Photo

green led (Bly-706f -v1 ) rom (update 29/05/11)(and roms for any other via 8650 based tablet on demand)

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#41 riandroidzx

riandroidzx

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 07:18 PM

does any one know where to find the eboot.env in the tablet? as in not in the downloadable rom..but in the tablet itself??

#42 benny2580

benny2580

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 01:10 AM

<br />UPDATE: credit goes to roger and the uberiod community for the roms. i just did a small part for the rom.<br /><br />i have the green led tablet without vibration at boot.since roger is doin a great job of releasing new roms very quickly there are no new roms compatible with my tablet.hence i decided to cook up a rom from rogers new rom and the old custom rom which works for my tablet. the main obstacle in making the rom work is the change in the env folder. the old rom used to have a number of files. but the new rom has only one file which is a fusion of the number of files found in the old rom. what i did was after a long trial and error method i arrived at a working rom. i replaced the env folder completely with the old rom. along with the env folder the bin folder was also replaced. finally i had to replace the build.prop   ...now the tablet boots up.and i can see a major performance boost.but there is a problem. the audio is not working. if roger or someone who knows in and out about these firmwares can help me out on why the audio is not working it wold be nice.once i have the audio working i will post the link for other people to download the rom.<br /><br />update:<br />full rom working for bly-706f v1<br />based on vestinious 1.3.6.1 and uberiod hybrid v5<br /><a href='http://www.mediafire...8b233h3c2fl1bz1' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://www.mediafire...c2fl1bz1</a><br /><br /><br />vestinious based roms for these tablets will be released on demand.<br /><br />M009S Green LED <br />Maylong M-250 Green LED <br />InterToys NL Tablet <br />MID E18 <br />TomTec Tablet Blue LED <br />M009S Blue LED <br />M003S <br />PC-802 <br />VIA WM8650 8&quot;<br />M80003W <br />BLY-706F v1 <br />MID703 <br />M010S <br />M012S <br />M70007T <br />ViaPad M7 <br />VIA WM8650 <br />ATF3416-7 <br />BLY-706F v3 <br />M008S<br />

<br /><br /><br />

sir do you have the vestinous build for M008S? where can i download it...

#43 keypie

keypie

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 06:08 PM

First off go to the EKEN M009s thread - this is not it>> then here's some info that may help you:

FIRST MAKE SURE YOUR TABLET FITS THE SPECS -7" etc - Don't rush into it if you have a different size screen!
Read a bit to understand the various types.
Mostly two types - green LED or Blue LED with some variations among them. Then:

1. Download Firmware
2. Insert microsd card to Windows PC using card reader or slot in PC
3. Format microSD card using FAT32 as Filesystem
4. Extract archive to SD CARD (so a directory SD:\FirmwareInstall is present and the file wmt_scriptcmd in the sd root)
5. Remove microSD card from Windows OS pc.
6. Turn off your tablet
7. Insert microSD card into tablet
8. Turn on your tablet
9. Follow instructions
10: it will copy files to your tablet and then ask you to remove the sdcard.
11: It will reboot and after a few minutes (say 15 minutes max) the system will be installed.
12: If it stays stuck longer than 15 minutes it means it is the wrong ROM and you need to try a different version avalable from the forum.
13: This does not mean it is bricked (broken beyond repair) just need to try another ROM

I was tryed this rom for my M70007T
the spesific detail is:
http://www.masterpie...ad-7-multitouch

The problem is the touchscreen doesn't work.
Please help

#44 wannaknow

wannaknow

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 09:05 AM

does any one know where to find the eboot.env in the tablet? as in not in the downloadable rom..but in the tablet itself??

Do you know where to find the env_uboot file for the 8inch green led vibrate tab?

#45 wannaknow

wannaknow

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 09:06 AM

I was tryed this rom for my M70007T
the spesific detail is:
http://www.masterpie...ad-7-multitouch

The problem is the touchscreen doesn't work.
Please help

Did you manage to get is working? I can upload the env_uboot file for the 7inch if you want.

#46 ddr

ddr

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 24 August 2011 - 09:11 PM

After a bit of a scary time and several retrys I got my cheap chinese mid tablet to run uberoid - and what a difference - the thing is so much faster there is no real comparison. When I got this tablet off of ########### it was virtually unusable. I ended up ignoring it for a month because i was so disappointed - Finally I went back to it and by shutting off rotation and as much crap running in the background as I could I made it a passable book reader - still gave grief occasionally but if I was careful I could use it without too many lockups.

After following the directions here it is not only usable but fast! I am happy and amazed.

Thanks to all of you who made this possible.
Via 8650 Running Modroid v11
Viewsonic G-Tablet Running DRH
Cruz Micro T103
Hyundai A7-HD

www.appbrewers.com

https://market.andro...ewers.com&hl=en

#47 droidr

droidr

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 02:46 AM

I need advice. I'm really frustrated trying to install ROMs. My tablet is the iRobot, on the manual it reads WM8650 (7"), it has the metal button, not black. Green LED.
It looks exactly like the ZX07D, but it won't install any ROM that isn't in a script directory. That means, Uber is out for me. I tried all of them. It won't recognize them, but any script I put on the sd card is immediately recognized. Unfortunately, without the correct one, I get a managerie of different issues.

Does anyone know what to do? It's the Google Apad iRobot.

#48 tomasgrande

tomasgrande

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 01:24 AM

Hy!

Hungarian language is not in firmware for MID WM8650 Tablet Pc ?

Thanks!

#49 omarof

omarof

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 12:47 PM

does complied with ekenm009s

#50 BiggestJ

BiggestJ

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 02:26 AM

Hi everyone,

have any of you had problems with your WonderMedia WM8650 G-Sensor direcion being off by 90deg?!?

My WM8650 (I think it sounds like it's specifically a M80003W? because it's 8" 4:3 screen, black front, silver back, green LED circle around the back button (Red when charging), black headphone socket, never felt it vibrate, and can't seem to zoom photos with two fingers swiped in and out)

If any of you have had G-Sensor problems, is there any chance this ROM (or another one) might fix it for the simple tilt games (rolling a marble in a maze/labyrinth etc)?

with it's standard Chinese OEM ROM it has fairly shaky/unstable G-sensor signals and seem to respond 90degrees-out clockwise (eg from flat, tip it forward, but ball rolls to the right! while calibrating in "Gravity Golf" game!)

My Motorola Defy works perfectly by comparison, as you might expect for the money!

many thanks in advance everyone! :-)

BiggestJ

#51 hussam

hussam

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 05:15 PM

Glad to help :)

thanks alot
i tried this rom to my 7" wm8650 via tablet with sim card,but its not functionaly 100%
i think i used the wrong rom
please help me

#52 hussam

hussam

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 05:16 PM

hi
does this rom work with 7" wm8650 with sim card

#53 hussam

hussam

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 05:22 PM

hi everybody
does anybody firmwaor rom for wm8650 via 7" tablet with green led not vibrating
in this link you can see the pic of my device
http://www.alibaba.c...et_pc_with.html
i tried this rom ,but it does not work and my device now bricked.
can anybody help?

#54 hussam

hussam

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 01:13 PM

hi all
nobody answerme?

#55 Gabey8

Gabey8

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 10:00 PM

Hi. I've registered here because yesterday, I received a WonderMedia green LED, non-vibrating (as far as I can tell), Android 2.2, black back, black button slate. If there are any other descriptors needed to narrow down which version of the tablet I have, ask away and I'll verify what it is.

It's this one. http://www.geeks.com...p?invtid=RPAD-7 Computer Geeks just had a sale on them a few days ago. You might garner a few more new members as a result.

I am not a computer newbie, but I *am* a complete Android newbie. So forgive me, but I have a few questions.

Will the files listed on the first page, and the installation instructions on the first page, work for this device?

I'm seeing posts in this thread that concern me, like descriptions of functions that hadn't been ironed out at the time of the posts in question, (touchscreen and internet being two major things that spring to mind). Have those issues been corrected in the months since this thread began? Needless to say, I don't want to replace one problem (half-baked version of Android Market) with a different issue.

I figure I have a few days until my micro-SD card arrives in the mail, so I'll ask these questions now.

Thanks in advance.

#56 Gabey8

Gabey8

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 10:03 PM

This may be exactly what I'm looking for, as I've not had much luck with my 2.2 green led, non-vibrating unit. I'm curious: did your unit identify itself as a Wondermedia in the "about" section?

Mine does. It's this one. http://www.geeks.com...p?invtid=RPAD-7

Did you try the above instructions and did it work for you? As far as I can tell, my tablet fits the description you posted above.

Edited by Gabey8, 22 September 2011 - 12:03 AM.

#57 pwhite

pwhite

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 01:12 AM

Gabey8 - do you know which ROM is on it already? The name will come up after the Android robot when you switch it on.
If it is one of the latest ROMS, and everything works for you, then crack on and start playing with it! I'm on modroid v8 - did give a performance boost over the ROM it was shipped with.

#58 HGL

HGL

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 11:47 PM

Hi I just got one of the mid tablet pc's and I can't figure out which rom to use I found one that loaded but the touch screen and wifi wont work. Mine is a 7in with the Green Led and it Vibrates. Could someone here please help me!

#59 Gabey8

Gabey8

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 12:02 AM

Gabey8 - do you know which ROM is on it already? The name will come up after the Android robot when you switch it on.
If it is one of the latest ROMS, and everything works for you, then crack on and start playing with it! I'm on modroid v8 - did give a performance boost over the ROM it was shipped with.

On the About page, it says:

Android 2.2
Kernel 2.6.32.9-default
Build generic-eng2.2 Froyo Ver 1.5.0-20110613.053944

Model number:
WonderMedia WM8650

It's a 7", green-LED, no-vibrate tablet with a black back and black button on it.

I saw a post in another thread saying that Modroid V10 is the latest version. If my device is compatible, I want to upgrade. I'm just trying to do my homework first, as I only just got it a couple days ago and it's my first Android device.

#60 HGL

HGL

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:30 AM

Ok here is everything I've tired so maybe this will tell you what I need since I can't find it ugh!
I've noticed on the ones when unzipped that have a script file on the sd card are the ones that will load. Mines the 7 inch green led vibrates when turned on came in a blue box that said MID Tablet pc. thanks for all your help!

105_wmt2.1.2_20110305-hch.7z
m009_2.2_1202
M009_new2
105_wmt2.1.2_20110205-hch.7z
hybrid_wm8650_uberoid_1.3.0_v5.7z
Hybrid_wm8650_uberoid_v6final (1).7z
Hybrid_wm8650_uberoid_v6final .7z
Uberoid_wm8650_2.2_v1.2.2_nl_20110414_8-hch.7z
Uberoidm009d
vestimious m009s 1.3.6.1 wifi hotfix (bly-706f-v1).rar