Android Tablets Forum banner

HTC Flyer quick impessions

9K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  nilofar_iqbal 
#1 ·
Well I happened to be in my local best buy and saw the Htc flyer
7inch nice form factor ,pretty decent screen
android 2.2 (i think)
and of course sense ui

can't say the sense ui was anything to write home about but remember this is just a quick opinion of one man standing in the middle of best buy

#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
LOL..I believe you 've got lost in BB.

Anyway, it's a typical HTC home screen.

The specs:

Processor

1.5GHz Qualcomm processor provides ample power for all these experiences

Operating System

Android™

Internal Memory

16GB internal memory, with expansion possible through a microSD slot

Display

7-inch 1024x600 TFT capacitive touch screen that takes input from fingers or an optional digital pen. Flexible and portable

Network

Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n 2.4GHz

Sensor

G-sensor, GPS/aGPS, digital compass, ambient light sensor

Cameras

Rear (5MP) and Front (1.3MP) cameras to support video chat through the video chat applications available in the Android Market

Connectivity

Bluetooth 3.0 with A2DP for stereo headsets lets you enjoy music and movies wirelessly

Output

Output to larger screens is enabled through an MHL port and DLNA capability

Audio

SRS WOW HD™ surround sound delivers impressive audio over the dual speakers or through headphones

And more: http://www.htc.com/www/product/flyer/specification.html

#7 ·
This is c all capable of Ice cream sandwich... petition??

#8 ·
I recently got a 16GB WiFi Flyer and am happy with it. Its the first well-known brand tablet I have bought (Ainol and Teclast are well known in China but not ROW) and I can say I am pleased with it, considering its limitations.

Firstly, its single core. OK, not a big deal as I don't multi-task much on it as its for casual gaming, skype and a bit of net access.
Secondly, its really locked down tight. No rooting works easily, and once upgraded to Honeycomb, presently no root available at all.
Finally, Flash was only the Flash Lite 10.1 version and wouldn't upgrade in 2.3. HC fixed this and its now 11.1.

The Honeycomb OTA upgrade went without any issues. The tablet came with 2.3.3, and needed 2 subsequent OTA patches (2.3.4 and 2.3.4 patches) before 3.2.1 became visible. HC 3.2.1 is nice, quite different from 2.3 Gingerbread, but still smooth and responsive. One thing to mention is that the backlit buttons are disabled after upgrading to HC as they are onscreen buttons in 3.2.1.

The table it well made, screen is good, response is fine. A bit heavy, but it has a unibody design which must add weight - not really a bad thing as it feels solid and not likely to flex or break. I like the replaceable microsd slot cover design because if you scratch the lens of the back camera, you can replace it easily (new slot cover). Its speakers (dual on the back) are loud and quite crisp for a tablet, so multimedia is good. 720p plays fine using the supplied player, and you can always replace that with MX Player etc. if you prefer. VPN works - most china tablets I have tried don't work OOB. BBC iPlayer works great, and so do all flash webpages.

Watch out for good deals on this tablet as HTC are discontinuing them. If its under 200GBP, its worth it. At its old RRP, its more expensive than an iPad, so guess what people would buy....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.