Slatedroid Singularity M009s FINAL

• Please log in to reply
695 replies to this topic

#41 hokieZ

hokieZ

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 02:01 PM

Thats excellent to hear !, hows it working for you any issues and please provide suggestions for apps etc as I wil be changing apps to make it a full rounded/loaded firmware but not going to the bloatware levels of course.

So far no big issues with Beta 2. I played with it for about an hour last night and could access the full Android Market after clearing cache. I could also connect WiFi without issue. It didn't drop out or anything.

Touch screen is much more responsive than the stock EKEN M009s 1.3.0 FW. Also there is much less lag than the stock FW. It feels like a faster tablet with this FW.

I installed a few apps and they ran as expected, except Pandora. It said that Android/EKEN was not supported. Not sure why.

Thanks for all your work on this.

#42 Roger Calver

Roger Calver

Firmware Dev

• Global Moderators
  • 2,737 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 02 June 2011 - 02:04 PM

Thats good to know the parts are doing what they should be.
Pandora has been an issue with certain tablets for ages now and Ive never had it to work being in the UK.
Slatedroid Singularity

#43 powellct

powellct

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 03:04 PM

So far no big issues with Beta 2. I played with it for about an hour last night and could access the full Android Market after clearing cache. I could also connect WiFi without issue. It didn't drop out or anything.

Touch screen is much more responsive than the stock EKEN M009s 1.3.0 FW. Also there is much less lag than the stock FW. It feels like a faster tablet with this FW.

I installed a few apps and they ran as expected, except Pandora. It said that Android/EKEN was not supported. Not sure why.

Thanks for all your work on this.

Running fine so far, except my screen no more responsive, and I have a lag on text entry - but having said that I have no idea what the lag was like originally..... Ongoing wifi issues aside, looking pretty good!

#44 7Trex

7Trex

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:03 PM

what about 2 point touch (dual-touch) in new firmware ?

#45 Shahhere

Shahhere

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 12:10 AM

Hello Roger,

I flashed this new OS and am getting really good results when compared to the Uberoid V5. One of the comparisons was turning on angry birds at the same time and opening up a level and your OS was about 3.5-5 seconds faster.

Is this because of the fact that you took out a lot of the bloatware?

Also I remapped the 2 volume keys and it makes a big difference in usability and I think you should do the same for all your builds where down is down and up is up :).

Shahhere

#46 Roger Calver

Roger Calver

Firmware Dev

• Global Moderators
  • 2,737 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 03 June 2011 - 03:19 AM

On mine the left volums is down and the right is up so Im guessing your using it in portrait mode.
So it depends on what mode people use the tablet as to what way the keys work.
Slatedroid Singularity

#47 Shahhere

Shahhere

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 07:43 AM

Yea, but if you look at any other phones (I have 2 other Android phones) and you will see the volume behavior I am talking about where when the unit is help in portrait mode the up is up and down is down :). No worries I guess.

Okay so the next set of questions I have is how do you change the objects that are loaded when the screen is locked? I removed that weather app and put a "Go Weather" app so I want to know if we can customize the Unlock screen.

Lastly, I tried to hibernate the unit last night and it actually froze and then restarted so not sure if there is a bug with the hibernate function.

Shahhere

#48 johnpaulbear

johnpaulbear

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 11:51 AM

have you or anyone else tested this on a maylong m-250. last time i tested your rom touch didnt work. so i had to use HCH's horrible rom. hate that forum.
btw i love YOUR work. keep it up. let me know if you need some help in testing theming or anything else.

#49 Roger Calver

Roger Calver

Firmware Dev

• Global Moderators
  • 2,737 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 03 June 2011 - 12:06 PM

have you or anyone else tested this on a maylong m-250. last time i tested your rom touch didnt work. so i had to use HCH's horrible rom. hate that forum.
btw i love YOUR work. keep it up. let me know if you need some help in testing theming or anything else.

I will look at that tablet.
Slatedroid Singularity

#50 Roger Calver

Roger Calver

Firmware Dev

• Global Moderators
  • 2,737 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 03 June 2011 - 12:13 PM

Not having much luck in finding the factory firmware so Ive emailed maylong.
Slatedroid Singularity

#51 johnpaulbear

johnpaulbear

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 12:59 PM

Not having much luck in finding the factory firmware so Ive emailed maylong.

wow. thanks. ill test this build tonight. and let you know whats up.. btw...mind if i make a boot animation for you this weekend?
i wanna support you in any way i can.

was thinking of going back to frys and getting an exchange so i have factory firmware. then i would root and copy all files. make our own factory firmware. but idk. ill let you know
btw great forum and thanks for the quick and friendly response

#52 Roger Calver

Roger Calver

Firmware Dev

• Global Moderators
  • 2,737 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 03 June 2011 - 01:02 PM

No problem happy to help.

Yeah a boot animation would be good, actually I was planning in making an "open call" for themers to bling this firmware up :)
Slatedroid Singularity

#53 johnpaulbear

johnpaulbear

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 01:29 PM

No problem happy to help.

Yeah a boot animation would be good, actually I was planning in making an "open call" for themers to bling this firmware up :)

well youve got your themer here!
i just hope our work doesnt end up on HCH.
  • delorah likes this

#54 Roger Calver

Roger Calver

Firmware Dev

• Global Moderators
  • 2,737 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 03 June 2011 - 01:39 PM

Thanks for voluntering :)

I'll PM you.
Slatedroid Singularity

#55 compsvcs

compsvcs

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 08:41 PM

Having trouble unzipping. Any suggestions?

#56 craigdamico

craigdamico

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 03 June 2011 - 09:05 PM

Hey Roger,

Does this New "Singularity ROM" happen to work on the 7inch "Green LED" WM8650 tablets by any chance ?

(if not, i'll just try the Uberoid v5)

Thanks
Current Tablets That i Use On A Daily Basis:
MID-V7 - 7" 16:9 Resistive Single Touch - Android 2.2 (Green-LED,No Vibe) from Merimobiles.com
HP iPAQ rx3715 - 3.5" 4:3 Resistive Touch - PocketPC2003Pro (Wifi,Bluetooth,SDslot,1.2MPcamera)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
my MID-V7 is running a modified "Singularity M009s v3" ROM made by Roger Calver
(the "env_uboot" is made by Riandroidzx)

#57 Bala

Bala

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 09:30 PM

looks very promising. better than HCH v5. only problem is tablet back getting warm to hot

#58 MAK Azad

MAK Azad

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 10:41 AM

Hi, Roger. I have the same question as craig damico. Does singularity work on all types of M009s's. My one is the blue LED one. And by when can you get a higher version of flash on? Thanks again. :D
M009s MID V7 running Slatedroid Singularity V3.

#59 Roger Calver

Roger Calver

Firmware Dev

• Global Moderators
  • 2,737 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 04 June 2011 - 11:08 AM

Its for the blue LED version and I will be adding Flash back in soon.
Slatedroid Singularity

#60 theralMazingerZ

theralMazingerZ

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 12:44 PM

Hi Roger,
It works great for me. Same as Bala reported above, the back side gets kind of warm. The last couple of weeks I was using a TxPower=20 setting on RT2870STA.dat. Singularity is using the default TxPower=100 setting, so I am wondering if this is the reason why the tablet gets warmer. I have tried to edit the file (astro-->text editor) but it won't let me save it; this is the same problem another user reported in the past. This is very strange as the tablet seems to be rooted; for example, Titanium successfully gets permission.
Thanks!

edit: I am using an M009s with blue LED

Edited by theralMazingerZ, 04 June 2011 - 12:45 PM.