• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 NoMadMan

NoMadMan

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 05:25 AM

I saw one of these sold locally and i was wondering if anyone has gotten anyone has gotten there hands on this unit and used it longer than a week? i tested it briefly and i was impressed with the touch sensitivity. however, im more concerned with root/custom rom installation and if any hardware issues that might have popped up after prolonged use.

It's weird that according to there webpage, it isn't available yet.

Coby MID1024

Edited by NoMadMan, 23 June 2011 - 05:29 AM.

#2 NoMadMan

NoMadMan

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 05:27 AM

Pics added.

Attached Files

Edited by NoMadMan, 23 June 2011 - 05:29 AM.

#3 dyurdz

dyurdz

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 09:09 PM

I have this. Nice device for its price. screen is not that good with angled view as it creates a "smudged" image. no problems when viewed directly. I have problems rooting it. I hope someone finds a way to root it.

#4 NoMadMan

NoMadMan

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 05:33 PM

thanks for the feedback. i decided to go with the ipad first gen since they went for about the same price.

#5 Globalizados

Globalizados

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 02:49 PM

Please, I bricked my Kyros 1024. Anyone can post a image from the 4GB internal SD Card? This can help many peoples..
Thanks

#6 sunyata

sunyata

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 05:26 PM

Latest Firmware for Coby Kyros 1024

Can someone please direct me to where I can download the latest firmware for Kyros 1024? Thanks in advance.

UPDATE:
Returned this after 3 weeks. Android 2.2 Froyo is useless as it cannot run 2-way skype, and this Coby 1024 cannot be updated to 2.3.3 and Cobyusa is unwilling to provide firmware update. The only good thing is that it has a 10 inch screen and I got it at $180 on special from a retail giant.

Edited by sunyata, 18 October 2011 - 10:10 AM.

#7 sunyata

sunyata

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 03:13 PM

Please, I bricked my Kyros 1024. Anyone can post a image from the 4GB internal SD Card? This can help many peoples..
Thanks

The firmware for 1024 has just been put on the cobyusa.com website, but it is still the old Android 2.2.
If you bricked your 1024, perhaps you could it to re-install to the factory condition.
www.cobyusa.com

#8 dbeauch

dbeauch

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 02:34 PM

Is the Kyros MID1125 considered a "second generation" Coby tablet? I want to make sure I am posting to the right forum, thanks!

Dan

#9 ragnarok09

ragnarok09

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:38 AM

Anyone here who've tried using custom roms successfully? Which one? I'd appreciate it if you can share a link.

Thanks!

#10 fotocreaman

fotocreaman

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:08 AM

Anyone here who've tried using custom roms successfully? Which one? I'd appreciate it if you can share a link.

Thanks!

I use now this one: http://www.slatedroi...e-for-mid10234/
I'm pretty hapy with it. You can also use ICSfor MID1024 but there are some issues with wifi stability. See http://www.slatedroi...el-for-mid1024/
There is also a JB version wich is also having some wifi issues. http://www.slatedroi...012#entry424012

Good luck
MID1024 running Namko's Jelly Bean

#11 Dieselrider

Dieselrider

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:42 AM

I saw one of these sold locally and i was wondering if anyone has gotten anyone has gotten there hands on this unit and used it longer than a week? i tested it briefly and i was impressed with the touch sensitivity. however, im more concerned with root/custom rom installation and if any hardware issues that might have popped up after prolonged use.

It's weird that according to there webpage, it isn't available yet.

Coby MID1024

Okay, not sure which generation I have. Maybe mine is not a second generation and this will be of no help at all. I have a Coby Kyros MID 1042 and I was able to root it using Mepis Linux and some help from the people on the Mepis board. If I knew for sure my tablets root procedure would be compatible with yours, I could be of more help. I can point someone over there if there is interest and if that is allowed here. I don't want to get myself or others into trouble on the board. The Coby tablets are rootable and having Google apps available makes a big difference.