Why Buy the Thrive?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 LAWNKILLER

LAWNKILLER

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 01:24 PM

I have had mine since just after Thanksgiving, bought off of Amazon. Mostly use if for game apps, movies, FB and internet browsing. I do have music loaded onto it but it is not used much. I got this mostly to replace a traval DVD player as well as to not lug around a bulky laptop.

In addition to the Android Marketplace I have added the Amazon app store and GetJar app store as well.

I use DVDcatylst program (Check it out, best $10 I ever spent) on my PC to convert movies to MP4 format then store them on SD cards. I use the Netflix app when i am working in parts of the house that do not have a line of site with a TV.

Soon I am having my old android phone (2yrs old) rooted so I can use the wifi off of that for use when traveling if needed.
  • Jive Turkee likes this

#22 Dirty_Nick

Dirty_Nick

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:48 PM

anyone know what the battery life is on this thing?? how many hours do we get on a single charge?

As much as I thought I'd swap batteries (because I can), I don't find a need for it. I regularly play around for 6 hours straight and the battery life remains between 25% and 40% remaining. I leave mine on standby for days (unplugged) and when I pick it up, its over eighty percent left

Edited by Dirty_Nick, 26 January 2012 - 08:56 PM.

#23 copper09

copper09

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:28 PM

Thinking of buying the Thrive, but need to know if I can use it as a mifi device? Best Buy Geek said yes, but Office Depot Geek said no. Call me confused? Need a tablet to work as mifi before I buy. Have 4 homes in the states and live on my sailboat in caribean 3-4 months each year. Would like to carry smaller device than my Toshiba 17" laptop.

#24 Jive Turkee

Jive Turkee

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:27 AM

I'm looking at the Thrive for the reasons the OP said. I was going to get the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 but the Thrive looks like it has more to offer.
HTC EVO 4G• SOS X ROM
HTC EVO Shift 4G • Synergy ROM
B&N Nook Color • Mirage Kang 7.2 ROM
Samsung Galaxy Prevail • Nemesis 1.3 ROM
LG 500G • Stock (backup phone)

#25 butchconner

butchconner

G-Tab Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • LocationNorthwest Louisiana

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:12 PM

All,

The thing I don't understand is why the Thrive hasn't been more popular. It has all I originally bought it for and has the best software (Honeycomb) around.
Only thing is that I think it's a little expensive. Can't wait to see what they do with the Toshiba Excite 7, 10 and 13 -- 13, wow.

I have to admit I also have an Acer 200 now and the Ice Cream Sandwich on it is nice!

RevBC

#26 Jive Turkee

Jive Turkee

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:26 PM

All,

The thing I don't understand is why the Thrive hasn't been more popular. It has all I originally bought it for and has the best software (Honeycomb) around.
Only thing is that I think it's a little expensive. Can't wait to see what they do with the Toshiba Excite 7, 10 and 13 -- 13, wow.

I have to admit I also have an Acer 200 now and the Ice Cream Sandwich on it is nice!

RevBC

From what I have seen so far, I think the "thickness" was too much for some people. It's not a "sexy" enough tablet like the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 I never even considered the Thrive until I researched it. Now, I want it.
HTC EVO 4G• SOS X ROM
HTC EVO Shift 4G • Synergy ROM
B&N Nook Color • Mirage Kang 7.2 ROM
Samsung Galaxy Prevail • Nemesis 1.3 ROM
LG 500G • Stock (backup phone)

#27 johnnyblades

johnnyblades

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:49 PM

From what I have seen so far, I think the "thickness" was too much for some people. It's not a "sexy" enough tablet like the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 I never even considered the Thrive until I researched it. Now, I want it.

ICS has been released for the Thrive as of today. Also, refurb available on 1SaleADay - $200.
I don't have this, have two Touchpads that get used constantly (with ICS), but will probably jump on this deal. I love the replaceable battery and full hdmi and SD. I want to be able to take SD card from my video camera and slap it in tablet to show off the kids to the grandparents!