41 replies to this topic

#1 balrogbob

balrogbob

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 11:47 PM

Alright, I'm starting this topic off with the link to what I belive is the source code used in our device. I am currently repurposing my old pentium 2 rig into a linux box to do the kernel devel, altho that is not my area of expertiese. also, it would be nice to have an enterprising individual gut their planet to determine which specific model this board is, as the 2 possibilites have an incompatible nand heap size. (2k vs 4k)

Kernel sources, both for straight linux!!! devel, and android: http://openlinux.aml...the_Source_Code

Update: Just took a big old handful of "F**kitall", and am giving up stripping the initramfs from the uImage.

Im compiling a custom test kernel instead. MWAHAHAHAHA!

Kernel Compiled. Kernel Boots. Kernel Runs. ro.secure set to 0, debuggable set to 1, adb set to 1, ITS OURS!!! except rotation is wonky. And no Wifi. >_> Working on it now. Next step is to patch the kernel or something. Usb Host enabled in software now, and a usb mount point is included for you usb stick lovers. Soon. Very, very, soon. Edit: You must choose, Usb host support, or the ability to access the sd card from computer. as of right now, they are mutually exclusive... Sigh.

I am not a graphic artist. If someone would make a boot image formated in raw565 format, 600x800, for statedroid with my avitar on it, I'll give you a dukedom.

Edited by balrogbob, 23 June 2011 - 04:31 PM.

I am...
KING OF THE PLANET!!! (Pandigital)

#2 balrogbob

balrogbob

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 07:58 AM

OH MY F**KING GOD!!!!!!!!!!!

THE kernel config is mine!!! it was in proc.... THANKYOU PANDIGITAL!!!!!!
I am...

#3 balrogbob

balrogbob

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 08:00 AM

and here it is, attached below. wooohoo!

Attached Files

• mrsburnout likes this
I am...

#4 mrsburnout

mrsburnout

"Linkmeister"

• Administrators
  • 7,274 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 June 2011 - 08:08 AM

and here it is, attached below. wooohoo!

WooHoo!!! :clapping:

So glad you are having fun, and loving your enthusiasm here, "King". :good:
YMMV = Your Mileage May Vary - Not even OEM FW is guaranteed "safe" to flash.

Hey! Newbies (n00bs) - Click the blue links ;) - Forum Rules

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." ~James Dean
"Slatedroid: Where all the advice is free, even advice you don't want." ~Mark Adams #113449
"Women are Angels. When someone breaks our wings - we simply continue to fly - on a broomstick. We are flexible like that."

Posted Image ~cheers

#5 balrogbob

balrogbob

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 08:12 AM

Got the source for the reference boars, and the config... doesnt look like they used any custom patches or drivers at all! straight stock. :diablo:
I am...

#6 fukxou

fukxou

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 11:26 AM

I'd like to help but I have no idea where to start with CFW.

#7 balrogbob

balrogbob

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 07:10 PM

And I've hit the first road block: The updates have a signature file. Goddamnit. Can't gain R/W access to the nand, either. Pan actually has this sucker locked down pretty tight. I'm going to research further.
I am...

#8 balrogbob

balrogbob

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 04:01 AM

Alrighty. ro.secure is set to 1. bastards. The signature that recovery needs on all update.zips and firmware updates is differnet than standard android signaturs, ive tried many differnet ways to sign my zips. If someone with experiance dealing with a proper android device, as this actually seems to be (almost makes me sad in a way...) I would appreciate any advice.
I am...

#9 frank01liny

frank01liny

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 08:19 AM

And I've hit the first road block: The updates have a signature file. Goddamnit. Can't gain R/W access to the nand, either. Pan actually has this sucker locked down pretty tight. I'm going to research further.

I have been trying the different firmware versions on the pandigital.net site (one or two of them have the trial antivirus apk. Different versions of the everywhere apps (one of them had kindle instead of B&N app)

I had tried Kewlguys SD enhancements too but had the same issue about verification/signature

There is a file there called update.zip too. Maybe it will give you some insight regarding signatures

also, have you tried the different WIPE options on bootup? (without a microsd card... using the volume keys) maybe that will workaround the verification/signaure issue if the planet is wiped clean of some data

#10 balrogbob

balrogbob

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 04:03 PM

I have been trying the different firmware versions on the pandigital.net site (one or two of them have the trial antivirus apk. Different versions of the everywhere apps (one of them had kindle instead of B&N app)

I had tried Kewlguys SD enhancements too but had the same issue about verification/signature

There is a file there called update.zip too. Maybe it will give you some insight regarding signatures

also, have you tried the different WIPE options on bootup? (without a microsd card... using the volume keys) maybe that will workaround the verification/signaure issue if the planet is wiped clean of some data

The issue is that pandogital lear.ed from the wpdn. This is a proper android de ice, not the hackjob the pdn was. It uses an 3e recovery, wich is honestly the right thing to do. But google gpt smart and added verification to the recovery to prevent hacking of devices starting with froyo. I just have to figure put what keys they are using or find a way to hack the recovery. Devel is stalled untill that point unfortunatly. Be nice of some big names bought one, ive gotten farthe getting honeycomb to oot on wpdn than i have hacking this bad boy. Lol.
EDIT: remind me to reply from my desktop next time. Thats alot of typos.

Edited by balrogbob, 18 June 2011 - 04:04 PM.

I am...

#11 aludal

aludal

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationCapitola, CA

Posted 18 June 2011 - 07:54 PM

To the King of the "Planet" and all the excited devs here: An Amlogic reference board specs are here: http://androidfragme...42B03A23B41F3D5

Mark this though: specs cite a RAM size of 465040 K. Where Pandigital have got their SoCs with half the RAM, and no BT, no GPS, is a mystery.
-----------------------------------
aludal: Collecting all my old paintings, cans & bottles, to sell and get me this miraculous "Planet". And the BB Playbook, of course: Fine Oils Art & Tablets

fineoils.blogspot.com or Fine Oils, I'm maroger there

#12 balrogbob

balrogbob

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 11:48 PM

To the King of the "Planet" and all the excited devs here: An Amlogic reference board specs are here: http://androidfragme...42B03A23B41F3D5

Mark this though: specs cite a RAM size of 465040 K. Where Pandigital have got their SoCs with half the RAM, and no BT, no GPS, is a mystery.
-----------------------------------
aludal: Collecting all my old paintings, cans & bottles, to sell and get me this miraculous "Planet". And the BB Playbook, of course: Fine Oils Art & Tablets

It actually does have the gps module. I'ts disabled in software atm. Drivers are included, but the settings.apk has had the gps location settings removed.

EDIT: Alredy had the specs, hell, I even have the source code and the kernel config. If i can get past the signing issue, I'll be ready to load some custom kernels.

Edited by balrogbob, 18 June 2011 - 11:49 PM.

I am...

#13 fresnoboy

fresnoboy

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 10:07 AM

I would like to report that i have successfully rooted my Pandigitial Planet using Z4 Mod

#14 aludal

aludal

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationCapitola, CA

Posted 19 June 2011 - 12:25 PM

It actually does have the gps module. I'ts disabled in software atm. Drivers are included, but the settings.apk has had the gps location settings removed.

EDIT: Alredy had the specs, hell, I even have the source code and the kernel config. If i can get past the signing issue, I'll be ready to load some custom kernels.

Could it be 256 MB of RAM was also diasabled, for whatever reason?

#15 balrogbob

balrogbob

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 02:41 PM

Could it be 256 MB of RAM was also diasabled, for whatever reason?

Possible. Altho, Dont hold out hope. There are officially 2 versions of the reference board, both require different kernels.
I am...

#16 aludal

aludal

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationCapitola, CA

Posted 19 June 2011 - 03:44 PM

Possible. Altho, Dont hold out hope. There are officially 2 versions of the reference board, both require different kernels.

King, Your Majesty:
First, great news about Market working. I only wish you could make a YouTube clip of your PD Planet w/Market. And also some demo footage of it showing 1080p high-profile video clip. Only I'm afraid my local Kohl will run out of PDPs soon after your clip, LOL.
Second, there could be two or even more dev boards, but they look like they use the same chip. Chips with defective second memory bank?The whole damn thing wouldn't even boot ... Could you try some 3rd party mem test reporting utility? A mystery, wrapped into an enigma, etc.

Thank you.

#17 aludal

aludal

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationCapitola, CA

Posted 19 June 2011 - 04:11 PM

BalrogBob: Maybe you would find this writeup by cvpcs interesting for hacking the PDP.

#18 balrogbob

balrogbob

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 04:33 PM

BalrogBob: Maybe you would find this writeup by cvpcs interesting for hacking the PDP.

Very interesting. But, I have aquired Pandigitals ballz, and have them firmly in grasp. I can flash boot anytime I want. Just setting up a linux box to do the Full root hack. (aka, set ro.secure to 0 so we can sync and mount r/w over adb)

If I manage to brick this bitch flashing boot, then I will definatly port this bad boy tho, less risk. Just too much effort to port atm, as we use a completely different system than the motox.
I am...

#19 balrogbob

balrogbob

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 05:00 PM

Well, Now that we can flash the device, custom roms are a moment away. But, as ANOTHER damn curve ball, the boot.img isnt the standard file format. I would greatly appreciate it if someone with experiance would extract the damn ramdisk for me? I've tried everthing in my limited hex editing knowledge, and I'm stumped. This task does not require ownership of a PDP, just a linux based machine or VM.
I am...

#20 balrogbob

balrogbob

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:24 AM

Well, Now that we can flash the device, custom roms are a moment away. But, as ANOTHER damn curve ball, the boot.img isnt the standard file format. I would greatly appreciate it if someone with experiance would extract the damn ramdisk for me? I've tried everthing in my limited hex editing knowledge, and I'm stumped. This task does not require ownership of a PDP, just a linux based machine or VM.

The kernel uImage is uncompressed, and at the front of the file, no header, to pre-2048k. I cannot find a gzip file, so I am guessing the ramdisk cpio is uncompressed as well. OMFG. Wth, Man. My request still stands, cant figure out where the kernel ends and ramdisk beqins.
I am...