Photo

green led (Bly-706f -v1 ) rom (update 29/05/11)(and roms for any other via 8650 based tablet on demand)

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#21 riandroidzx

riandroidzx

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:07 PM

Glad to help :)

hey roger i was just wondering if replacing the internal sd with a class 10 sd card of the same size will improve performance of the tablet?

#22 Roger Calver

Roger Calver

Firmware Dev

• Global Moderators
  • 2,737 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:41 PM

I've not opened mine but isn't it NAND chip and not a micro sd card.

Sent from my Slatedroid Singularity MID816 BETA using Tapatalk
Slatedroid Singularity

#23 Xynime

Xynime

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 04:06 AM

hello is this firmware will work for me? this is my 1st time
my tablet pc look exactly like this except mine are full black body :

http://www.slatedroi...talled-rom-122/

It came in a white box that had "MID" written on it with green letters.
It did vibrate on power up, green LED (red when charging)
audio port is black.
2 points finger touch screen

the manual book say nothing except "MID User Guide"

i buy it from here
http://www.aliexpres...holesalers.html

in the discription it did say Product Options: MID703

#24 riandroidzx

riandroidzx

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 01:55 PM

hello is this firmware will work for me? this is my 1st time
my tablet pc look exactly like this except mine are full black body :

http://www.slatedroi...talled-rom-122/

It came in a white box that had "MID" written on it with green letters.
It did vibrate on power up, green LED (red when charging)
audio port is black.
2 points finger touch screen

the manual book say nothing except "MID User Guide"

i buy it from here
http://www.aliexpres...holesalers.html

in the discription it did say Product Options: MID703

i think this is the firmware you are looking for. but i can be 100% sure till you identify your tab

#25 dg8mfi

dg8mfi

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 02:56 PM

what causes the touchscreen of the green led models not to work with all the other roms? even the eken firmware does not support the touchscreen....

#26 Roger Calver

Roger Calver

Firmware Dev

• Global Moderators
  • 2,737 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 03 June 2011 - 02:58 PM

Not exactly sure but I would say its the multi-touch aspect and different drivers loaded in the env.
Slatedroid Singularity

#27 Xynime

Xynime

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 06:40 AM

i think this is the firmware you are looking for. but i can be 100% sure till you identify your tab

hey i alrdy test the HYBRiD_WM8650_UBEROID_1.3.0_v5 for my device and select the MID703 option i can safely say it working g8..
except for flash its not working , and some apps are not avail in the market ex facebook, skype, dolphin browser hd...
i hope u realese this ROM for my device too. :)

#28 riandroidzx

riandroidzx

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 10:00 AM

what causes the touchscreen of the green led models not to work with all the other roms? even the eken firmware does not support the touchscreen....

you have to change the build.prop file

change the touchscree = 0 to touchscreen = 1

which might make it work

Edited by riandroidzx, 04 June 2011 - 10:01 AM.

#29 riandroidzx

riandroidzx

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 10:02 AM

hey i alrdy test the HYBRiD_WM8650_UBEROID_1.3.0_v5 for my device and select the MID703 option i can safely say it working g8..
except for flash its not working , and some apps are not avail in the market ex facebook, skype, dolphin browser hd...
i hope u realese this ROM for my device too. :)

jus give me a days time ill try and upload 1.3.6.1 vestinious rom tailored for your device :)

#30 riandroidzx

riandroidzx

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 10:15 AM

I've not opened mine but isn't it NAND chip and not a micro sd card.

Sent from my Slatedroid Singularity MID816 BETA using Tapatalk

as far as i know all these cheap Chinese tabs hav a micro sd card. but not sure hav to ask some one who has opened before

#31 Roger Calver

Roger Calver

Firmware Dev

• Global Moderators
  • 2,737 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 04 June 2011 - 11:19 AM

Ive found this but Ive not opened mine to see if it the same.

Posted Image
Slatedroid Singularity

#32 Markis69

Markis69

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 10:36 PM

Well I just got the Mid V7 from Merimobiles.com today and after repeatedly trying to flash it with different ROM's...this one finally appears to have worked. I haven't played with it for more than a few moments as I spent the last 3 hours flashing it repeatedly. I have the green LED, no vibrate on start and the via chipset.

Thank you so much for making these updates...I hope you keep up with the latest builds and continue keeping these up to date!

#33 craigdamico

craigdamico

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 05 June 2011 - 01:47 PM

Well I just got the Mid V7 from Merimobiles.com today and after repeatedly trying to flash it with different ROM's...this one finally appears to have worked. I haven't played with it for more than a few moments as I spent the last 3 hours flashing it repeatedly. I have the green LED, no vibrate on start and the via chipset.

Thank you so much for making these updates...I hope you keep up with the latest builds and continue keeping these up to date!

Hey Mark,

I also just got that exact same Mid V7 from Merimobile.com (GreenLED, no Vibe) and I really like it..

I have NOT flashed the ROM yet.. (I have been hesitant because of the known greenLED issues)..

What do you think of this new ROM ? ..any information would be greatly appreciated..

Craig
Current Tablets That i Use On A Daily Basis:
MID-V7 - 7" 16:9 Resistive Single Touch - Android 2.2 (Green-LED,No Vibe) from Merimobiles.com
HP iPAQ rx3715 - 3.5" 4:3 Resistive Touch - PocketPC2003Pro (Wifi,Bluetooth,SDslot,1.2MPcamera)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
my MID-V7 is running a modified "Singularity M009s v3" ROM made by Roger Calver
(the "env_uboot" is made by Riandroidzx)

#34 riandroidzx

riandroidzx

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 12:24 PM

cheers mate :)

#35 ditzy

ditzy

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 09:29 AM

Hi can someone help me! I bought an eken m009s from ######. Having usual problems I've read others are having etc re android market, flash player etc. I contacted my seller who 'doesn't have time' to help me he just directed me to this forum and told me to download the file. I've downloaded the file but he hasn't given me any further instructions or idea of what I'm supposed to do. Can anyone help me???
Thanks in advance!

Louise

#36 Phil Eugene

Phil Eugene

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 09:45 AM

Hi can someone help me! I bought an eken m009s from ######. Having usual problems I've read others are having etc re android market, flash player etc. I contacted my seller who 'doesn't have time' to help me he just directed me to this forum and told me to download the file. I've downloaded the file but he hasn't given me any further instructions or idea of what I'm supposed to do. Can anyone help me???
Thanks in advance!

Louise

First off go to the EKEN M009s thread - this is not it>> then here's some info that may help you:

FIRST MAKE SURE YOUR TABLET FITS THE SPECS -7" etc - Don't rush into it if you have a different size screen!
Read a bit to understand the various types.
Mostly two types - green LED or Blue LED with some variations among them. Then:

1. Download Firmware
2. Insert microsd card to Windows PC using card reader or slot in PC
3. Format microSD card using FAT32 as Filesystem
4. Extract archive to SD CARD (so a directory SD:\FirmwareInstall is present and the file wmt_scriptcmd in the sd root)
5. Remove microSD card from Windows OS pc.
6. Turn off your tablet
7. Insert microSD card into tablet
8. Turn on your tablet
9. Follow instructions
10: it will copy files to your tablet and then ask you to remove the sdcard.
11: It will reboot and after a few minutes (say 15 minutes max) the system will be installed.
12: If it stays stuck longer than 15 minutes it means it is the wrong ROM and you need to try a different version avalable from the forum.
13: This does not mean it is bricked (broken beyond repair) just need to try another ROM

#37 craigdamico

craigdamico

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 15 June 2011 - 04:37 PM

I got the "Singularity.v3" ROM to Work on my "GREEN-LED,NO-VIBE" MID v7 !!

..i took the "env_uboot" from the "Green-led-bly-706f-v1" ROM
at www.slatedroid.com/topic/18404-green-led-bly-706f-v1-rom-update-290511and-roms-for-any-other-via-8650-based-tablet-on-demand/

AND

put it into the "Singularity.v3" ROM
at www.slatedroid.com/topic/18521-slatedroid-singularity-m009s-final/

THEN

i copied the modified "Singularity.v3" ROM to my MicroSD, inserted the MicroSD into my Tablet, and then it totally loaded and is working Perfectly !!

"env_uboot" is located in these sub-folders on your computer after unzipping the downloaded ROMs.. -
C:\..\Vestinious M009s 1.3.6.1 Wifi hotfix (Bly-706f - v1)\FirmwareInstall\env\env_uboot
C:\..\Slatedroid Singularity M009s FINAL v3\FirmwareInstall\env\env_uboot

I just swapped these files, and now I have the awesome Singularity-ROM on my GREEN-LED Merimobiles 7" MID v7 Tablet !!

..and I am very Excited !!

Thanks To Roger & Riandroidzx,
Craig

Edited by craigdamico, 15 June 2011 - 04:40 PM.

MID-V7 - 7" 16:9 Resistive Single Touch - Android 2.2 (Green-LED,No Vibe) from Merimobiles.com
HP iPAQ rx3715 - 3.5" 4:3 Resistive Touch - PocketPC2003Pro (Wifi,Bluetooth,SDslot,1.2MPcamera)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#38 wannaknow

wannaknow

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 08:41 AM

I can confirm singularity V4 working on green LED, vibrate unit using craigbamico's method.

Good stuff.

#39 craigdamico

craigdamico

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 21 June 2011 - 07:17 PM

I can confirm singularity V4 working on green LED, vibrate unit using craigbamico's method.

Good stuff.

I'm glad to read that it's working.

Cheers !!

#40 Walden

Walden

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 12:41 PM

I have a BLY-706F (according to the manual) with green LED, black jack, and buzz at boot. It works well with this firmware, or with HCH for 8650 option 7, except that when I click Wi-Fi it says "turning on" and then green checkmark appears for several seconds and then it says "turning off" and the checkmark disappears again. If I click Wifi settings it says "scanning" and then after a few seconds it says "unable to scan."

This means I can use it for reading ebooks, playing games, watching videos, or doing basically anything I can install from SD card, but I can't access the Internet (except, perhaps through ethernet, if I had it available).