is free, even advice you don't want." ~Mark Adams #113449
"Women are Angels. When someone breaks our wings - we simply continue to fly - on a broomstick. We are flexible like that."

Posted Image ~cheers

#3 Miss Dragon

Miss Dragon

Dragon Lady

• PipPipPip
  • 6,471 posts
  • LocationDragonDevs

Posted 27 June 2011 - 11:24 PM

Now to whoever bricked your T760 and use this method, make sure you have this kind of skill and knowing what you're doing. It'll also avoid your warranty if you opened up. We--SlateDroid do NOT take any responsible.
Places can find me:

HERE

#4 Aino

Aino

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 01:01 AM

Great, thanks mrsburnout

In my case, I had avoided the warranty few days before the brick by opening the thing just to see what was inside :p

#5 BABACHAN

BABACHAN

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 03:57 PM

I got my tablet for two weeks now. Today I powered it up and it never passes the boot image. Teclast.com in red color -> tpad -> black screen and back to teclast.com again. And this happens over and over. I have official firmware 2.00. Is it semibricked? And how can I solve this? Reset does not work. It only powers the unit off. It says here flash again with orginal firmware. Where can I download it and where can I find instructions for flashing?

Thanks BABACHAN

#6 Aino

Aino

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 01:20 AM

Yes, that are the symthoms of a semibrick, something went corrupt.

here is the official 2.0 firmware
ftp://d:d@121.10.241.8:2121/teclast/mp3/Firmware/Tseries/T760series/T760-V2.00-68AC.rar

#7 BABACHAN

BABACHAN

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 03:12 AM

Yes, that are the symthoms of a semibrick, something went corrupt.

here is the official 2.0 firmware
ftp://d:d@121.10.241.8:2121/teclast/mp3/Firmware/Tseries/T760series/T760-V2.00-68AC.rar

Hi Aino,

Thanks for your reply.

Are flashing instructions the same as the first post skipping step 3, 4 and 5?
Can I immediately flash the latest firmware? Or is it wise to first flash with 2.00 and then with 2.03?

BABACHAN

#8 BABACHAN

BABACHAN

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 04:46 AM

If I open the t760.img file in T760-V2.00-68AC\T760 V2.00\固件程序 in the flash tool it reports:
FW ver: 0.2.03
Loader Ver: 1.65
Support chip: RK29

I was expecting FW ver: 0.2.00

Is this correct?

But the worse part is that the flash tool does not recognize the tablet. Any ideas?

Edited by BABACHAN, 23 July 2011 - 06:55 AM.

#9 BABACHAN

BABACHAN

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 06:55 AM

Problem solved!! My tablet is working again.

I did following to restore firmware:

1. Power off tablet
2. Hold volume + button while connecting tablet to pc with USB cable
3. PC reports new hardware found. Install drivers. Use driver located in T760-V2.00-68AC\T760 V2.00\驱动程序\. For some reason an error is reported but everything works.
4. Start flashtool
5. Select image file T760-V2.00-68AC\T760 V2.00\固件程序\t760.img
6. Press restore button
7. After a while tool reports succesfull flash and tablet is rebooted automatically.
8. Remove USB cable
9. Tablet will reinstall

Edited by BABACHAN, 23 July 2011 - 04:06 PM.

#10 BABACHAN

BABACHAN

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 04:07 PM

What is the difference between "Restore" and "Upgrade" in flashtool?

#11 Aino

Aino

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 03:08 AM

Sorry babachan, forgot that I didn't posted the flashing steps for semibrick :unsure: your steps are all right (just to avoid some errors you may rename the chinese named directories with english names)

About the fw ver in upgrade tool showing 2.03 I didn't noted before, tried 2.0, 2.03 and 2.04 and all shows 2.03 in that field, strange.

The difference between restore and upgrade is that the restore option formats the nand and write the space allocation for each partiton (teclast calls it IDB) and the upgrade option just overwrite the partition images in the current assigned partition space.

Edited by Aino, 24 July 2011 - 03:09 AM.

#12 BABACHAN

BABACHAN

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 02:19 PM

Sorry babachan, forgot that I didn't posted the flashing steps for semibrick :unsure: your steps are all right (just to avoid some errors you may rename the chinese named directories with english names)

About the fw ver in upgrade tool showing 2.03 I didn't noted before, tried 2.0, 2.03 and 2.04 and all shows 2.03 in that field, strange.

The difference between restore and upgrade is that the restore option formats the nand and write the space allocation for each partiton (teclast calls it IDB) and the upgrade option just overwrite the partition images in the current assigned partition space.

Thanks for the info. I upgraded my tablet to 2.03. The ftp://121.10.241.8:2121/teclast/mp3/Firmware/Tseries/T760series/ location contains two 2.03 rar files. "T760 V2.03-41BB.rar" and "T760-V2.03-41BB.rar". The only difference in the filename is a "-". I took the T760-V2.03-41BB.rar. Do you know what the difference is?

I noticed a couple of differences between 2.00 and 2.03:
1. Lock screen changed from sliding a tab to a circle (2.00) to sliding a smaller circle to the edge of a bigger circle (2.03)
2. Changed keyboard to Android. But had to do that 5 times. Every time I used the keyboard in a different app it showed the Chinese one first.
3. Wifi is much faster in 2.03. Didn't measure it, it is more a feeling.

Did you experience the same?

#13 Miss Dragon

Miss Dragon

Dragon Lady

• PipPipPip
  • 6,471 posts
  • LocationDragonDevs

Posted 24 July 2011 - 04:36 PM

Mine came with 2.02(guess it's 2.03?) don't know what's 2.0's lock screen looks like.
Places can find me:

HERE

#14 Aino

Aino

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 01:42 AM

yes the 2.03 changed the locking screen, and has a bug that sometimes the selected keyboard backs to the chinese one. Your market is working correctly? mine sometimes had myapps dissapeared.

#15 BABACHAN

BABACHAN

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 03:14 AM

Market is not working. Myapps is away empty.

#16 Miss Dragon

Miss Dragon

Dragon Lady

• PipPipPip
  • 6,471 posts
  • LocationDragonDevs

Posted 26 July 2011 - 09:55 AM

yes the 2.03 changed the locking screen, and has a bug that sometimes the selected keyboard backs to the chinese one. Your market is working correctly? mine sometimes had myapps dissapeared.

you mean the myapps icon? or the content from my apps? I haven't notice anything.

That's weird, I'm sure I downloaded netflix app last night and works very well, now, I just checked myapps, there is no content. Posted Image Of course the Chinese switch keybard was touched by accent.
Places can find me:

HERE

#17 BABACHAN

BABACHAN

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 10:54 AM

you mean the myapps icon? or the content from my apps? I haven't notice anything.

That's weird, I'm sure I downloaded netflix app last night and works very well, now, I just checked myapps, there is no content. Posted Image Of course the Chinese switch keybard was touched by accent.

Every app I downloaded using the market is working fine. But they are not displayed in my apps tab in market. It says "No items downloaded".

#18 Miss Dragon

Miss Dragon

Dragon Lady

• PipPipPip
  • 6,471 posts
  • LocationDragonDevs

Posted 26 July 2011 - 10:58 AM

Every app I downloaded using the market is working fine. But they are not displayed in my apps tab in market. It says "No items downloaded".

Yep, I just downloaded another app and noticed that. maybe it'll only display the one you purchased? It didn't happen on my 2.2 tablet.
Places can find me:

HERE

#19 vmajor

vmajor

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 10:42 AM

This fixes the market on 2.03 http://www.slatedroi...03/page__st__20

V.

#20 pabc

pabc

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 04:45 PM

I've had a semi-brick so followed this procedure - albeit on Linux using XP in virtual box and it got as far as rebooting and displays;

Recovery system 1.3.37
Formatting Data:.....

then just hangs.

I used the latest firmware I could find which was 2.08b from this forum. Any suggestions?

P

Edit: forget that - i tried to power it off and that caused (or it was coincident) moving onto the next step - it's now rebooted again. Perhaps some notes on the time this takes would avoid noob anxieties a little!
Also, I should note that I kept getting drivers not suitable until I realised I was holding the sound decrease button!

Edited by pabc, 12 September 2011 - 04:50 PM.