Slatedroid Singularity M008s BETA

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#21 powro

powro

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 04:24 PM

I'm using this build for 2 weeks and it's great in terms of speed and responsiveness. The only problems i have are similar as in previous posts:
- camera - force stop
- market - not all apps out there (eg. google maps)

Please, let me know if someone find a solution for camera (would be nice for video calls in Fring :)

#22 blasterj

blasterj

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 05:52 PM

I'm using this build for 2 weeks and it's great in terms of speed and responsiveness. The only problems i have are similar as in previous posts:
- camera - force stop
- market - not all apps out there (eg. google maps)

Please, let me know if someone find a solution for camera (would be nice for video calls in Fring :)

Hi , I had same problem for google maps and solved with :

This is the market fix procedure (copy-pasted from somewhere else in the forums):

Open Android Market and then Click on Home (launcher)

Go to Settings->Applications->Manage->Running
- Click Market
- Then Clear Cache (NOT CLEAR DATA!!!!)
- Then Force Stop
- Click Google Services Framework
- Click Clear Data
- Click Force Stop

Open Android Market (it will error this is GOOD!)

Shutdown and Restart the tablet
- Wait for Wireless to Kick In
- Wait for System to Finish Loading

Open Android Market
- If it opens without an error GREAT!
- If it opens with the same error... give it a couple minutes or multiple tries at opening (it will go through)

rgds/

#23 powro

powro

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 12:17 PM

Hi , I had same problem for google maps and solved with :

This is the market fix procedure (copy-pasted from somewhere else in the forums):

Open Android Market and then Click on Home (launcher)

Go to Settings->Applications->Manage->Running
- Click Market
- Then Clear Cache (NOT CLEAR DATA!!!!)
- Then Force Stop
- Click Google Services Framework
- Click Clear Data
- Click Force Stop

Open Android Market (it will error this is GOOD!)

Shutdown and Restart the tablet
- Wait for Wireless to Kick In
- Wait for System to Finish Loading

Open Android Market
- If it opens without an error GREAT!
- If it opens with the same error... give it a couple minutes or multiple tries at opening (it will go through)

rgds/

Thanks, works great. Seems that earlier i clicked "Clear data" instead of "Clear cache". Now the only issue is the camera...

Edited by powro, 24 June 2011 - 12:18 PM.

#24 egenma

egenma

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 02:50 PM

Dear Roger,

Any update on the next version of Singularity? Eken has just uploaded the new version on their firmware and also divided it into two different sub-mobels for the M008S - type 1 and type 2 (whatever that means). Will you be creating an updated firmware as well based on this new release, seeing as the old one has frame and buffer issues with the camera? Hope you can give us a new updated version of the Singularity firmware - looking forward to it personally! Keep up the good work!

Thanks!

Bhav.

Hello

I emailed Eken about the two versions of their M008S firmware.
This was their answer:

Hello Sir

Thanks for your email.

FOr your letter, please make sure your tablet was made by EKEN. And please tell me what problem does your tablet. If it does not have problem, please don't update your tablet. Thanks a lot!

Best Regards

Nancy Tse | After-sales Service Representative

Eken (HK) Electronics Co., Ltd.
Pu Chong (Shenzhen) Trading Co., Ltd.

www.ekengroup.com

Add: 2F/2B HuaFeng Technology Park,YinTian Industrial zone, XiXiang, BaoAn, Shenzhen, China
Tel: +86 755 85261055 ext. 817 |Fax +755 29163002 | Mobile: +86 13418566763

Email: nancy@ekengroup.com

#25 benny2580

benny2580

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 01:10 AM

mr roger calver sir, when would you launch the new M008S firmware.. please dont stop it into beta v2.... goodluck

#26 Snowmean

Snowmean

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 04:45 AM

Hi all!
I use Eken M008S about 3 days on Singularity firmware. And I think this firmware is the best.
But I have a problem beside camera crashes. I have very low wifi signal even near the wifi spot.
From 10 meters from wifi router, behind the wall, pad can't see the wifi network and lost connection. Laptop shows signal quality about 80% from the same point.
How I can improve my wifi module sensitivity? Is there any engineering mode or something?

Thanks.

#27 Brij

Brij

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 05:19 AM

My camera application and some application are not rotating ....camera shows horiZontal not vertical ....and some of applications arevnot rotating.

Second problem is there is three home option ./....in 2 option i dont remember ......one of the option was wmt launcher which was working proper but other it was not working

Where i can download app and games ???

#28 Brij

Brij

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 05:20 AM

My camera application and some application are not rotating ....camera shows horiZontal not vertical ....and some of applications arevnot rotating.

Second problem is there is three home option ./....in 2 option i dont remember ......one of the option was wmt launcher which was working proper but other it was not working

Where i can download app and games ???

#29 Brij

Brij

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 05:24 AM

I am using moo8s tablet and has these rom installed

#30 Snowmean

Snowmean

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 05:37 AM

So can we waiting new M008s firmware based on WMT 1.5.0 ??? I tried new Singularity v5 on my M009s and it's brilliant, so are you planing to make new M008S firmware based on it?

#31 RobinH

RobinH

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 07:44 AM

I downloaded roger calver's singularity update (v4) everything has worked ok since.
Hope this helps.

#32 honda1981

honda1981

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 12:44 PM

hi , i am a newbie here and i was wondering if someone could point out a tutorial for flashing this ROM to my M008S tablet ? i have downloaded the rom but i don't know how to flash it :)
Thank you

#33 Snowmean

Snowmean

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 04:36 AM

I downloaded roger calver's singularity update (v4) everything has worked ok since.
Hope this helps.

I find only beta2 firmware for my M008S pad on Rogers website. So maybe you tells about M009s FINAL v4 firmware? It will be great if this firmware is able to run on M008S too, because if it is, we have very big chances to run M009s v5 firmware on our M008s. I try this firmware on M009s and it's great. Very quick and stable!!

Which option did you choose for M008S pad in changer script?

#34 honda1981

honda1981

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 03:00 PM

I have emailed eken group to ask about the firmware for M008S (1.2.3 model 1 and model 2)among other questions, here is their reply :

Dear Mohanad elnokali ,
Thank you for your email. This is Zoe Huang from Eken.

As to the 9.7" android 2.2 M008S tablet:
1) Android market is installed
2) Arabic language is supported by it
3) The difference lies in the camera driver. 1.2.3 model 1 is the older version, and our later products will be 1.2.3 model 2.
If you are interested in other tablets or any question, please contact me freely.

If you need the price list, i will send it to you next time.
Waiting for your news.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Best Regards,
Zoe Huang
Eken (HK) Electronics Co. Ltd
Add: 2F/2B HuaFeng Technology Park,YinTian Industrial zone, XiXiang, BaoAn, Shenzhen, China

So i was wondering if Mr. Roger built his singularity based on the older version ? maybe this is why the camera driver is not properly working ? this is only a mere guess ..
One more thing.. could anyone please just point out how i could install this ROM because i am a complete newbie :(

#35 benny2580

benny2580

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 12:23 AM

hello Mr. Roger Calver, i tried the eken M008s factory firmware part 2 to my m008s tablet, the camera is now working great. but the tablet is too slow unlike the singularity beta v2 is fast.. maybe you can modified again the factory firmware part2 to make it much faster like the singularity beta v2... thank you..

#36 benny2580

benny2580

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:23 PM

hello Mr.Roger Calver sir, i hope you didnt forget the M008s tablet firmware.. we are only relying on your work coz you are the best among the rest... please sir modify it again to make the camera works and to have a better wi fi signal... thank you very much for your hard work.... im hoping for your response to our request.... have a good day sir..

#37 benny2580

benny2580

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:37 PM

by the way sir Roger Calver, i try to modify the android2.2-froyo.tgz. i unrar that file using 7zip and locate the system folder. under the system folder i saw the camera apk. i delete it and changed it with another camera apk. from the system folder of new eken M008s MODEL2 firmware. after i replace it i packed it again using 7zip with a file name android2.2-froyo.tgz , and then i reformat my tf card and inserrt it to my M008s tablet and the installation begin and it finish up to 100%. and i take out my tf card from the tablet. then tablet boot it self, but when the android dancing logo start to appear my tablet freeze and its not continue to boot again.. i force off my tablet by holding the power botton for few seconds and on again but it still thesame it freeze in the moment the dancing logo start to appear... any comments for that sir? please reply...

#38 yudhistre

yudhistre

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 06:06 PM

Hi,

I Checked my tablet and confirmed that I have an M008s one (Hopefully)

I flashed this rom successfully but get a continuous SINGULARITY loading screen....

When I try to go back to the original EKEN firmware, I get a continuous blue LOADING... Screen (for a long time)

What can I do to fix this

Thanks

#39 benny2580

benny2580

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 10:27 PM

Hi,

I Checked my tablet and confirmed that I have an M008s one (Hopefully)

I flashed this rom successfully but get a continuous SINGULARITY loading screen....

When I try to go back to the original EKEN firmware, I get a continuous blue LOADING... Screen (for a long time)

What can I do to fix this

Thanks

well al you have to do is download the new eken m008s firmware 1.5.1 version in eken group website and it will gonna do just fine but that is not yet rooted, and i dont know if it can be root also.. format first your micro sd card unrar the files and copy to your sd card off your tablet insert your sd card then on your tablet then the installation will start and wait untill yhe notification says remove your sd or something like that.. then remove the card and the tablet will reboot itself and there you go.. even its a stock firmware its fast also but not rooted.. dont forget to delete the file before inserting to your tablet... ok good luck.. hope it help.. oh by the way if after you finish install the firmware to your tablet and if the touchscreen is not functioning replace the env_Uboot in the Firmware> env folder... replace it with slatedroid singularity m008s beta v2 env_Uboot.. just copy the env_Uboot and paste it in the env. folder of the original from eken and its gonna work fine..

Edited by benny2580, 17 August 2011 - 10:33 PM.

#40 blasterj

blasterj

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 12:41 PM

Hi all,

I was using my m008s with Roger Calver ROM but same days ago black screen starts on with .
I've tried many time to reinstall roger calver rom or original firmware but alway black screen...
I really do not know what to do now...

Pls help !!!

thx in adv
Blasterj