• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 maslin4863

maslin4863

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 07:48 AM

Hi everyone,

After some advice. I had a Eken M009S which i flashed to Rogers Vestinious software and i was able to access the full Android Market to get thr Facebook app, youtube app etc, however being clumsy i dropped it and totally killed it. So I have received a new one today, exact same model etc, however once I have flashed it using the same SD Card as i used on my previous M009S which worked I still seem stuck on the limited Android Market etc. Is there something that I am missing?

#2 randomkid

randomkid

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 04:49 AM

Hi everyone,

After some advice. I had a Eken M009S which i flashed to Rogers Vestinious software and i was able to access the full Android Market to get thr Facebook app, youtube app etc, however being clumsy i dropped it and totally killed it. So I have received a new one today, exact same model etc, however once I have flashed it using the same SD Card as i used on my previous M009S which worked I still seem stuck on the limited Android Market etc. Is there something that I am missing?

First of all update tablet with singularity firmware v4 make sure to backup stuff on tablet as this erases everything.
Then follow the steps below:
Do market flush after:

Open Android Market and then Click on Home (launcher)

Go to Settings->Applications->Manage->Running
- Click Market
- Then Clear Cache (NOT CLEAR DATA!!!!)
- Then Force Stop
- Click Google Services Framework
- Click Clear Data
- Click Force Stop

Open Android Market (it will error this is GOOD!)

Shutdown and Restart the tablet
- Wait for Wireless to Kick In
- Wait for System to Finish Loading

Open Android Market
- If it opens without an error GREAT!
- If it opens with the same error... give it a couple minutes or multiple tries at opening (it will go through)
- You may want to just wait for it to tell you there are updates in the Market... it will definitely work from that point on.

This will enable full android market!

Hope i helped :good:
  • dallholio likes this
Randomkid
Rate me five stars if i helped!

Any questions visit: http://www.slatedroi...193#entry240193

#3 delusionz22

delusionz22

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 10:38 PM

Hey,

I am new to the Android world. Just got a M009s and trying to update it so that I can use it to its potential. After reading the threads in this forums, this update seems to work. I can't wait to dl it!!

#4 randomkid

randomkid

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 04:02 PM

Hey,

I am new to the Android world. Just got a M009s and trying to update it so that I can use it to its potential. After reading the threads in this forums, this update seems to work. I can't wait to dl it!!

New update out is greatalot faster and more responsive based on newest 1.5.1 build.

Link:http://filefactory.com/file/cc95825/n/Modroid-v6.5.zip
Forum Link:http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/19692-rom-m009smid-v7wm8650-7-netbook-modroid-v4-final-by-wicknix-based-on-131/

Rom created by Wicknix and is great!

If you need any help with flashing the rom onto your tablet please dont hesitate to contact me!

Hope i helped :good: Rate my profile five stars if i did!
Thanks.
Randomkid
Rate me five stars if i helped!

Any questions visit: http://www.slatedroi...193#entry240193

#5 SuperDan4

SuperDan4

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 07:31 PM

Just ordered an M009s online but I haven't received it yet. Finding reviews for it online were also very scarce, what do you guys think of it, and how does it compare to others?

#6 MilgeS

MilgeS

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 03:24 AM

Hi, just got mine a few days ago, my first tablet so can't really compare for you, although I will say it looks and feels really nice, bright and clear screen, and for the money what more can you ask :-)

#7 velvetowrm

velvetowrm

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 08:50 PM

First of all update tablet with singularity firmware v4 make sure to backup stuff on tablet as this erases everything.
Then follow the steps below:
Do market flush after:

Open Android Market and then Click on Home (launcher)

Go to Settings->Applications->Manage->Running
- Click Market
- Then Clear Cache (NOT CLEAR DATA!!!!)
- Then Force Stop
- Click Google Services Framework
- Click Clear Data
- Click Force Stop

Open Android Market (it will error this is GOOD!)

Shutdown and Restart the tablet
- Wait for Wireless to Kick In
- Wait for System to Finish Loading

Open Android Market
- If it opens without an error GREAT!
- If it opens with the same error... give it a couple minutes or multiple tries at opening (it will go through)
- You may want to just wait for it to tell you there are updates in the Market... it will definitely work from that point on.

This will enable full android market!

Hope i helped :good:

I just got a eken m900s tablet, what firmware would you guys recommend for me to flash to, primary use as ereader kindle and epub and some browsing facebook

#8 dallholio

dallholio

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 07:24 AM

Thanks for the Market flush. Worked perfectly. Full market at last!