[ HowTo ]DVB-USB support

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#61 burnit

burnit

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:40 AM

Lubo: thank you for the tutorial! The modules didn't load on my tablet but I was able to get the source code from linux-sunxi git and cross-compile them for my kernel. I also tried forcing the version by hex editing the module_version value but then got dependency errors.

Here's my compilation of most of the tuners and modules for others that might be getting exec fail errors while loading (insmod) the modules. If you get this error run dmesg and it will show the module's and your tablet's compilation version. Change the setup-dvb file according to the modules you have to load for your USB DVB-T device: check linuxtv's list for this and also download firmware where applicable.

http://www.2shared.c...android308.html

Run cat proc/version to get your tablet's kernel compilation version. Mine's 3.0.8+ Sourcery PREEMPT.

#62 alain0091

alain0091

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:25 PM

Lubo: thank you for the tutorial! The modules didn't load on my tablet but I was able to get the source code from linux-sunxi git and cross-compile them for my kernel. I also tried forcing the version by hex editing the module_version value but then got dependency errors.

Here's my compilation of most of the tuners and modules for others that might be getting exec fail errors while loading (insmod) the modules. If you get this error run dmesg and it will show the module's and your tablet's compilation version. Change the setup-dvb file according to the modules you have to load for your USB DVB-T device: check linuxtv's list for this and also download firmware where applicable.

http://www.2shared.c...android308.html

Run cat proc/version to get your tablet's kernel compilation version. Mine's 3.0.8+ Sourcery PREEMPT.

Dear all

I know linux but not Android, I have a Pipo tablet running 3.0.36+ linux kernel and also another running 3.4.5 kernel
I downloaded a lot of modules but all of them have "fail to exec" because they dont correspond to my kernel
Is it possible to explain me in details how to create / compile modules .ko

I have 3 USB DVB-T dongles ( af9015, it9135 and cinergy tStick rc)

Thanks a lot for your help

Best Regards

Alain

#63 majid_z

majid_z

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:58 AM

Hello guys, well done

but wish someone make a step-by-step walkthrough for newbies like me ! I have USB DVB-T stick and I've downloaded it's firmware (afatech af9015) and an Android tablet with OTG support, but I can't understand what to do exactly :(

I don't even know what is INSMOD and how can I access that or what are these all modules you put there to download :(

can anyone help ?!

thank you before