Photo

Bootloop problem, no backups, anyone have a image to spare?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Legomaniac

Legomaniac

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 02:00 AM

I have recently run into a bootloop problem with my gentouch 78.

I can still manage to get into ClockworkMod Recovery v2.5.0.4 by holding the menu button as I use a mechanical pencil to hit the reset button. I however lost the sd card I was using fo the augen ages ago, so I have no backups, and no way of updating the gentouch.

All of the instructions I have found for updating so far are old ones from mid last year, that rely on updating the gentouch through a windows computer, but I can't even get into android, just clockwork recovery, so I have no way of following those instructions.

Does anyone have a backup rom from a current functioning gentouch I could apply? I have the 2.5 mm headphone jack (earlier) version. I'm assuming if you just boot into clockwork recovery and backup with nandroid that you could snag a backup image that would work, since I already have the ability to restore in nandroid.

Thanks in advance,

Legomaniac

#2 Simon1234

Simon1234

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 07:06 PM

I have recently run into a bootloop problem with my gentouch 78.

I can still manage to get into ClockworkMod Recovery v2.5.0.4 by holding the menu button as I use a mechanical pencil to hit the reset button. I however lost the sd card I was using fo the augen ages ago, so I have no backups, and no way of updating the gentouch.

All of the instructions I have found for updating so far are old ones from mid last year, that rely on updating the gentouch through a windows computer, but I can't even get into android, just clockwork recovery, so I have no way of following those instructions.

Does anyone have a backup rom from a current functioning gentouch I could apply? I have the 2.5 mm headphone jack (earlier) version. I'm assuming if you just boot into clockwork recovery and backup with nandroid that you could snag a backup image that would work, since I already have the ability to restore in nandroid.

Thanks in advance,

Legomaniac

Same here :(
anyone having stock roms?

#3 youkiddin

youkiddin

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 08:43 PM

had the the boot loop problem myself, solved it by holding the home button and pressing reset,hold the home button down while system boots to clockwork then do the wipe data/factory reset.after that mine worked as normal, and what ever you do don't plug or unplug power when something is bootihg up it's how my bootloop prob. started