A "semibrick" that occurs when the tablet still can be powered on but loops forever in the booting image (the screen shows the image, goes dark and shows the image again) and is still recognized by the pc via usb, this can be solved just flashing again with an original firmware and clicking on "restore" button in the flash tool.
A full brick, when the tablet doesn't power on and is not recognized by the pc via usb. In this case we need to force the tablet to be recognized by the pc but now as a "MSC device" (rk maskrom device) that is a special recovery mode of the rk2918 chip. This is achieved by stopping the communication between the rk29 chip and the nand chip.
Procedure to recover the t760 from a total brick (disclaimer: THIS IS A DELICATE PROCEDURE, IT CAN DAMAGE YOUR T760 AND I WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE IF THAT OCCURS, DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK):
-Open the tablet and remove the plastic that covers the main chips:
IMG_0050_lr.jpg 194.05KB 535 downloads
-There are two nand chips (green line) we are gonna work with the first of them (red line):
01.jpg 396.61KB 581 downloads
-The pins 29 and 30 must be shorted, you can do that with the head of a needle:
02.jpg 581.99KB 522 downloads
03.jpg 260.11KB 485 downloads
Now the steps:
1. Start the flashing tool in the pc and load a firmware img file.
2. Connect the usb cable to the pc
3. Short the 29 and 30 pins as stated above and while shorting connect the usb cable to the t760
4. Wait until the flashing tool shows "Found One Maskrom Device" and inmediately stop shorting the pins.
5. Clic on Restore button to start flashing the firmware to the t760
6. Wait until the flashing firmware ends and you will see an error message, don't worry, close it.
7. Unplug the usb cable from t760 and press the power button until the tablet starts. Let the firware complete the installation.
Here is the flashing tool in english language
T760FlashTool.zip 470.35KB 391 downloads
Edited by Aino, 17 March 2012 - 04:58 PM.
added external link for flashing tool