#201 CenturionKenshin

CenturionKenshin

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 05:48 AM

Sorry to say Gents, but pinouts are totaly different
I made a small investigation and found the following:
In my Apad I had "sic" SL1052 charger chip
Analog for this one is EUP8057, it is same pinout and same functioning.(Leg 4 is GND and leg 1 is Vcc)
I think you rfriend made a mistake... because TI bq2057 has totaly different pinout (leg 4 = is Vcc while leg 6 is GND)

Heh... my fault, looked at TSSOP and SOIC packaging... if chip bq2057 is in MSOP packaging then it is totaly same as EUP8057

#202 serjik69

serjik69

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:48 AM

I have the same problem with charging battery on the dropad a8x

#203 bomse

bomse

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:32 PM

@ll with the red and green light in the same time.
i guess it is broken in the circuit of the mainboard.
i had the same problem so i opened the tab and saw my mainboard had burned.
solution is to change mainboard and not the battery.
i realized that a lot haipad/ mid/ dropad /C8 owner had the same charging problem.
guess it is the quality of the pad.
who wants sell me his broken dropad

:o)

#204 tabuser1

tabuser1

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:23 PM

Anyone here knows where I can buy the replacement chip on-line in the U.S. ? I doubt Radio Shack or Fry's would have them in stock.

#205 marlchris14

marlchris14

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:37 AM

hi is there anyone here who could help me modify my LC-E8 (8.4v 0.72mA with 4 terminals) cannon camera battery charger to as replacement to the dx charger.

#206 5star

5star

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:59 PM

Its great to have discovered this thread. I have a Grand Tab 404 which is identical to the units in this thread. Suddendly my units does not hold a charge. If I check the battery status it says Charging but it never goes above the 1 level and immediately I pull the charger out it shuts down in 8 secs after the warning.
Also the charger icon shows a "bolt" but normally no moving float. On occasions it will move from Red, to Amber, to Green.
Having looked at all comments, I will firstly try a new charger and see what happens and then replace the batteries.
In this connection can I purchase two 3.7v 2000mah batteries such as Logitech MX1000 M-RAG97 2000 mAh 3.7v L-LB2 Cordless Mouse and attach in series?
thanks 5star

Edited by 5star, 28 December 2012 - 01:35 AM.

#207 5star

5star

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:40 PM

Further to my earlier post.
If I measure the voltage at Gnd/VBA with the unit switched off the voltage is 6.84. If the charger is connected the voltage is still 6.84.
Should this be the case?
thanks - 5star

#208 bisiac

bisiac

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:25 AM

i've got the same problem with my new cube u20gt, it shuts down as i unplug the charger.
I've already read all in this forum, but i have to question: can i do something? because my tablet it's charged at 12V 2A.

#209 5star

5star

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:08 AM

The vendor advised me that 7.4v is outdated and I should buy a new tablet which has a 3.7v battery such as those fitted to Cell phones but with a higher mAh. Given the state of today;s ever changing enhancements this could be the way to go and I just keep my GrandTab as a plugged in bedside unit. At least I can get a 7' wifi/3G unit for the best of all worlds.

#210 5star

5star

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:00 AM

Well, I can now say that even if the Charger is connected the unit shuts down. looks like no current gets from the charger socket to the voltage controller. only option is to fix a charger directly to the GND/VBatt points and see what happens.

The vendor advised me that 7.4v is outdated and I should buy a new tablet which has a 3.7v battery such as those fitted to Cell phones but with a higher mAh. Given the state of today;s ever changing enhancements this could be the way to go and I just keep my GrandTab as a plugged in bedside unit. At least I can get a 7' wifi/3G unit for the best of all worlds.

#211 Stopper

Stopper

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:13 PM

don`t do it, you will blow your battery.

#212 5star

5star

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:33 PM

I will not be using the standard 9v charger, but a DX charger as outlined in the repair Guide.
As I see it I have nothing to lose trying this.

#213 juraj1990

juraj1990

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:48 PM

I have similar problems my friend made a mistake vhen he want to replace battery he pull out a old battery and he mad a mistake when he want to connects a new one he solder red + wire on a gnd pin and the black wire on a + pin on tablets pcb. Now when is tablet connected on a adapter the red led shining also when the battery is disconnected but nothing more. The tablet cannot cannot be powered on. On battery pins on tablets pcb I measured only about 3V. Anoune with similar experience?

#214 jedigernic

jedigernic

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:30 PM

i've got the same problem with my new cube u20gt, it shuts down as i unplug the charger.
I've already read all in this forum, but i have to question: can i do something? because my tablet it's charged at 12V 2A.

Same happened to me with a Cube U30GT, sending it back for warranty cost me a single fare and it is problably cheaper to by a li-ion charger and try to use the existing power-socked connected directly to the battery pack, but how :-)

@eatatjoes can you help, you mentioned a manual/guieline with how to do this?

Any help is appreciated.

#215 5star

5star

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:21 PM

Here is a copy of @eatatjoes Manual Part 1. I can't find his Parts 2 and 3.
I am just taking the red and black from the battery end and buying a male plug which will fit into my Lippo 8.4v charger female plug.
It will mean I have to leave the glossy back cover off but as I broke it whilst removing that does not worry me.
rgds -5*

Same happened to me with a Cube U30GT, sending it back for warranty cost me a single fare and it is problably cheaper to by a li-ion charger and try to use the existing power-socked connected directly to the battery pack, but how :-)

@eatatjoes can you help, you mentioned a manual/guieline with how to do this?

Any help is appreciated.

Attached Files

Edited by 5star, 04 February 2013 - 06:24 PM.

#216 5star

5star

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:06 AM

Here is a copy of @eatatjoes Manual Part 1. I can't find his Parts 2 and 3.
I am just taking the red and black from the battery end and buying a male plug which will fit into my Lippo 8.4v charger female plug.
It will mean I have to leave the glossy back cover off but as I broke it whilst removing that does not worry me.
rgds -5*

Finally got round to doing the repair.
Connecting direct to the battery connections does not work[ well it not for me], but doing it as per eatatjoes manual 1, has given me a working unit.
Now it works I will try and tidy up the charger connection. [I just cut the two leads and twisted the wires together].

#217 Soto74

Soto74

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:06 PM

If somebody have the parts 2 and 3 of this manual please post it again.

Thanks

Saludos

#218 antpagan

antpagan

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:45 AM

will this solution work on my Q88 generic tablet??

#219 Nicolo

Nicolo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:13 AM

Does DX has a CC/CV charger with output 12V at 2A? This is to fix a charging problem with Cube U30GT2 tablet.
Does any one know what the charging current is? (Battery is 2x3800mA Li-ion; with a 2.5mm/0.8mm plug)

#220 deaalbuquerque

deaalbuquerque

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:14 AM

I need the instructions for charging the tablet, but I can not download the pdf file, I changed the battery and it is not charging through the tablet, someone could help by sending the tutorial?